Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandit wrote: View Post
    What are you, a 70 year old man who thinks women should be in the kitchen all day and men need to be working the fields too?

Purple is a killer color, and done properly looks incredibly slick. Nothing feminine about it, if anything that statement just looks like you aren't confident with your own sexuality.

That purple jersey Delon is rocking is nice, and it pays homage to what we have worn in the past.
    I'll rock a pink shirt, I just don't want the Raptors to rock pink jerseys. The femine aspect of purple is besides the point, sorry for distracting you, my main argument against it is that it doesn't look good, especially paired with red. Like I said, lots of teams already do purple, nothing unique about it. You guys are just clinging to our initial terrible design for some reason.

Comment

• if think Team Canada can pull it gold off because...well they win gold. Raptors on another hand.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        I'll rock a pink shirt, I just don't want the Raptors to rock pink jerseys. The femine aspect of purple is besides the point, sorry for distracting you, my main argument against it is that it doesn't look good, especially paired with red. Like I said, lots of teams already do purple, nothing unique about it. You guys are just clinging to our initial terrible design for some reason.
        Purple and Red alone, yeah....

With Black, it works.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Purple is just conceptually different from what MLSE wants. Purple is good in short doses but not every game imo
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Save purple for the retros IMO. Presumably that's what is actually being done.

Comment

I think purple and red look bad together. The only purple NBA jerseys I like are the Lakers, because purple and yellow actually go well together. Suns are next best with purple and orange. Kings jerseys are just hideous to me. That's 3 teams using purple already, it's not unique. No one is using gold (except those hideous wizards alternates), that's unique, and I would have been fine if the drake jersey was our official away jersey. Gold also goes will with red, and I would have loved if we did something like the Canada hockey jersey.

Anyways, we can't change our jerseys again for several years so everyone might as well get used to the new ones, which in my humble opinion look great.

Um.... the Pelicans use gold full-time. Heck, with them using Navy, Red and Gold....
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I think that looks terrible. The real red jersey looks soooo much better. People need to get over the obsession with purple.
                Ban him!
                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Official look at the White Shorts:

Notice the Grey Waistband.....
                  Axel wrote:
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• You will never please everyone when it comes to revealing a new jersey. I absolutely hate purple jerseys. After seeing the red jersey on Delon + the rookie photo shoot with all the other teams in the shot, imo Raptors have one of the best jerseys in the league. The simplicity and cleanness of it gives it a classic look that can last for years.

Honestly, only think Milwaukee's jerseys are better, and I think that has more to do with the colour combination than the actual style of the uniform which is very similar to the Raptors.

Comment

• I would be fine with the new jerseys if they just kept the purple throwbacks. But sadly they've been replaced with the Drake jerseys. And I realize people like those, and most like the black alts, so I wish the black alts were our primary roads, with the retros and the Drakes as our alternates.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        I would be fine with the new jerseys if they just kept the purple throwbacks. But sadly they've been replaced with the Drake jerseys. And I realize people like those, and most like the black alts, so I wish the black alts were our primary roads, with the retros and the Drakes as our alternates.
                        How do you know the drake jerseys replaced the throwback jerseys?
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          Official look at the White Shorts:

Notice the Grey Waistband.....
                          Ouuu nice

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                            How do you know the drake jerseys replaced the throwback jerseys?
                            I suppose I don't know for sure, but every sign points to it. No 20th anniversary anymore, Drakes AND blacks designated as alternates. How many alternates you think they are wearing this year?
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I suppose I don't know for sure, but every sign points to it. No 20th anniversary anymore, Drakes AND blacks designated as alternates. How many alternates you think they are wearing this year?
                              True. Itd be cool if they at least brought them out for a few games

Comment

Do some teams not rock retros? I don't see why we'd pass on it. Hopefully it's the camos that have been put in a bottomless pit.

Comment

Working...
                                X