The Great Kyle Lowry Trade Sweepstakes - Where Does Kyle Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
    I say we trade Kyle or Norm for Serge......the clippers need to make a change anyhow......oh crap he only makes 10 million, that works for norm then doesn't it?
    But why? We have backup centres aplenty, it's a bonafide starting C we need. Serge is good, as ever, but not great. And not really a long term solution anyway. I'd be betting on Norm's long term ability to contribute over Serge's (frankly, Lowry's too).
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Except that Serge is far better than any center we can likely actually get, and he's signed for this year and next. Plus he knows the team defense and offense already. Yes norm would help is in scoring, and yes Lowry helps us more too, but Lowry is going to leave for sure, and Powell might for a payday too, so at least we would get something......and help a glaring issue in our lineup.

Comment

Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
        Except that Serge is far better than any center we can likely actually get, and he's signed for this year and next. Plus he knows the team defense and offense already. Yes norm would help is in scoring, and yes Lowry helps us more too, but Lowry is going to leave for sure, and Powell might for a payday too, so at least we would get something......and help a glaring issue in our lineup.
        Lowry is going to leave for sure, huh?

I don't have an issue with suggesting we trade Lowry or Powell. Trading for Serge Ibaka? No thanks.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Always funny when people talk in facts as if we know anything. Its all speculation.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
            Always funny when people talk in facts as if we know anything. Its all speculation.
            Isn't that half the fun though?

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
              I doubt GSW would trade dray for kyle straight up, let alone add wiseman. The wiggins + pick deal though is more likely.
              Has Wiggins really straightened out his head? Would playing in Canada be better or worse for him? Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Lowry is going to leave for sure, huh?

I don't have an issue with suggesting we trade Lowry or Powell. Trading for Serge Ibaka? No thanks.
                Dan am I wrong in thinking that IF Lowry wants to walk in free agency - it is highly likely to be in a sign and trade for similar returns anyways? I dont totally get the fear of him walking for nothing. Can it happen? Sure, but if you accept that 1) Lowry has a big voice in trade talks and 2) the rumored teams hed consider it doesnt look likely he walks - especially for nothing. Clippers and 76ers will still be at the cap and everyone agrees Lowry wants more than the MLE.

In this industry franchises, fans, media rarely treat players like people, you just have to think a guy like Lowry takes the respect and trust from management seriously if the rumors are true and they are giving him the choice. Its a bummer this is starting to look like a lost season but I think our talent level or potential is getting confused with our record and we’re getting desperate.

Comment

Going to be an interesting few days. People do forget that Lowry has value (untraded) even as an expiring contract given that we'd still be coming under the cap.

Comment

That said, I'd be tempted even by a couple lower first rounders from Philly if that's where Kyle really wanted to go.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      Going to be an interesting few days. People do forget that Lowry has value (untraded) even as an expiring contract given that we'd still be coming under the cap.
                      If we lose Norm and Kyle to free agency and waive everyone but Boucher, Davis, Thomas, Harris, Watson and Bembry.. we'll have about $22M in cap space.

Not a lot and we'd have a lot of players that we'd have to replace. Plus we don't have a good track record in free agency.

My preference would be to trade Norm with filler (including Boucher if needed) for a center (ideally someone as good as Turner or Vucevic). Then try and retain Lowry for at least 2 more years. Or if not, see if a sign and trade is out there to get some depth piece back and/or a starting caliber SG to replace both Norm and Kyle.

I don't think we should have cap space.. I don't trust our management with it to be honest.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

If we lose Norm and Kyle to free agency and waive everyone but Boucher, Davis, Thomas, Harris, Watson and Bembry.. we'll have about $22M in cap space.

Not a lot and we'd have a lot of players that we'd have to replace. Plus we don't have a good track record in free agency.

My preference would be to trade Norm with filler (including Boucher if needed) for a center (ideally someone as good as Turner or Vucevic). Then try and retain Lowry for at least 2 more years. Or if not, see if a sign and trade is out there to get some depth piece back and/or a starting caliber SG to replace both Norm and Kyle.

I don't think we should have cap space.. I don't trust our management with it to be honest.
                        I think the more pressing piece is to get a scoring wing for next season so we can get FVV's usage down and take the pressure off Pascal to carry the scoring load. Despite the Baynes Len experience being a complete letdown, finding a decent defensive big should be the easier task this day and age.

Now some would say we already have a scoring wing in Norm, so I guess if you're sold on him then you look for that C.

Masai and Bobby don't seem like they are pushing to do anything too urgently so I wouldn't be surprised if there are no moves before the deadline.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

I think the more pressing piece is to get a scoring wing for next season so we can get FVV's usage down and take the pressure off Pascal to carry the scoring load. Despite the Baynes Len experience being a complete letdown, finding a decent defensive big should be the easier task this day and age.

Now some would say we already have a scoring wing in Norm, so I guess if you're sold on him then you look for that C.

Masai and Bobby don't seem like they are pushing to do anything too urgently so I wouldn't be surprised if there are no moves before the deadline.
                          This season has thought me how valuable it is to have a semi-decent center. And I'm not ready to go into free agency looking around for another one.. I just don't trust our front office with free agency. Too many blunders for my liking.

But yeah scoring wings are awesome.. just think a center is way more important right now.

Comment

Feels like this could go either way. Obviously the challenge is they aren't going to broadcast after what deals were/were not on the table.

In my view the worst case scenario is Lowry leaves for nothing in the offseason after helping us win some more regular season games and we still finish 9th or out the playoffs. If we can keep him at a reasonable price and make some moves that help long term I am good with that. If we trade him for some prospects/picks and get a bit worse this regular season and get a better pick I'm also happy with that. I don't want our pick to get worse than it is now AND lose Lowry for nothing in the summer.

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                              Feels like this could go either way. Obviously the challenge is they aren't going to broadcast after what deals were/were not on the table.

In my view the worst case scenario is Lowry leaves for nothing in the offseason after helping us win some more regular season games and we still finish 9th or out the playoffs. If we can keep him at a reasonable price and make some moves that help long term I am good with that. If we trade him for some prospects/picks and get a bit worse this regular season and get a better pick I'm also happy with that. I don't want our pick to get worse than it is now AND lose Lowry for nothing in the summer.
                              How about lose Lowry AND Norm for nothing and our pick gets worse? This is a potentially franchise altering week. We can take control of our destiny by trading both and fully embracing the tank.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Dan am I wrong in thinking that IF Lowry wants to walk in free agency - it is highly likely to be in a sign and trade for similar returns anyways? I dont totally get the fear of him walking for nothing. Can it happen? Sure, but if you accept that 1) Lowry has a big voice in trade talks and 2) the rumored teams hed consider it doesnt look likely he walks - especially for nothing. Clippers and 76ers will still be at the cap and everyone agrees Lowry wants more than the MLE.

In this industry franchises, fans, media rarely treat players like people, you just have to think a guy like Lowry takes the respect and trust from management seriously if the rumors are true and they are giving him the choice. Its a bummer this is starting to look like a lost season but I think our talent level or potential is getting confused with our record and we’re getting desperate.
                                Where have you read they are giving Kyle the choice? How connected are these rumours?

Comment

Working...
                                X