Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R.
    replied
    I'm not holding my breath, I don't think any of the trade ideas that are a clear win for the Raptors feature a trade partner desperate enough to make that deal from their end. E.g. Herro, MPJ, etc. Those teams want those guys. They'd have to be pretty certain a Lowry rental gives them a real crack at a chip and I just don't see it.

Question could come down to how little are they willing to take back for Lowry. And if it's far less than MPJ + a first, do they still make the deal? I'd lean towards getting anything for him vs losing him for nothing at all. They had a good case for riding out the year last year even though they were short of contender status, this year's team is not on that level.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post

how many first round picks are we including in these warriors deals? i think two might get the conversation started on the warriors end.
    Wiggins and Minny's first is a dream package (mainly so for that Minny pick). But could do a pick swap, where they get back Toronto's pick and we get that one.. or we get GSW's own pick instead which should be in that 15-20 range.

The Draymond trade for Wiseman is probably a reach too, considering he's their top prospect they got from sucking really bad last year. So again wishful thinking... But, Green and Wiggins contracts can become nooses pretty quickly considering what Klay is making too. Paschall may be looking for an extension next season. Not sure what they want to do with someone like Chriss who'll be a free agent.

Steph does not look happy right now.. not that he will leave but you have to make your stars happy.. and they've been bad/mediocre for 2 years straight now.

Taking advantage of a team's crappy payroll situation is exactly what Masai should be thinking of doing. That's how you win trades.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    My gut thinks he's staying through the deadline. But I think we get a sign and trade done in the off season. From what I'm reading, feels like the deadline will be pretty quiet this year compared to others.

I always thought Golden State was a dark horse team. They saw Kyle up front in the '19 Finals. That team is currently 1 game back of 8th, with two games out of hand to Dallas. They are also a luxury team moving forward, and we have a lot of expiring contracts.

Kyle for Wiggins and their Minny pick. Or Kyle for Draymond and Wiseman. Something like that. Minny unloads a long term contract and a pick or prospect for our all-star.

Golden State loves making out of nowhere splashes.. and them getting Kyle would be a pretty big splash.
    how many first round picks are we including in these warriors deals? i think two might get the conversation started on the warriors end.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    My gut thinks he's staying through the deadline. But I think we get a sign and trade done in the off season. From what I'm reading, feels like the deadline will be pretty quiet this year compared to others.

I always thought Golden State was a dark horse team. They saw Kyle up front in the '19 Finals. That team is currently 1 game back of 8th, with two games out of hand to Dallas. They are also a luxury team moving forward, and we have a lot of expiring contracts.

Kyle for Wiggins and their Minny pick. Or Kyle for Draymond and Wiseman. Something like that. Minny unloads a long term contract and a pick or prospect for our all-star.

Golden State loves making out of nowhere splashes.. and them getting Kyle would be a pretty big splash.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    I like Denver as a landing spot.
    If Jamal and the Joker thought Mike Malone was intense wait till they get them a taste of some vintage Kyle with a ring on the line.

Kyle makes that team a really tough out come playoff time.
    Ya but are they willing to give up MPJ for him? Of all the team id want to actually watch him play on and cheer for it would be the nuggets but they seem to think MPJ is untouchable. Wouldnt even include him in Harden talks in the rumors are true

Leave a comment:

• nba_4_life
    replied
    Heat or Pelicans

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    Heat does some like a good fit. Him and Butler are of the same mold theyd play off each other well. That said I doubt we trade him to an eastern team

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    I like Denver as a landing spot.
    If Jamal and the Joker thought Mike Malone was intense wait till they get them a taste of some vintage Kyle with a ring on the line.

Kyle makes that team a really tough out come playoff time.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    I think other. Out of those teams, Philly is the most likely, even then I don't think they have the assets to make a good trade for Kyle. Masai won't trade him out of desperation just because there is a chance he might leave in free agency.

The Heat do have good assets to make a trade and Kyle would improve their team.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    Heat

Leave a comment:

• Dvdvideo
    replied
    I went with other too, I think the deal has to be pretty good or he goes knowhere.....

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Voted other. Seems like the most likely situation for both teams would be Miami.

Philly doesnt have good enough young guys to make sense for us unless there trading simmions. The wouldnt trade Ben for Harden so doubt they do it for Kyle. Maxey isnt worth it and we have a better version of thybull in OG.

Denver also would give up MPJ for Harden so dont think they would for kyle and he is the guy id want.

Lac has fuck all to trade.

Miami has the young guys, the salary filler. The championship apsirations and kyle Homie. He either goes to south beach or stays in Toronto

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    I don't see it happening. I'm leaning towards them moving him just so we can get a head start on the next generation.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Just do it Masai.
    Find better value than we all thought possible.
    Then sign your new contract here.

Leave a comment:

• The Great Kyle Lowry Trade Sweepstakes - Where Does Kyle Land

Nowhere - Kyle stays in the Six
    48.00%
    Philly - Kyle goes home
    16.00%
    Denver - Kyle gets a shot at another ring out west
    16.00%
    Los Angeles Clippers - Kyle and Serge re unite to help Leonard win it again
    0%
    Other - Who the hell saw that coming ?
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

So with 9 days to go to the trade deadline where does Kyle land ?

Make your picks.

If its "other" feel free to post which team.
Working...
X