Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I completely agree, especially about the bolded. It looks like the logo/number design was done by a 12-year old using Corel Draw circa 1995.

I personally find this uber-minimalist design to be quite boring, but at least it's clean. The neck-line is an improvement.

I think the biggest disappointment for me is that this "rebrand" is barely more than a tweak of the existing design. After all the build-up and hype, including the launch of the "We The North" campaign, the new jerseys are just so anti-climactic.
    Agreed. Why were Masai and Casey wearing so many god damn purple ties!!! IT WAS ALL A TEASE!

Comment

• They all look damn sharp to me. Might actually inspire me to buy my first Raptors gear ever. I'd still like to see a secondary logo at some point.

Comment

• They're nice, although I don't understand the commitment to the chevrons and the v-neck. If there is a push for a certain amount of continuity in the design cues, I would have liked to see the purple come back. I know there'll be plenty of vintage stuff (and nights) around, but white and red ("Canada's team" marketing idea, I'm sure) will always be more generic team colours than these babies:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Sharp!!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I think the new jerseys are great. I'm definitely going to buy my first Raptors jersey now. They basically refined the old ones which were already fine and made it much better. Also I actually love the font.

People really need to get over the purple tho lol. It's clear the organization wants the Raptors to be "Canada's" team. Our current colour scheme exemplifies that. People can get their purple fix on retro nights. Don't need an entire set of purple unis for Canada's team.

Comment

• I'm really liking this WeTheLetters and WeTheNumbers.

its the best part abt this whole rebrand.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                Sharp!!

Holy shit, that jersey looks great. I think this is the first time we're seeing it on an actual player. I'm gonna buy one for sure.

I also really like the new font and am indifferent on the new numbers. I guess it's one of those "some people say that cucumbers tastes better pickled" situations. Can't please everyone.

Finally, fuck purple. It's a weird feminine color that doesn't look good on any pro sports team. I literally have no clothes that are purple. I think you guys are just stuck on it as a nostalgia thing, even though the Kings were doing it before we were, and the Kings have probably the ugliest jerseys in the entire NBA.

Comment

• didn't realize how many teams wear blue.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Sharp!!

Look pretty nice on an actual human!

Still though, it's odd how the white of the letters + numbers isn't repeated anywhere else on the shirt. Gives it a rec-league vibe. I guess they were following this kind of thinking:

...but it doesn't work as well.

Looking forward to seeing the Drake alternates in action - those ones are going to KILL.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Sharp!!

I swear numbers are lower than on reveal pics
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

didn't realize how many teams wear blue.
                        Hey 22 for the Thunder LOOK ALIVE lol

And compared to the rest of the jerseys in this pic, I have to say, ours looks pretty damn good.
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

didn't realize how many teams wear blue.
                          Ok,we might have the best jerseys in this pic. I didn't realize it before but we definitely have the steepest arch in our lettering on the front by far.

Comment

• I read a article a while ago that said that teams play better when playing against a team with red jerseys on.

Comment

• Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
                              I read a article a while ago that said that teams play better when playing against a team with red jerseys on.
                              Montreal Canadiens.

San Francisco 49ers.

Houston Rockets.

Detroit Red Wings.

Tiger Woods.

Chicago Bulls.

You WANT to be wearing red.
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• The new jerseys are fantastic, Raps are heading in the right direction. The whole feel around Toronto this year is fantastic.

To sum up good sports things in Toronto this summer (I'll probably miss some)

DeMarre Carroll
                                CoJo
                                Raptors 905
                                Casey rehired (threw that in for fireworks)
                                Babcock
                                The dude from New Jersey
                                The raptors new jerseys
                                Price
                                TuLo
                                Others jays acquisitions
                                Jays winning
                                OVO fest with KD wearing a price jersey
                                LeBron at Cabana dancing
                                TFC kinda doing stuff and having the league MVP

Pretty wild considering where the city was sports was 2 years ago...
                                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                                Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X