Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Len in fact lead the Whiz in scoring tonight. wow
    ahead of Russ with 13pts, and Beal down the list with 7 points on 1/14 shooting. (#superstar.)

Yikes... That is FUGLY
    the experiment having two ball dominant players more so of Westbrook is looking more like a failure than a success....though Westbrook is just a difficult player to surround with. Beal is a fringe star, haven’t seen someone here saying he is a superstar unless I’m mistaken.

Chemistry is very important in a team sport success...as far as I’m concerned, the duo of Siakam and Van Vleet minus the Lowry factor can be a long term problem of this team. It’s a matter of choice. Selling high of an appreciating asset to get to the next level should always be in Bobby’s mind.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

You gotta understand, some folks are wired that way. And constant negative remarks means that when the Raptors lose, the commenter can walk around saying "I told you this team was trash," etc.
      That's exactly it. Or it makes the pain of the loss sting less for them because they actually care about the Raptors winning or losing more than all of us lol
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Guys how do you put someone on your block list again? I can't seem to find it
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
          Guys how do you put someone on your block list again? I can't seem to find it
          I've never used it myself.. but click on your own profile (top right corner of screen on desktop) and go to "user settings->account". At the bottom is the ignore list that you can add to.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            I don't really think refs have bias to most of the time. You could never have a consistent "call the game for this team" type thing without having whistleblowers come out. People are not that good at keeping things under wraps. Also, all fans think NBA refs suck. It's a hard game to call, they make mistakes, some nights they do better than others (a lot of confirmation bias for fans on that end).
            In general, the sport itself compared to the other team sports most especially the NBA is just difficult to officiate. The pace is always that fast and referees are prone to call violations more subjectively than objectively. However, there are some zebras who leans more on their own biases. Preferential treatment and household names superstars always get the benefit of the doubt. Corruption is very rare , although Tom Donahue was the one who got caught.

Right now, majority of the refs are very new in officiating at the highest level of their profession. The league itself are into inclusion and diversification, why we see more of these women referees.

They are human beings and totally agree with you...like anybody else, they see the gray area.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

In general, the sport itself compared to the other team sports most especially the NBA is just difficult to officiate. The pace is always that fast and referees are prone to call violations more subjectively than objectively. However, there are some zebras who leans more on their own biases. Preferential treatment and household names superstars always get the benefit of the doubt. Corruption is very rare , although Tom Donahue was the one who got caught.

Right now, majority of the refs are very new in officiating at the highest level of their profession. The league itself are into inclusion and diversification, why we see more of these women referees.

They are human beings and totally agree with you...like anybody else, they see the gray area.
              Slow mo replays of drives to the basket - the amount of contact guys take blows my mind. I never played basketball with that much contact. They've also got that issue where they actually let a lot of it go and have to decide what to call. If they call everything, fans complain about they too - and rightly so, it ruins the flow of the game.
              ​​​
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I've never used it myself.. but click on your own profile (top right corner of screen on desktop) and go to "user settings->account". At the bottom is the ignore list that you can add to.
                Thank you! Worked perfectly

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post

you're thinking too deeply on this one bud. when they play trash i call um trash, when they ply great i call um great. Pretty simple really
                  The thing is you speak with absolute authority that based on your momentary perception, they're gonna win or lose -- and as such you end up looking like a goof 85% of the time. lol

There'll be moments where they play like trash and then moments where they play great, back & forth and back & forth throughout any and every game, as is true for every team. You said yourself you only started watching in like the third quarter or something, when they happened to be scuffling. It's easy to arrive in a moment when they're scuffling and say "THIS TEAM SUCKS." Watching from tip-off and through the early stages of the game though, I was pretty optimistic that they had it going on the night, and they did.

Basketball is a game of runs.

With that knowledge, it can be perilous to run one's mouth.

Anyway, certainly not to attack you. It's fun to listen to you come in with all the certainty of Moses and then be wrong all the time. You're a harbinger of good things to come. Welcome back! Knock yourself out

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Slow mo replays of drives to the basket - the amount of contact guys take blows my mind. I never played basketball with that much contact. They've also got that issue where they actually let a lot of it go and have to decide what to call. If they call everything, fans complain about they too - and rightly so, it ruins the flow of the game.
                    ​​​
                    Another factor that ruins the flow of the game is the new rule that allows coaches to challenge one call in a given game. That is progressive thinking. However their is a downside to it, especially when a team is on a run and momentum on their side, that break of the game to review a call can definitely stop that momentum favoring the team trying to catch up.

Nice discussion S.R., got to run to grab some chow

Comment

• I've always been in favor of letting incidental contact go for the betterment of the game. I mean the bumping not the grabbing that doesn't affect a shot. Minor momentum killing calls ruin this game.

But the ones that drive me nuts are the calls over something that didn't even happen. It's one thing to call something that was too minor to bother but quite another to call contact, that in replay didn't even happen. Or call the "fouled" player's reaction to something you can't see. But worse is when a trailing ref calls something that they weren't anywhere near in position to see and replay shows didn't even occur. What exactly were you calling if it didn't happen?

Yes all fans hate the refs but I've sat through games with Laker and Clipper fans who laugh at all the biased calls they get.... they know it.

And granted, the NBA has a lot of plays to get right or wrong, scoring chances if you will. But it's a tiny playing surface compared to the NHL or soccer and the actual play is very slow comparatively. NHL D men don't stand at the blue line dribbling for 10 seconds while everyone watches and the game is a magnitude faster.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

The thing is you speak with absolute authority that based on your momentary perception, they're gonna win or lose -- and as such you end up looking like a goof 85% of the time. lol

There'll be moments where they play like trash and then moments where they play great, back & forth and back & forth throughout any and every game, as is true for every team. You said yourself you only started watching in like the third quarter or something, when they happened to be scuffling. It's easy to arrive in a moment when they're scuffling and say "THIS TEAM SUCKS." Watching from tip-off and through the early stages of the game though, I was pretty optimistic that they had it going on the night, and they did.

Basketball is a game of runs.

With that knowledge, it can be perilous to run one's mouth.

Anyway, certainly not to attack you. It's fun to listen to you come in with all the certainty of Moses and then be wrong all the time. You're a harbinger of good things to come. Welcome back! Knock yourself out
                        meh, I don't care man. Honestly. As far as Basketball goes, I have forgotten more than some know, and know way less than a lot of others. None of it means a damn thing at the end of the day. I participate on this forum the same way most guys do when they watch together....you bitch in the moment, you cheer in the moment. It isn't about looing good or bad, or being right or wrong. Thats one of the things I laugh at the most about message boards.... bunch of numbskulls sitting around pretending to know things, myself included. You see it a lot clearer when you step away as I have.

Either way, I don't care much my friend. It's just sports, and I don't need to be pat on the back, nor reminded that I'm a goof....thats the whole fucking point of a sports messageboard, you get to be a goof and a sage all in the same day.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                          Guys how do you put someone on your block list again? I can't seem to find it

Comment

• Fun game, nice to beat a good team. Loved Lowrys game - not many guys with his combination of skill, knowledge and compete. Siakam has looked much better, still need to see more though. Love to see him toast meh defenders in single coverage, and actually played doubles and helpers well in the post, just not quite there yet. When hes finishing tho, hes really good. Feels like we are really improving at the subtlties. Off ball movement is much better than the start of the year, Baynes has a good feel for Lowry and VanVleet, everything is so smooth right now. I havent looked it up, but feels like we get more oboards than we should, largely due to hustle and heart, but we also do a good just of cutters and screeners getting into rebounding position early. The first couple games this muddled up the middle a lot but weve got a nice feel now.

Comment

• Quality win, that.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X