They're Baccckkk !!! Bill and Jalen 2014-15 NBA Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're Baccckkk !!! Bill and Jalen 2014-15 NBA Preview

Tonight, Wednesday, October 15, at 12:01 a.m. ET, Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose return with their annual NBA Preview. Check Grantland.com every day for new episodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fktTSLp6e1A

Technically, wouldn't that be Thursday October 16?!

Simmons has served his suspension I guess?

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
      Technically, wouldn't that be Thursday October 16?!

Simmons has served his suspension I guess?
      Yes and he made fun of the situation while on the suspension ..

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/10/bill-simmons-suspension

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
        Yes and he made fun of the situation while on the suspension ..

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/10/bill-simmons-suspension
        A couple of disaster 2013/14 picks were Suns 29th and Bucks 15th ...

Comment

Comment

Can a moderator edit the title of this thread so I can avoid having an aneurysm.

Other than that, thanks for posting this. I love these previews.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
              Can a moderator edit the title of this thread so I can avoid having an aneurysm.

Other than that, thanks for posting this. I love these previews.
              They're They're, Letter N... everything is gonna be alright!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                They're They're, Letter N... everything is gonna be alright!
                I almost changed it to "Their Back" just to see the reaction.

Comment

Add "having to wait til the top half of the preview to hear about the raptors" as another perk during this offseason. Just for fun, I thought I would go back and look at last year's preview. A few great exchanges
                  Bill:"People in toronto don't care about the raptors. All they care about is the maple leafs....if this raptors team became decent, I don't know if it would really matter in toronto, would it?" Jalen: "it would Bill, they have fantastic fans in toronto." In another part jalen predicts a big year for demar "20 pts a game big?" Bill asks. "18pts" jalens replies.
                  Credit to them for being all over the Rudy Gay trade. The funny part is to see that they predict the trade would be to Milwaukee for some expiring contracts and that Greek kid they took with the 16th pick. Giannis is now their messiah and it's funny to look back and hear them say "learn to play and then we'll try learning your name 'Po" (something like that).

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    Add "having to wait til the top half of the preview to hear about the raptors" as another perk during this offseason. Just for fun, I thought I would go back and look at last year's preview. A few great exchanges
                    Bill:"People in toronto don't care about the raptors. All they care about is the maple leafs....if this raptors team became decent, I don't know if it would really matter in toronto, would it?" Jalen: "it would Bill, they have fantastic fans in toronto." In another part jalen predicts a big year for demar "20 pts a game big?" Bill asks. "18pts" jalens replies.
                    Credit to them for being all over the Rudy Gay trade. The funny part is to see that they predict the trade would be to Milwaukee for some expiring contracts and that Greek kid they took with the 16th pick. Giannis is now their messiah and it's funny to look back and hear them say "learn to play and then we'll try learning your name 'Po" (something like that).

Bill was so wrong, Jalen was so right. I hope they acknowledge that this year.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Bill was so wrong, Jalen was so right. I hope they acknowledge that this year.
                      Jalen can come off really silly sometimes but I'm always surprised by his reads, and offers genuine insight into players that most player-commentators lack. He's been pretty good at evaluating players, too.

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
                        A couple of disaster 2013/14 picks were Suns 29th and Bucks 15th ...
                        Both of those don't seem too bad.

Yes they were both very wrong but look at team expectations.

Phoenix had multiple players have breakout/career years and going into the season everyone pitted them as pure tankers.

Milwaukee went the opposite way and signed a bunch of average players (Delfino, Butler, Mayo, Sessions, Neal, Zaza, Knight, etc) to the point that they were considered deep enough to be good.

Comment

Could almost guarantee Bill and Jalen put Wiz ahead of us.

Comment

Shirokin wrote: View Post
                            Could almost guarantee Bill and Jalen put Wiz ahead of us.
                            Who cares where people rank us 3, 4 or whatever. Let's see how this season plays out and I believe a lot of people will be eating crow
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              Who cares where people rank us 3, 4 or whatever. Let's see how this season plays out and I believe a lot of people will be eating crow
                              A lot of guys on this forum were eating crow last year lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X