Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsors on jerseys would be stupid

Comment

• Soccer can justify sponsors on the jerseys because games last less than 2 hours and have very few commercial breaks. Watching the NBA you can't go more than 6 minutes without being force fed a commercial break, and it's usually every 3 minutes or less.

Comment

• Underwhelmed. They are so... meh. What was the point of all this again? Other than to sell more merchandise?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          Soccer can justify sponsors on the jerseys because games last less than 2 hours and have very few commercial breaks. Watching the NBA you can't go more than 6 minutes without being force fed a commercial break, and it's usually every 3 minutes or less.
          If we didn't get force fed those commercials I would be fine if players wore jerseys that made them look like race cars tbh

Comment

• I'm with Primer & Bandit on this one.

The only way I'd be okay with sponsors on jerseys is if there no more fucking commercial breaks.
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
              If we didn't get force fed those commercials I would be fine if players wore jerseys that made them look like race cars tbh
              No, the plan isn't to make the same amount of money, it's to make more money.

Comment

• Here's the new jerseys and the old jerseys in one post so everyone can see the difference (what little there is). I think the new ones are undeniably better, but they're also not terribly different. I would have loved to get rid of the chevrons down the side and just do a thin stripe, but at least they made it thinner. The v-neck looks better to me, the font design color and placement are a lot better. The shorts look a bit better too IMO.

New:

Old:
                Last edited by Primer; Thu Aug 6, 2015, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Here's the new jerseys and the old jerseys in one post so everyone can see the difference (what little there is). I think the new ones are undeniably better, but they're also not terribly different. I would have loved to get rid of the chevrons down the side and just do a thin stripe, but at least they made it thinner. The v-neck looks better to me, the font design color and placement are a lot better. The shorts look a bit better too IMO.

New:

Old:
                  shorts are definately a improvement
                  Last edited by MixxAOR; Fri Aug 7, 2015, 09:30 AM.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Here's the new jerseys and the old jerseys in one post so everyone can see the difference (what little there is). I think the new ones are undeniably better, but they're also not terribly different. I would have loved to get rid of the chevrons down the side and just do a thin stripe, but at least they made it thinner. The v-neck looks better to me, the font design color and placement are a lot better. The shorts look a bit better too IMO.

New:

Old:
                    Clean, simple and a definite improvement imo... Should have kept a single Toronto jersey, would have been nice on the ovo jersey since he's from Toronto and it contains no Canadian colours. Also the chevrons remained but now face north.. hence we the north is being displayed without a city name.
                    Very nice rebrand in my opinion which will stand the test of time... Especially once we are laying slaughter to the league and Durant joins us next off-season.

Comment

• Things I like:

The V-Neck and new piping.

The shorts.

The smaller details (Flipping up the chevrons, TO on the Shorts, Maple Leaf on the waist)

Things I dislike:

The Fonts. Both are just godawful.

The arched back wordmark.

The fact it's still too similar to our old look.

The red jersey. It's my least fave, yet were gonna see it a lot more than that beauty black one.

All in all, a 6.75/10.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Someone did a side by side comparison of old to new jerseys that's a bit better than what I just did.

I'll also toss in this high-res photo of the red jersey so you can see how the mesh material is different on the chest, I hadn't noticed this before. It also includes a better view of the new shorts.

I liked the new jerseys when I first saw them, and they're growing on me even more. It seems like the goal was a renovation rather than a complete tear down and rebuild (kinda like the roster). The old jerseys weren't bad, and these new ones are definitely an improved version. Honestly, I think we have one of the better looking set of jerseys in the NBA now.

Comment

I liked the new jerseys when I first saw them, and they're growing on me even more. It seems like the goal was a renovation rather than a complete tear down and rebuild (kinda like the roster). The old jerseys weren't bad, and these new ones are definitely an improved version. Honestly, I think we have one of the better looking set of jerseys in the NBA now.
                          Agree on the renovation re-brand, like the roster.

One of the things I especially like about the rebrand is the little hidden touches or easter eggs:
                          - 'We the North' upside down where you see it when you tuck in
                          - the TO on the side of the shorts
                          - the maple leaf on the waistband (OK, this is more obvious, and I like the subtlety vs. the old placement)

Comment

• I lime the rebrand overall. I Ike's the logo and the jerseys. They just look clean. They shouldn't have released the logo in black and white though, if it was always going to be coloured.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                              Things I like:

The V-Neck and new piping.

The shorts.

The smaller details (Flipping up the chevrons, TO on the Shorts, Maple Leaf on the waist)

Things I dislike:

The Fonts. Both are just godawful.

The arched back wordmark.

The fact it's still too similar to our old look.

The red jersey. It's my least fave, yet were gonna see it a lot more than that beauty black one.

All in all, a 6.75/10.
                              I completely agree, especially about the bolded. It looks like the logo/number design was done by a 12-year old using Corel Draw circa 1995.

I personally find this uber-minimalist design to be quite boring, but at least it's clean. The neck-line is an improvement.

I think the biggest disappointment for me is that this "rebrand" is barely more than a tweak of the existing design. After all the build-up and hype, including the launch of the "We The North" campaign, the new jerseys are just so anti-climactic.

Comment

• Personally think the jerseys look awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X