No announcement yet.

GAME #22 Toronto Raptors vs Brooklyn Nets - Feb 5 2021 - 7:30PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge game from Kyle. It's gonna be terrible when he starts to decline. Really really terrible. Pascal is turning it around too. If his 3 point shot comes back that would be big time. Glad he's not taking them right now, but I think he's got to get up a few a game just so he can get his rhythm and confidence back.

Comment

• Good game, despite the refs trying hard to hand it to the big market team. There seems to be a lot less negative talk about how bad Siakim is here lately, wierd. Jump back on the bandwagon?

Can somebody please tell Bains to dunk the ball if he is 2 feet from the basket? Cam he do this?
      Missed two layups in this game that he could have easily dunked......

Comment

• I really cant see this nets team coming out of the east. Their gonna have to play 3 tough defensive teams just to get to the finals...yeah good luck with that. Bucks, 6ers, celts, raps, pacers and even the heat if they turn it around will all make it tough on BKN to score. They have to finish 1 or 2 just to ensure an easy 1st round, otherwise they'll have tough hill to climb.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          Raptors should just rest all their top guys tonight. Focus on the game tomorrow. Tomorrow's game against the Hawks is huge.
          Or, win them both. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Comment

• I developed this habit watching Raptor games this season where I'm just getting mad at dumb plays.. the kinds of things that happened last season too, but I never sweated them. I need to figure out how to relax a bit more. That was actually a fun game, playing a team that is stylistically pretty awful. Kyle Lowry in the first and fourth quarters was the man. Siakam kept us in it in the 3rd. It was an awesome win against a real contender.

If KD played properly they probably would have won. He only had 8 points in 19 minutes but was +10 in his time on the court. It showed. We gave up the big lead primarily because of him.. although some of that was on the refs. I don't get why the KD foul was overthrown really.. and no calls on the Kyle head shot, or the Norm head shot.. just bonkers.. but they prevailed.

Fred had a terrible game.. I think he got shook from all the interviews after scoring 54. It speaks volumes when guys can consistently score like that every game. Really shows who are stars and who are just good players. But that 3 at the end was typical Fred. Scored exactly when we needed it.

Getting closer and closer to .500. Tied with Atlanta for 6th/7th. Could make our mark in this road stretch coming up.

Another big game tonight.

Comment

• HogieTime wrote: View Post

Why do you even watch? All your comments are negative about the team lol. How's that even fun?
              You gotta understand, some folks are wired that way. And constant negative remarks means that when the Raptors lose, the commenter can walk around saying "I told you this team was trash," etc.

Comment

• Great game.
                I can’t remember being this disgusted by the refs in a long time. I was in disbelief by some of those calls in the first half. Glad we pressed through.

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
                  Great game.
                  I can’t remember being this disgusted by the refs in a long time. I was in disbelief by some of those calls in the first half. Glad we pressed through.
                  You just need to pay more attention. NBA refs are either the most inept or most corrupt on the planet.
                  And the NBA is either OK with it or encourages it

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    siakam quietly returning to form? hopefully his 3 point shot comes back too.
                    His post game is improving. If he can add some bulk without losing quickness, he could be dominant. And continue to work on the handles.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

You just need to pay more attention. NBA refs are either the most inept or most corrupt on the planet.
                      And the NBA is either OK with it or encourages it
                      Yeah, I don’t deny that, but there were a few calls tonight that felt like they were bordering on corrupt. The illegal screen call on Baynes was terrible. The review was embarrassing. They clearly went into that review thinking, “If there’s any way we can keep Durant in this game, we need to find it.”

I’m legitimately impressed with Nurse for keeping his composure.

To your point, yes, NBA refereeing is notoriously awful. I’m just saying that this game was over the top.

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post

Yeah, I don’t deny that, but there were a few calls tonight that felt like they were bordering on corrupt. The illegal screen call on Baynes was terrible. The review was embarrassing. They clearly went into that review thinking, “If there’s any way we can keep Durant in this game, we need to find it.”

I’m legitimately impressed with Nurse for keeping his composure.

To your point, yes, NBA refereeing is notoriously awful. I’m just saying that this game was over the top.
                        The Durant overturn call is perfect ammunition for the NBA conspiracy theorists. The refs spend 10 minutes trying to find something, anything and announce that the call is overturned because Durant touched the ball first. 2 seconds later ESPN shows the replay from another angle, and it wasn’t even close. ESPN commentators shrug and quickly move on. Durant even being allowed to play in the game is clearly the result of ESPN pressure. ESPN and Nike are running this league.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The Durant overturn call is perfect ammunition for the NBA conspiracy theorists. The refs spend 10 minutes trying to find something, anything and announce that the call is overturned because Durant touched the ball first. 2 seconds later ESPN shows the replay from another angle, and it wasn’t even close. ESPN commentators shrug and quickly move on. Durant even being allowed to play in the game is clearly the result of ESPN pressure. ESPN and Nike are running this league.
                          KD sitting out a nationally televised game? No chance, the NBA did everything possible to have him play outside of the person testing positive.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

KD sitting out a nationally televised game? No chance, the NBA did everything possible to have him play outside of the person testing positive.

Ding, ding, ding!

Comment

• I don't really think refs have bias to most of the time. You could never have a consistent "call the game for this team" type thing without having whistleblowers come out. People are not that good at keeping things under wraps. Also, all fans think NBA refs suck. It's a hard game to call, they make mistakes, some nights they do better than others (a lot of confirmation bias for fans on that end).
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

You gotta understand, some folks are wired that way. And constant negative remarks means that when the Raptors lose, the commenter can walk around saying "I told you this team was trash," etc.
                                you're thinking too deeply on this one bud. when they play trash i call um trash, when they ply great i call um great. Pretty simple really

Comment

Working...
                                X