No announcement yet.

Game #36 Atlanta @ Toronto (Tampa) - Thursday March 11, 7:30PM EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont think lowry will resign with the raps unless we overpay, and even then I think he's ready to move back to the u.s.

Comment

• Re-watching the final sequence of this game.....like, what the hell were the Raptors doing? they defended Trae Young like the game was tied and they defended him like he's Steph Curry. They gave him way too much respect. A 2 point shot is not going to beat you. Let him shoot a mid range or a floater or whatever inside the arc. Raptors execution on both ends of the floor the last 5 mins of this game was brutal.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
        I dont think lowry will resign with the raps unless we overpay, and even then I think he's ready to move back to the u.s.
        This might be another Gasol situation.
        Better trade him now or lose him for nothing.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Yeah Lowry will behave like every other free agent since sliced bread: He will take the best combination of cash and winning situation. He's the best free agent in 2021 (that drives the price up), and the Raps are certainly not in a winning situation in the current stage of the team's cycle. That's the tea leaves.

It may not be at this very trade deadline and like others put it, a SnT could maybe work out, but the big picture is this: He's got 2-3 years of elite ball left that could help a contender win
          Could be since he's still playing at a decent level but I don't think that's a given whatsoever for 2-3 more years. If it was I'd say sign him but I think it's more in evidence that he's already started to decline and be more injury prone. He's certainly not worth what he's rumored to be asking for

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Could be since he's still playing at a decent level but I don't think that's a given whatsoever for 2-3 more years. If it was I'd say sign him but I think it's more in evidence that he's already started to decline and be more injury prone. He's certainly not worth what he's rumored to be asking for
            It's never a given. That said, he's still the engine of the team and the guy with the most energy on the floor. As far as injuries, I remember him breaking down way more in the playoffs in the Casey/Derozan years (his back and wrist mostly), than in the past few years. When he got his last extension many thought the last year on the deal was going to be an albatross, then he proceeded to win a championship as the starting the point guard. It's hard to say with Lowry. Agreed that the value for his next deal gotta be much lower though. I think he knows that too and and knows his next deal will come in lower. As good as he is, father time will always be undefeated.

Comment

Working...
            X