Toronto Raptors @ Memphis February 8th 2021 8 p.m. EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto Raptors @ Memphis February 8th 2021 8 p.m. EST

The Toronto Raptors (10-13) visit the Memphis Grizzlies (9-9) Monday for an 8 p.m. ET tip-off at FedExForum.

TEAM NOTES

• The Toronto Raptors continue a six-game road trip (Feb. 2-11), their longest in the first half, Monday night when they visit the Memphis Grizzlies at FedExForum. The Raptors have won seven in a row over the Grizzlies, including the last two meetings in Memphis. Monday marks Toronto’s first trip to Memphis since a 122-114 victory Nov. 27, 2018. The Raptors play 10-of-15 games on the road in the month of February.

• Kyle Lowry needs 10 rebounds to pass Amir Johnson (2,836) for fourth on the franchise’s career rebounds list and is 13 away from passing Antonio Davis (2,839) for third. Lowry ranks first in Raptors history in assists (4,078) and third in scoring (10,101). Only three active players are inside the top-three all-time for a team in scoring, rebounds and assists, but none of those players are currently with that team; LeBron James (Cleveland), Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City) and Marc Gasol (Memphis).

• Chris Boucher scored a career-high 29 points (10-13 FG, 2-4 3PT, 7-13 FT) and matched a season best with 10 rebounds in a career-high 33 minutes off the bench Feb. 6 at Atlanta. He also tied his career high with seven offensive rebounds against the Hawks. Boucher became just the third reserve in franchise history to record 29 points and 10 rebounds in the same game, joining John Wallace (Nov. 18, 1997 vs. Boston) and Donyell Marshall (Mar. 13, 2005 vs. Philadelphia).

• Toronto had a season-low seven turnovers Saturday at Atlanta. The Raptors rank ninth in the NBA in turnovers per game (14.0) and have committed fewer turnovers than their opponent in 19-of-23 games.

• Fred VanVleet (20.2) and Chris Boucher (13.9) rank second and third, respectively, in scoring this season among undrafted players - behind only Christian Wood (22.0). VanVleet has scored 20+ points 12 times, inlcuding a franchise-record 54 points Feb. 2 at Orlando, while Boucher has led the bench in scoring in a team-high 14 games. The duo combined for 54 points Saturday against the Hawks.

• Yuta Watanabe is averaging 3.3 points, 3.1 rebounds and 12.2 minutes in 17 games with the Raptors this season. He has scored in double figures twice, inlcuding a career-high 12 points Jan. 29 vs Sacramento. Watanabe joined the Raptors after two seasons as a two-way player with Memphis (2018-20).

• Jonas Valanciunas will face his former team for just the second time Monday night. Valanciunas averaged 11.8 points, 8.4 rebounds and 25.1 minutes in 470 games during seven seasons with the Raptors (2012-19). He was picked fifth overall by Toronto in the 2011 NBA Draft and still ranks second on the team’s all-time rebounds list (3,961) and third in blocks (479).

• Chris Boucher and Dillon Brooks were teammates at Oregon for two seasons (2015-17). The Canadian duo helped the Ducks to consecutive Elite Eight appearances in the NCAA Tournament, including a trip to the Final Four in 2017

Raptors at Grizzlies: Key injuries

Raptors
    • SF OG Anunoby (calf) out
    Grizzlies
    • PF Brandon Clarke (calf) out
    • PF Jaren Jackson Jr. (knee) out
    • SG De’Anthony Melton (shoulder) out
    • PF Justise Winslow (hip) out
    Starting Lineup

Raptors

Grizzlies

Lets hope for another run of wins, lets go Raptors!!!

This is the true game thread. It was up before I posted mine. Go Raps.

Comment

This is the one that is canon? Lol
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Comment

Delete the other imposter thread!
          Last edited by G__Deane; Mon Feb 8, 2021, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Jack legit still looks like a homeless guy....suit too big, needs a haircut....rambles like he's been huffing

Comment

Baynes vs JV. Who makes more 3s this game?
              OG is our king

Comment

Is it just me or are the talking heads saying fans were much more fond of JV that I remember when he was here?

Comment

JV is in his 9th year in the NBA. Time really does fly.

Comment

Lmao JV spins at the 3 pt line and drives by Baynes
                    OG is our king

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      Is it just me or are the talking heads saying fans were much more fond of JV that I remember when he was here?
                      I didnt hear what they were saying but JV was a fan favorite of mine. Even when the team struggled he always showed out on those playoff series. That run fro the Pacers series to the first 2 games of the heat series were so much fun to be a JV fan. Although I think serge surpassed him for me as a favorite he still probably a top 7 to 10 favorite raptor
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I didnt hear what they were saying but JV was a fan favorite of mine. Even when the team struggled he always showed out on those playoff series. That run fro the Pacers series to the first 2 games of the heat series were so much fun to be a JV fan. Although I think serge surpassed him for me as a favorite he still probably a top 7 to 10 favorite raptor
                        Oh I loved the guy when he was here but all I remember people doing here was complaining about him
                        * I said he'd be a dbl dbl machine if Casey would stop abusing him

Comment

Davis gets in and immediately fouls
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

We got transition buckets off turnovers to start the game, but that’s not sustainable. Good coaches cut that stuff off quick. Now the half court offense looks stagnant with Lowry on the bench.

Comment

What do you think it would cost to get JV back?

Comment

Working...
                              X