No announcement yet.

Who will be the 15th man!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bebe to the IR and Bruno can spend time in the D league and be monitored. Bebe on the IR for the season , do the raptors get a dispenation.
    Steemer and JHam are Nba ready and should be kept.

Cherry is toast. You are under the cap I believe.

Comment

Can't keep two without going into the tax. IR makes no difference.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Hamilton is better than Fields

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
          Bebe to the IR and Bruno can spend time in the D league and be monitored. Bebe on the IR for the season , do the raptors get a dispenation.
          Steemer and JHam are Nba ready and should be kept.

Cherry is toast. You are under the cap I believe.
          There is no injured reserve.

The Raptors could apply for a medical exception but that would have to be approved by league doctors and in Bebe's case that isn't going to happen. Injuries to Lopez or Horford last season create those exceptions. But even with the exception, they are still limited to 15 roster spots. Only 12 dress per game, the closest thing to an IR is the final 3 roster spots.

Comment

I'd be happy with either of Hamilton or Steimsma if Fields wasn't on the team.

However Steimsma fills a need especially when or if the Raptors match up with Brooklyn, Chicago, Washington, or Detroit in the playoffs.

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
              Gonna go with Steamer. As well as Hamilton has played, we still need some sort of legitimate backup for JV.
              It pains me to say this but based on what I have seen Chuck Hayes is a more viable option than GS as backup centre.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                Hamilton is better than Fields
                Lol. Fields will have very limited value but could be used for defensive purposes in key situations.

Comment

it should be jordan hamilton, chuck hayes is already good for a backup centre despite his lack of offensive prowess. He provides good defense, rebounding, veteran leadership and underrated passing, which is enough for a backup centre considering that our backup guards are strong offensively

Comment

Hamilton will take away scarce development minutes from Bruno (bad thing). Steamer brings rim protection, something Hayes can't do. So Steamer it is.

Comment

Steamer - Guaranteed

Comment

Cherry should not be ruled out 'cause the team has only two pure PG's. Yes Williams can fill in but I won't be surprised if they retain Cherry. Gaurds/SF's are available aplenty so Hamilton is doubtful although not impossible. Steamer is the most possible candidate to be retained 'cause the need seems to be in his position.
                        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                          Cherry should not be ruled out 'cause the team has only two pure PG's. Yes Williams can fill in but I won't be surprised if they retain Cherry. Gaurds/SF's are available aplenty so Hamilton is doubtful although not impossible. Steamer is the most possible candidate to be retained 'cause the need seems to be in his position.
                          Cherry has just been such total garbage that it's hard to see them wanting to keep him around. The point of a 3rd PG (or 3rd stringers in general) is to be able to step up and fill a rotation spot in case of emergency. Cherry isn't even close to being able to do that at the moment. Steamer and Hamilton both can, though there's a much more obvious need for big depth.

Comment

I'd prefer it to be Steamer.. but I could see Hamilton getting it. He's been having the best preseason of the bunch. In the end we're talking about the 15th man so it doesn't really matter either way.

Comment

it really wouldn't surprise me if hamilton AND steamer (is this his nick name now? awesome) make the team. i talked about it with apollo last night on twitter. he made the good point that guys like psycho t and fields have contracts that can be moved at the deadline and that's certainly true, but i dunno. young guys with good size that can shoot don't grow on trees.

if i had to pick one it'd be steamer since its more of a position of need thing.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                                it really wouldn't surprise me if hamilton AND steamer (is this his nick name now? awesome) make the team. i talked about it with apollo last night on twitter. he made the good point that guys like psycho t and fields have contracts that can be moved at the deadline and that's certainly true, but i dunno. young guys with good size that can shoot don't grow on trees.

if i had to pick one it'd be steamer since its more of a position of need thing.
                                I could see a situation arise where steamer makes it, Hamilton signs in china, trade at deadline with one less contract coming back opening roster spot, China season ends, and Hamilton resigned for rest of year with options on future years.

Actually that makes a lot of sense. Damn.

Comment

Working...
                                X