No announcement yet.

Game #28 Toronto Raptors at Milwaukee Bucks Tuesday February 16 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice bounce back win. Defense was better but that felt like the Boston game all over again. Milwaukee was hitting every 3 they took, and the Raptors were still in the game. Boston just kept doing it in the second half and won. This time around the Bucks cooled off.

I like the Baynes/Boucher combo off the bench. Boucher was never a 5 and this really helped both of them. Have the one scrambling for blocks and the other standing closer to the rim. We got to use more of that.

Fred was great.. except we really have to figure out a better line up.. that 3rd quarter with Fred+bench was not good (Bembry was a -17).. offense stalled, and Bucks were back in the game. We were able to hang in there until the starters came back in the 4th though.

Great defense on Middleton who I actually forgot played for them. Giannis was a monster, but if his team isn't shooting 3's or they aren't coming down in transition they don't have it. We took away a lot of their transition opportunities.. and other than the first half where Connaughton looked like Steph they struggled. Portis though had another decent game against us. I know Bucks are struggling but he was a good get for them.

It's too bad that dunk attempt by Pascal didn't go down.. but I'm glad he took that shot like that.. he's got some hops/length.. he should use it more often. Lowry continuing to prove he's Patrick Ewing. Nice to see Matty Ice in the game. But going 0-1 from 3 and being -5 in 6 minutes means we won't see him again until after the all-star game.

It felt like we were missing every other free throw to start the game.. even Fred was missing. We cleaned that up, but I wish we didn't take points off the board.

Comment

• OG’s handle and coordination looked so much better last night. Hopefully he can keep that going.

Very entertaining game! It just makes you wonder how much this team could do with an above average 5. Losing any depth to obtain said centre would be an issue.

Comment

• It's pretty clear that our biggest issue is lack of competent players with size. Even Yuta coming back would make a big difference.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

I love when LJ2 and KHD get into it:

LMAO, nice one Jeff.

To answer KHD's question, what I mean is in two years the Raps might have gone in a completely different direction and and Giannis might not be a part of those plans. We may very well have a player or players that fit our system better than him.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            Also, losing to a team you should definitely beat in Minnesota then showing up for a tough opponent in Milwaukee is such a young team move. That disciplined, vet-heavy roster that got wins so consistently is gone. Going through the young guys (even though several of these reclamation project players are old young guys) development pains with this roster. Haven't seen this for a few years, even the Lowry/DD teams had matured by the end.
            Agreed, they aren't playing like the vet team with expectations of contending for or defending a championship. Almost feels like they are playing loser now, and that can be good against a tough team like Milwaukee, but also bad when you don't give crap about teams like Minny.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              It's pretty clear that our biggest issue is lack of competent players with size. Even Yuta coming back would make a big difference.
              The frontcourt was thin even when it seemed liked Baynes might be a passable starter. Last year they had 6 guys in Gasol/Ibaka, then Siakam/OG/RHJ/Boucher who could all give you quality minutes up front. This year they have OG/Siakam/Boucher.

The only reason Yuta and Johnson are even playing (and I am taking nothing away from how hard they have played and the games they have helped win) is because Nurse has no other options - there are literally no other forwards to even play.

What makes it worse is that of the 9 guards they have only 3 are playing meaningful, impactful minutes. Bembry and Davis are playing spot minutes (and that's a charitable view), Thomas and Watson aren't playing at all, Flynn is in the minors, and McCaw is hurt. That's a lot of bodies to carry at a position when almost none of them are playing, especially given you lack any depth up front.

Comment

• I think the future of the NBA is 6’7” utility players. We should pick up one more in Alize Johnson from the 905. Sign him to some contract before another team does.

Comment

• Game Day!

Comment

• Let’s go nba4life 😉. We’re excited again. Everyone who gave up on the team after losing to Minnesota is all excited again. Can’t just roll over the last thread (I don’t think). To paraphrase our old friend....let’s get two!

Comment

Working...
                    X