Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    Well, it's the partial primary, so it's supposed to be the same logo with some stuff removed. Less is more in this case.

I like the new logo and the really like the new jerseys, just goes to show you can't please everyone.
    I hate the new logo. But i love the new jerseys specially the red one.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      I hate the new logo. But i love the new jerseys specially the red one.
      I feel the same way. I think the new jerseys are gorgeous, might have to get a Lowry red. But the watermelon sucks, the secondary isn't too bad when it's on a red background i guess.

Just wish that we had the claw still, that was my favorite logo. The claw and these new jerseys would be a win for me

Comment

• If this teams makes it out of the 1st round, these jerseys (including the watermelon) will be the most beloved uniforms of all time.

Comment

• Has the logo really grown on anyone else? Also, have we discussed how it doubles as a subtle maple leaf?

Comment

• Still dislike the new logo. Like the uniforms waaaaaay more than I thought I would.

In other new logos:

Surprised that I kinda like the new Clippers branding. Hated it when it came out, but on the court, it's not so bad.

Don't love the Bucks makeover as much as I thought I would. Biggest problem is the light brown colour - bad for a sports team I think.

The Hawks...man.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• The road blacks are the best Jerseys
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• What about the maple leaf aspect? I assume it's intentional, as with most things "subtle" in marketing.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  What about the maple leaf aspect? I assume it's intentional, as with most things "subtle" in marketing.
                  I bet it's not.

There's a "s" in the Jays logo too that I always see.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    I bet it's not.

There's a "s" in the Jays logo too that I always see.
                    Of course there's also the new smoky 'E' in the new Raps, no theories on that one. But the maple leaf makes a lot of sense.

Comment

• I don't see a maple leaf

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                        I don't see a maple leaf

A little abstract, I know.
                        Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sat Nov 28, 2015, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

A little abstract, I know.
                          Barely see it. Doubt that was done on purpose

Comment

• Weird how teams are leaving subtle things in their logo designs

It's a little abstract, I know

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                              Weird how teams are leaving subtle things in their logo designs

It's a little abstract, I know
                              Oh my god hahaha haha haha haha

Well played man, well played
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Thank god for Demar.

A couple years ago, the Raptors were considering changing their colors to black and gold.

As we know now, they kept red as a primary color. They just created a Drake-inspired black-and-gold alternate jersey to go with home whites and road reds.

Why didn’t the Raptors go full Drake?

Apparently, DeMar DeRozan.

Kyle Lowry on The Lowe Post podcast with Zach Lowe:

"We was supposed to change everything. We was supposed to go to black and gold everything.

And DeMar was like, he didn’t want to do that, because he’s been here with the red and the white – and they’re Canadian colors.

Listen, our colors are red and white. This is what it is. Let’s leave it how it is. We’re Canada’s team."
                                http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/01/15/...d-main-colors/

Comment

Working...
                                X