No announcement yet.

Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When they first announced that they're going to do a rebrand. I mentioned that if they're going to stick with the colour red, i mentioned the Indiana Hoosiers uniforms as the one i want to see them emulate.

Well it's pretty close.......

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Ok,we might have the best jerseys in this pic. I didn't realize it before but we definitely have the steepest arch in our lettering on the front by far.
      The steep arch kills the jersey a lot for me, it just looks stupid. Especially since "Raptors" isn't even a long word.

Those new Denver road uniforms are terrible though.

Comment

• More from the rookie shoot:

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          I swear numbers are lower than on reveal pics
          Yeah, I think you're right about that. One of my complaints about the original reveal was that with such a round wordmark that suggests a circle, the numbers should be centered in that imaginary circle. The original reveal numbers were too high. These ones do look kinda centered within the circle.

Comment

• Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
            I read a article a while ago that said that teams play better when playing against a team with red jerseys on.
            I'd be curious to see your source on that. I've seen a few studies saying the opposite:

http://www.psychologyofgames.com/201...ld-you-choose/

Comment

• This looks better IMO.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post

This looks better IMO.
                Ok, I love that jersey in purple.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  Montreal Canadiens.

San Francisco 49ers.

Houston Rockets.

Detroit Red Wings.

Tiger Woods.

Chicago Bulls.

You WANT to be wearing red.
                  Might want to include the Blackhawks ... and maybe Manchester United and Bayern Munich

Comment

Holy shit, that jersey looks great. I think this is the first time we're seeing it on an actual player. I'm gonna buy one for sure.

I also really like the new font and am indifferent on the new numbers. I guess it's one of those "some people say that cucumbers tastes better pickled" situations. Can't please everyone.

Finally, fuck purple. It's a weird feminine color that doesn't look good on any pro sports team. I literally have no clothes that are purple. I think you guys are just stuck on it as a nostalgia thing, even though the Kings were doing it before we were, and the Kings have probably the ugliest jerseys in the entire NBA.
                    I actually like purple. Don't think it's feminine.

It's definitely gaudy, though ... and though distinctive, I think it just looks unnatural and tacky paired with a freaking (stylized) dinosaur. Like a kid's Hallowe'en costume.

It does look good, somehow, on a leaping Delon Wright. Good pic, I guess

Comment

This looks better IMO.
                      Imagine that with a white primary, purple replacing the black, black replacing the white, and red staying the same. TALK ABOUT SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET CANDY!!

Comment

This looks better IMO.
                        I think that looks terrible. The real red jersey looks soooo much better. People need to get over the obsession with purple.

Comment

I think that looks terrible. The real red jersey looks soooo much better. People need to get over the obsession with purple.
                          In all honesty, I like the black jersey (The one with red) the most.

But I gotta admit, purple's a very cool colour.. and since the Suns wanna drop it so bad, why not bring it back? It's unique, looks fantastic with black and red if used right, and makes us diverse from so many teams.

With the red, no need to call us King's clones either.

Unless we do use gold full-time, I don't see why we have a 'Drake' jersey. I'd rather have purple.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Holy shit, that jersey looks great. I think this is the first time we're seeing it on an actual player. I'm gonna buy one for sure.

I also really like the new font and am indifferent on the new numbers. I guess it's one of those "some people say that cucumbers tastes better pickled" situations. Can't please everyone.

Finally, fuck purple. It's a weird feminine color that doesn't look good on any pro sports team. I literally have no clothes that are purple. I think you guys are just stuck on it as a nostalgia thing, even though the Kings were doing it before we were, and the Kings have probably the ugliest jerseys in the entire NBA.
                            Right now they do, yeah.

But the 00's set... even the checkerboard jersey, was fantastic.

But I wear purple clothes... heck, even got purple jeans.
                            Axel wrote:
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            KeonClark wrote:

Comment

What are you, a 70 year old man who thinks women should be in the kitchen all day and men need to be working the fields too?

Purple is a killer color, and done properly looks incredibly slick. Nothing feminine about it, if anything that statement just looks like you aren't confident with your own sexuality.

That purple jersey Delon is rocking is nice, and it pays homage to what we have worn in the past.

Comment

In all honesty, I like the black jersey (The one with red) the most.

But I gotta admit, purple's a very cool colour.. and since the Suns wanna drop it so bad, why not bring it back? It's unique, looks fantastic with black and red if used right, and makes us diverse from so many teams.

With the red, no need to call us King's clones either.

Unless we do use gold full-time, I don't see why we have a 'Drake' jersey. I'd rather have purple.
                                I think purple and red look bad together. The only purple NBA jerseys I like are the Lakers, because purple and yellow actually go well together. Suns are next best with purple and orange. Kings jerseys are just hideous to me. That's 3 teams using purple already, it's not unique. No one is using gold (except those hideous wizards alternates), that's unique, and I would have been fine if the drake jersey was our official away jersey. Gold also goes will with red, and I would have loved if we did something like the Canada hockey jersey.

Anyways, we can't change our jerseys again for several years so everyone might as well get used to the new ones, which in my humble opinion look great.

Comment

Working...
                                X