Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good would this team be right now if 2 major trades were not done ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good would this team be right now if 2 major trades were not done ?

First of all I don't regret those trades cause they got us a championship . But looking at a more mature JV and DeRozan both combining for 59 points 20 rebounds boards and 14 assists last night . FV has become a potential all star and so on . This present roster would have still been competing for years to come . Let me repeat I don't regret those trades ..

guyroch wrote: View Post
    First of all I don't regret those trades cause they got us a championship . But looking at a more mature JV and DeRozan both combining for 59 points 20 rebounds boards and 14 assists last night . FV has become a potential all star and so on . This present roster would have still been competing for years to come . Let me repeat I don't regret those trades ..
    We would still be well behind brooklyn and a little behind philly, about as good as Boston.. and we wounldnt have a championship and still be a meme except instead of lebronto wed be called gianntario or something
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

We would still be well behind brooklyn and a little behind philly, about as good as Boston.. and we wounldnt have a championship and still be a meme except instead of lebronto wed be called gianntario or something
      Brooklyn wouldn't have a center to offset JV . We do have something the best coach behind Nets and Philly

Comment

Brooklyn wouldn't have a center to offset JV . We do have something the best coach behind Nets and Philly
        Brooklyn would space it out and send kyrie and harden in on screens and chase JV off the floor
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

if you think the team would look like the current one with demar, JV, and jak in the place of three scrubs, we'd never be able to afford everybody. you'd be choosing between paying siakam or demar, fred or JV, etc.

Comment

Our defence would not help us out

Comment

They'd still be winning 55 games and losing in the 2nd or 3rd round depending on match ups. It would be a deep team with Siakam/Fred/OG coming up but they'd also have run out of rotation minutes for all those guys by this point and would need a trade anyway. And the team still wouldn't have a top 10 guy through all that.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

It would have been interesting, but JV would not have been a long term option anyway since Masai was clearly trying to keep his books clean for 2021.. and JV signed a longer term extension with the Grizzlies.

DeMar would have hurt Pascal's development.. definitely Fred's since he would be starting next to Kyle.

Comment

Too many what if parts to this. If you were just add them to the current team let's say next year as free agents, the team would be competing at the top of the east. (I know jv has year left)

Comment

I don't know. First off, hard to say what sort of developmental opportunities guys like FVV would have over the past two seasons with DD still here.

Second, yes, we'd be better, but I don't think we'd be finals contenders, just a deeper regular season team like the Casey teams were. DeRozan as a key member always put a hard ceiling on playoff success. We'd be grinding out more wins now (assuming those other guys were healthy and not just added to the list of guys missing time), but we'd likely be just as capped, if not more so, in the playoffs. While this team, if we get healthy (and add a real C), has a puncher's chance to do real damage in the playoffs, even if the Finals are likely a bit of a stretch.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                    X