Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #32 Philadelphia 76ers vs Toronto Raptors Tuesday February 23, 7:30 p.m. ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HogieTime wrote: View Post

Meh, with how they started the season i never expected them to even have the record they do now. So I'm proud of them. Tanking might seem great and all but so many teams that do tank take for ever to ever be good. I don't expect them to go that far in the playoffs but they should at least make things interesting.
    Fair enough, they showed heart in coming back. But they have a bad habit of starting very slowly and it costs you games; too much energy fighting back and as close as the Raps made it a few times, the Sixers never or just about never trailed in this game

Comment

• Cant go far in the playoffs when you constantly get outrebounded no way and kyles not gonna change that

As rautins said freddie “having one of those games” (again)

Comment

I guess you could just not show any effort and just fold than? Bad first quarter so let's just pack it in boys
        I don't think that's what anyone is saying but it's still a long way from a beautiful loss. It wasn't fight the whole game, keeping it close all the way through and just losing. It was a horrible effort to start, expending a ton of energy just to make it semi-close and losing anyway.

Comment

I guess you could just not show any effort and just fold than? Bad first quarter so let's just pack it in boys
          Sure, but you can't call it an "unbelievable effort" if it was just for like one, maybe two quarters of the game. Lots of teams put out the energy and stage the fake comeback when they get down big. Happens all the time in the NBA.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
            Cant go far in the playoffs when you constantly get outrebounded no way and kyles not gonna change that

As rautins said freddie “having one of those games” (again)
            Yet nobody wants Drummond or Cousins for free or.... anyone it seems. Lots of fans saying they'll be happy to be competitive and bow out in the 2nd round again.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Yet nobody wants Drummond or Cousins for free or.... anyone it seems. Lots of fans saying they'll be happy to be competitive and bow out in the 2nd round again.
              Neither of those guys makes the Raps better. Cousins is playing on one leg and Drummond can’t shoot or defend in space.

There isn’t a quick fix mid season solution for Toronto’s issues.

Comment

• My run has ended, unfortunately

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Neither of those guys makes the Raps better. Cousins is playing on one leg and Drummond can’t shoot or defend in space.

Cousins though is freebie with no need to give up assets but to fill a spot vacated by Len. Third Center who can play a very specific role. He may not necessarily be a quick fix but it’s a start. Drummond is a flat out...NO

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I get they each have drawbacks but one of our problems is being out regularly rebounded badly. We've all debated this on other threads but you can't say Drummond doesn't address that. He's an easy 20 and 10 guy here while who's to say Nurse can't coax a little better D out of him?

Clippers and Mavs are both rumored landing spots for him, I guess we're a better team than they are.

Comment

• nba_4_life wrote: View Post
                      My run has ended, unfortunately
                      Good effort, take a day off and be back tomorrow night

Comment

• Good fight. Little too little, little too late. Hard to overcome that sort of shooting discrepancy. On to the next.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• nba_4_life wrote: View Post
                          My run has ended, unfortunately
                          To .500.. Great run
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• There were 2 or 3 bad calls that could have easy turned this game. Too bad.....

Comment

• Every few games we get burned by corner 3's. Like the sun always rising and setting. And it's always guys like Shake Milton, Payton Prticher, Semi Ojeleye, Kevin Huerter or Ricky Rubio. It's interesting that we almost never get really burned by the Embiids, Tatums, Giannises or Hardens of the world. It's always the freakin' Furkan Korkmazes. From the corner.

Guess that's the risk of game plans heavily focused on neutralizing the stars. Works most of the time for us, but the price is games like these sometimes. These 2 games vs Philly showed they're totally beatable in the playoffs though.

Comment

• I would take cousins for a few mil. He doesn’t have to score he can pass like gasol and he can rebound. Rather him over Drummond

Comment

Working...
                                X