No announcement yet.

Game #39 Raps at Pistons Wednesday March 17th 7pm on TSN4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea this loss was the nail in the coffin for me. If you need OG to beat Detroit you have much bigger problems.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

So every 16th and 18th pick will crack an NBA rotation in their rookie year? Is that normal? I don’t think so.

Josh Jackson also is a castoff and he’s getting regular minutes and finally developing.
      on a worst team in the league.

If the goal is to get a good draft pick then yeah i'm with you play Stanley and Ellenson a lot of minutes
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

So every 16th and 18th pick will crack an NBA rotation in their rookie year? Is that normal? I don’t think so.

Josh Jackson also is a castoff and he’s getting regular minutes and finally developing.
        Yeah, no, you're right. It's impressive. I was referring to your examples of Stanley and Ellenson, specifically, which I don't think is indicative of too much. But yeah, Casey did a terrific job developing talent here and seems to be having a good go in that regard in Detroit this year. I can tip my hat to him there, and I still got much love for Coach Case. (Detroit also has Killian Hayes though, who's not been good when healthy, despite higher expectations. And Saben Lee didn't do much tonight... )

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

on a worst team in the league.

If the goal is to get a good draft pick then yeah i'm with you play Stanley and Ellenson a lot of minutes
          Define worst? Is it: to have the worst record in the league or to be stuck in the middle with you? I know what Masai said about that.

Comment

Stanley 8th, Ellenson 18th. We also have all-stars on our roster and they don’t. What’s your point?
            Both of them are bust. It happens. What i'm saying is, high draft picks like Stewart and Bey have much better chance of succeeding than undrafted players. There's a reason they went in the 1st round and there's a reason why guys like Davis and Yuta and Thomas and Watson went undrafted. Bey at one point last year was projected to go in the top 10.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Define worst? Is it: to have the worst record in the league or to be stuck in the middle with you? I know what Masai said about that.
              yeah they have worst record? wins don't matter to them. What a bizarre statement man.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

yeah they have worst record? wins don't matter to them. What a bizarre statement man.
                The point being is that we should be blowing teams like that out of the water... easily. Or, we should be tanking and developing players. We’re squarely in no man’s land, without a clear direction how to get out.

Comment

Omg..I just saw the score, didn't watch the game, at work...well now..loose 2 Pistons, yikes..enough said..
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Just an ugly win, they were walking in mud all game...

As poorly constructed this team is after the Giannis/ and Gobert pipe dream....I still think that they either get in to the playoffs outright or winning a play in.

However, they will most likely be first round road kill.

What I fear the most is that, most especially with Lowry gone...the core will be perennial playoff fodder for a long long time.

Unless there is that generational talent out there waiting to be called when the Raptors are in the clock for their pick.

Asset management in a trade is the best way to go especially when the core are appreciating in value but are close to their ceilings=Ripe age.

Why Adding mediocre pieces to existing mediocre pieces is just poor asset management

Depth is overrated when you don’t have a 1A player

Comment

I just got off the phone with Masai. The Grand plan is to bring back Kawhi and Ibaka this summer. Giannis was just a distraction. Masai had an agreement with Kawhi and ibaka long ago that they would sign here this summer. This is why Masai has been standing pat. What a relief!

Comment

Anybody still down to make no trades? You are your record. This team is right in the middle of the east, and yes, they are in the middle even when finally healthy. Folks, welcome. To. The. (dun dun dunnnnn)

Treadmill!!!

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

HogieTime wrote: View Post
                          I just got off the phone with Masai. The Grand plan is to bring back Kawhi and Ibaka this summer. Giannis was just a distraction. Masai had an agreement with Kawhi and ibaka long ago that they would sign here this summer. This is why Masai has been standing pat. What a relief!
                          Blame it to that idiot cop for pre-empting Masai’s celebration

So we have to give him the benefit of the doubt, he is still in that euphoria phase, for him the clock stopped and we are still in 2019.

lol

Comment

My trade proposal still stands...

option 1: FVV/ Powell and Raps 2021 FRP for Beal and Wiz 2021 FRP

or

option 2: Siakam and Lowry for Simmons/ Green and Seth Curry

these have not change...

option 1 core:
                            Beal
                            OG
                            Siakam
                            2021 (Was) FRP

option 2 core:
                            Simmons
                            Van Vleet
                            OG

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Anybody still down to make no trades? You are your record. This team is right in the middle of the east, and yes, they are in the middle even when finally healthy. Folks, welcome. To. The. (dun dun dunnnnn)

Treadmill!!!
                              The dreaded half season treadmill.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Treadmill!!!
                                Gotta stay there for 2-3 years before you are running in place.

I do agree that something has to give. They are so thin up front that even having OG out is basically catastrophic. That can’t go on. Not to mention that the guard play outside of the three mainstays has been awful.

Regardless, focus now has to be on the core they locked up and how you make that group better next season. This year is, well, what does Jack always sing? Turn out the lights, the party’s over....

Comment

Working...
                                X