X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Power Rankings Preview

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/stor...power-rankings

Interesting Raptors bit:
    "[Jonas] ranked just ninth on the team in frontcourt touches (20.5 per game), according to SportVU's player tracking data."

For immediate success, that's the #1 change I want to see this year - a more prominent offensive role for JV.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

While he did have his issues on Offense, I mostly agree with you. Particularly galling was the "Feed JV three times in the first quarter then look off him for 3 quarters" strategy the team seemed to use. Integrating him into a more balanced attack would have to make for a better offense, I would guess.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
      While he did have his issues on Offense, I mostly agree with you. Particularly galling was the "Feed JV three times in the first quarter then look off him for 3 quarters" strategy the team seemed to use. Integrating him into a more balanced attack would have to make for a better offense, I would guess.
      You weren't aware that ignoring the post and passing around the perimeter is the recipe for success with the long-2 offense???

In all seriousness, especially after seeing JV in stretches during the playoffs and during FIBA, I really hope he becomes at least the #3 option on offense, throughout the game.

Comment

can we just take a moment to appreciate the sight of us being ranked above miami by espy. I realize they are missing a big part but that still looks strange. It's easier to see Cleveland at the top...I'm used to those years. Now the raps just have to make it happen

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
          can we just take a moment to appreciate the sight of us being ranked above miami by espy. I realize they are missing a big part but that still looks strange. It's easier to see Cleveland at the top...I'm used to those years. Now the raps just have to make it happen
          yes they are not looking at last year as a fluke. There has to be a little balance of power from west to east with love and Gasol moving east although it is slight. I like the predictions for the east although I think it will be tooth and nail fight with us and Washington. Who ever is healthiest should prevail. 6th thru 9 are very hard to predict for the west.

Comment

Working...
          X