X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuity ranking

Very interesting chart based on Schuhmann's continuity study:

Basically, it should be read the following way:

97% of Spurs minutes last year were played by players still on the roster this season. Then it digs deeper: 77.7% of 2012/13 and 63.2% of 2011/12 minutes were played by 2014/15 Spurs.

Quick notes:

# Philly's rebuilding is impressive when looked this way! One of 3 teams that don't count any player left from their 11/12 roster.
    # Raps rank really well considering all the minutes given to Gay at the beggining of last season. This is not a surprise since continuity IS the plan, but I'd love to see what this would look like post Gay trade: I think they'd be up there with OKC/Blazers.
    # Miami is surprinsingly stable: 50% of minutes are gone, but they were Lebron, Jones and Allen's. The frame of the team is still there.
    # This is a good way to actually see who is in "win now" mode and who is still taking some gambles

Neat find. Thanks for sharing.

I like the way it's based on % of MP rather than just roster spots. Eliminates a lot of the end of the bench turnover that has minimal impact.

The Raps have locked up their core fairly well, so this should continue to be our trend.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Great graphic. Makes it easy to compare Raps to other teams. Thanks Fanchie.

Comment

If you look at playoff minutes, the Raps kept 94% of them - rank very highly.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Great find Fanchie
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            If you look at playoff minutes, the Raps kept 94% of them - rank very highly.
            Salmons.......shudder......
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Salmons.......shudder......
              Him and Rudy Gay are pretty much the only reasons we are not right near 100%. Glad to be away from 100%, given that.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
              X