planetmars wrote: View Post
    3-way trade Denver/Toronto/Orlando:
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yftaosrf

Denver: Lowry, Clark
    Orlando: Harris, Barton, FRP Toronto
    Toronto: Vucevic

Denver starting unit: Murray, Lowry, MP Jr, Millsap, Jokic
    Toronto starting unit: FVV, Norm, OG, Pascal, Vucevic
    Orlando starting unit: Carter Williams, Harris, Barton, Gordon, Bamba/Birch/Aminu

Can try to get a FRP from Denver, but with Kyle being a UFA and probably non-commital, they may not want to do that. Harris sort of sucks, but Barton is good, and can get a FRP for Vuc that could end up being in the 12-17 range this year.
    Don't like it. We're not necessarily better now, and not better long term. Vuc can get played off the floor just like JV does.

First off, before we agree on trading Lowry, we have to decide what direction we want to go. I don't think rotating him for a disgruntled quasi-star on the wrong side of his prime is the answer. We're not pushing for an all in move, yet. We need to get back to 50-55 wins before we hunt for the superstar piece.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Don't like it. We're not necessarily better now, and not better long term. Vuc can get played off the floor just like JV does.

First off, before we agree on trading Lowry, we have to decide what direction we want to go. I don't think rotating him for a disgruntled quasi-star on the wrong side of his prime is the answer. We're not pushing for an all in move, yet. We need to get back to 50-55 wins before we hunt for the superstar piece.
      I understand what you're saying. Vucevic is already 30 and not a great defender.. but the missing core piece (outside a superstar) for us is a center. And I'm not sure how we get one. Drafting centers are tough because they take a long time to develop.

If we're trading Lowry I'd like to get a center back. I don't trust Boucher and/or small ball for long stretches.

Comment

I understand what you're saying. Vucevic is already 30 and not a great defender.. but the missing core piece (outside a superstar) for us is a center. And I'm not sure how we get one. Drafting centers are tough because they take a long time to develop.

If we're trading Lowry I'd like to get a center back. I don't trust Boucher and/or small ball for long stretches.
        Boucher is a more of a PF/SF. That's pretty clear now. He should not be playing center. He's the perfect backup to Pascal & OG.

Comment

Band almost back together.

Comment

Band almost back together.
            Yo put McCaw back in protocol
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yo put McCaw back in protocol
              Well, after watching the last 5 games. McCaw > Davis, Thomas, Watson, Yuta, Bembry.

I'm serious too.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

Well, after watching the last 5 games. McCaw > Davis, Thomas, Watson, Yuta, Bembry.

I'm serious too.
                You might be right. But when you put Davis in with guys who can actually play, he plays a lot better. Still a major disappointment this year though. I also think I'd rather see Yuta play than McCaw. He brings some energy. McCaw is literally invisible.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

I'm serious too.
                  Serious, sure. Right, not so much.

McCaw can't even succeed in the cushy low usage bench roles those players have been fine in. Them falling apart with bigger roles doesn't change that.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                  X