The Great Kyle Lowry Trade Sweepstakes - Where Does Kyle Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

Right, and they'd likely have to lose a couple other re-sign options and cut all their big non-guarantees to make a real offer (likely can only keep one of Nunn and Robinson, lose Dragic and Iggy). Keeping Dipo lets them keep all the other guys if they so choose. Lowry would be just Lowry (which is likely still the better option but I could see them talking themselves out of it) - unless they also engage in SnT talks. In which case we really are back where we started with both leverage and a bidding war, though obviously Lowry has a bit of a say (though if neither team is pursuing offering him a contract with cap room, not THAT much so long as he's willing to go either place).
    Clippers and Lakers might be in play for a S&T as well then though they don't have as many desirable assets.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      I'll be pretty surprised if the Heat let all those guys walk to sign Lowry, but that may partly depend on how this season ends. They were a middling seed last year and made a run to the Finals. If they finish out well enough, they talk themselves into running it back. If they get blown out early, they more likely look to shake things up.
      I'd be surprised as well, but their young guys which they were so high on and untouchable in trade talk are getting exposed this season. All but Bam that is.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        I'll be pretty surprised if the Heat let all those guys walk to sign Lowry, but that may partly depend on how this season ends. They were a middling seed last year and made a run to the Finals. If they finish out well enough, they talk themselves into running it back. If they get blown out early, they more likely look to shake things up.
        The Heat are all in on Jimmy and Adebyo and to varying degrees Herro and Robinson.
        I will say it again.
        Pat Reilly is a stone cold killer. He let Dwayne Wade walk.
        His pulse rate won't increase or decrease if he makes up his mind that Lowry gives him a better chance to win than Nunn and Igudoula and Dragic and Olidipo. He will do his best to keep Nunn I believe but the others are collateral damage.

Jimmy Buckets will be 32 years old when the 2021-22 season tips off.
        The window doesn't stay open forever

For the record I think Kyle wont yield as much (if he is indeed moved in the summer in a sign and trade) as we believe he should get.

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Apr 29, 2021, 12:25 PM.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• We might get a small asset, but don’t expect a haul for a sign and trade. It won’t be anything like Maxey, Thyibel and a first. Unless we have to take back a large undesirable contract

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
            We might get a small asset, but don’t expect a haul for a sign and trade. It won’t be anything like Maxey, Thyibel and a first. Unless we have to take back a large undesirable contract
            That is the case for sign and trades that aren't needed. If we sign and trade with the Heat, since they can technically sign Lowry with cap room, I agree.

With Philly? They have no other way to get Lowry. Expect a significant return if he heads there.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

That is the case for sign and trades that aren't needed. If we sign and trade with the Heat, since they can technically sign Lowry with cap room, I agree.

With Philly? They have no other way to get Lowry. Expect a significant return if he heads there.
              We are going to disagree here... .. but am willingly pulling to be 100% dead ass wrong.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

We are going to disagree here... .. but am willingly pulling to be 100% dead ass wrong.
                Like, we HAVE to take some salary back in the trade. If we're not getting anything of significance in return, and he's leaving regardless, they probably just shift to letting him walk and using their cap room. Philly can enjoy dealing with trying to beat whatever team he ends up with.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Return in part depends on how Philly and Miami perform in the playoffs. If Philly underwhelms and it looks like Ben Simmons can’t play the point on a championship team then the price tag for Lowry goes up.

Comment

Right, and they'd likely have to lose a couple other re-sign options and cut all their big non-guarantees to make a real offer (likely can only keep one of Nunn and Robinson, lose Dragic and Iggy). Keeping Dipo lets them keep all the other guys if they so choose. Lowry would be just Lowry (which is likely still the better option but I could see them talking themselves out of it) - unless they also engage in SnT talks. In which case we really are back where we started with both leverage and a bidding war, though obviously Lowry has a bit of a say (though if neither team is pursuing offering him a contract with cap room, not THAT much so long as he's willing to go either place).
                    It's a better trade situation with the Heat now also because they will be able to trade a 1st round pick, which they could not this season. If they're serious about making a run they could throw in their 2022 1st in the trade for Lowry instead of including Herro.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

It's a better trade situation with the Heat now also because they will be able to trade a 1st round pick, which they could not this season. If they're serious about making a run they could throw in their 2022 1st in the trade for Lowry instead of including Herro.
                      No, they can't. They've already traded their 2023.

Now, they can trade A pick, but they always could, it was just going to be more than a half decade from now.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

No, they can't. They've already traded their 2023.

Now, they can trade A pick, but they always could, it was just going to be more than a half decade from now.
                        Ahh, right, I was thinking after this draft they could trade one, but I guess not. So in reality it's still Herro or not worth participating in a S&T.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Ahh, right, I was thinking after this draft they could trade one, but I guess not. So in reality it's still Herro or not worth participating in a S&T.
                          Speaking of Herro....

#Heat_Culture

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Speaking of Herro....

#Heat_Culture
                            Got a feeling Herro is the next Brandon Jennings and not the next D Wade.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Speaking of Herro....

#Heat_Culture
                              To think the Heat wanted to keep Herro over trading for James fckin Harden... insanity

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post

To think the Heat wanted to keep Herro over trading for James fckin Harden... insanity
                                you mean..Kyle fckin Lowry

Comment

Working...
                                X