Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    I'm getting pretty excited for the big reveal. What are we thinking, 2 different logos, 3 or 4 new jerseys, plus new (old) retros?
    The Bucks got 3 new logos + 2 partial logos. Same for the 76ers. Same for the Clippers. So I'm pretty sure that's the NBA mandate.

Seems like they get a bit more freedom with jerseys, but I'd expect at least 3 new designs, maybe 4.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      The Bucks got 3 new logos + 2 partial logos. Same for the 76ers. Same for the Clippers. So I'm pretty sure that's the NBA mandate.

Seems like they get a bit more freedom with jerseys, but I'd expect at least 3 new designs, maybe 4.
      We've seen the whole logo package already guys. Sorry to burst your bubble, but we got 2 logos: One with the circle, one without. That's it. WE also have it in multiple colour options as well....

Al we are waiting for is the jerseys, guys. That's it.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
        We've seen the whole logo package already guys. Sorry to burst your bubble, but we got 2 logos: One with the circle, one without. That's it. WE also have it in multiple colour options as well....

That's quite the evidence you've presented...

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post

Cody, we just saw the primary and the partial primary. We haven't seen the secondary, partial secondary, or the tertiary. Literally every single team who got new logos for this season has that whole set.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            Cody, we just saw the primary and the partial primary. We haven't seen the secondary, partial secondary, or the tertiary. Literally every single team who got new logos for this season has that whole set.
            from Sports Logos:

It shows one primary Logo and 5 Secondary logos, I think thats all were getting.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/lis...oronto_Raptors

Comment

• Guys a lot of you act like this is the last rebrand.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Guys a lot of you act like this is the last rebrand.
                I can't wait for the next rebrand.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  I can't wait for the next rebrand.
                  Sad, and kinda true.

At least the font isn't half-bad.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    Guys a lot of you act like this is the last rebrand.
                    And by last, you mean worst, right? lol

Actually, I don't believe ours can be as bad as the Clippers. But you know what? They have stars on that team and will be perennial contenders for the next couple years, so theirs will work. That being said, ours will work as well, no matter how bad the design is for us true Raps fans.

Here`s a list of the top Pro Brands in Canada, according to a survey done by Insightrix Research, which polled 2,700 Canadian sports fans - 300 in each of nine major cities - in what was called a "sports brand equity index."

1. Montreal Canadiens
                    2. Toronto Maple Leafs
                    3. Saskatchewan Roughriders
                    4. Toronto Blue Jays
                    5. Toronto Raptors
                    6. Winnipeg Jets
                    7. Vancouver Canucks
                    8. Calgary Flames
                    9. Ottawa Senators
                    10. Montreal Alouettes

Raptors need a few(A LOT!!!) more winning seasons before we can compete with those tops brands. Blue Jays are next on the list and they have almost 20 years and 2 World Series Championships on the Raps.

Winning will do a lot to shorten the gap on those top teams in Canada, but it will also do a lot for the team in terms of NBA fans, most of which are in the USA.

Things are looking up for this franchise with Masai at the helm, so I`m hoping no matter how ugly we find these uniforms, they can still be a part of that period of time where the Raps were really good. I`m starting to lower my expectations as to what the unis look like, while I`m more focused on the on-court product.

http://www.tsn.ca/survey-habs-the-st...anada-1.327906

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                      And by last, you mean worst, right? lol

Actually, I don't believe ours can be as bad as the Clippers. But you know what? They have stars on that team and will be perennial contenders for the next couple years, so theirs will work. That being said, ours will work as well, no matter how bad the design is for us true Raps fans.

Here`s a list of the top Pro Brands in Canada, according to a survey done by Insightrix Research, which polled 2,700 Canadian sports fans - 300 in each of nine major cities - in what was called a "sports brand equity index."

1. Montreal Canadiens
                      2. Toronto Maple Leafs
                      3. Saskatchewan Roughriders
                      4. Toronto Blue Jays
                      5. Toronto Raptors
                      6. Winnipeg Jets
                      7. Vancouver Canucks
                      8. Calgary Flames
                      9. Ottawa Senators
                      10. Montreal Alouettes

Raptors need a few(A LOT!!!) more winning seasons before we can compete with those tops brands. Blue Jays are next on the list and they have almost 20 years and 2 World Series Championships on the Raps.

Winning will do a lot to shorten the gap on those top teams in Canada, but it will also do a lot for the team in terms of NBA fans, most of which are in the USA.

Things are looking up for this franchise with Masai at the helm, so I`m hoping no matter how ugly we find these uniforms, they can still be a part of that period of time where the Raps were really good. I`m starting to lower my expectations as to what the unis look like, while I`m more focused on the on-court product.

http://www.tsn.ca/survey-habs-the-st...anada-1.327906
                      There's absolutely no way a CFL teams brand is more popular or valuable than an NBA team. The survey is skewed if you take an equal sample from each city, it should be weighted based on the population of each city. If you ask someone from Saskatchewan about what sports team they can identify with, they will obviously pick the Roughriders as they are the only team that actually plays in that city. From an overall country view the Raptors brand is substantially greater than any CFL team.
                      Last edited by slamdunk23; Wed Jul 15, 2015, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                        There's absolutely no way a CFL teams brand is more popular or valuable than an NBA team. The survey is skewed if you take an equal sample from each city, it should be weighted based on the population of each city. If you ask someone from Saskatchewan about what sports team they can identify with, they will obviously pick the Roughriders as they are the only team that actually plays in that city. From an overall country view the Raptors brand is substantially greater than any CFL team.
                        I tend to agree with you, man. We have to be bigger than any CFL team, but I do know that those fans are hard-fucking-core. Either way, the Raps are still behind the Jays, Leafs and Habs, which they are not likely to overcome any time soon.

Rather than look to out-do those franchises, it would be nice to have an exciting team to get to the level of popularity through the US that rivals the early VC days.

Comment

If you live in the Toronto area, it is easy to understand why you have such a negative view of the CFL as the Big City media does nothing to promote the Argos and their recent owner was no better. However, the CFL is huge from Winnipeg west. The Raptors are pretty much a meh in over half of the country. And the Riders following goes way beyond Saskatchewan, as games in Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver often sound like Rider home games. The Riders sell far more team merchandise than do the Raps.
                          Believe it or not, the sports world is bigger than Tronna.

Comment

• danno wrote: View Post
                            If you live in the Toronto area, it is easy to understand why you have such a negative view of the CFL as the Big City media does nothing to promote the Argos and their recent owner was no better. However, the CFL is huge from Winnipeg west. The Raptors are pretty much a meh in over half of the country. And the Riders following goes way beyond Saskatchewan, as games in Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver often sound like Rider home games. The Riders sell far more team merchandise than do the Raps.
                            Believe it or not, the sports world is bigger than Tronna.
                            CFL broadcasts have double the viewership of the Raptors (https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh...194124449.html).
                            Last edited by S.R.; Thu Jul 16, 2015, 09:49 AM.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

If you ask someone from Saskatchewan about what sports team they can identify with, they will obviously pick the Roughriders as they are the only team that actually plays in that city.
                              Guessing you don't live out west. Saskatchewan isn't a city, it's a province.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• vc15ap18 wrote: View Post
                                from Sports Logos:

It shows one primary Logo and 5 Secondary logos, I think thats all were getting.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/lis...oronto_Raptors
                                That's still just the primary logo and the partial primary. The Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary logos are wholly different, not just a different color scheme. Check out these links and you'll see what the NBA requires for teams making new logos. It's 3 distinct logos and 2 partials.

http://www.nba.com/bucks/new-logo
                                http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/150512-logos

Comment

Working...
                                X