No announcement yet.

GAME #41 Toronto Raptors vs Cleveland Cavaliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin O'Connor put out a "league sources" article yesterday that has Miami pushing for Lowry and the Raptors requesting one of Robinson or Herro in a potential package: https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/3...l-john-collins
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Kevin O'Connor put out a "league sources" article yesterday that has Miami pushing for Lowry and the Raptors requesting one of Robinson or Herro in a potential package: https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/3...l-john-collins
      Bobby Webster is a lurker on RR, confirmed.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Bobby Webster is a lurker on RR, confirmed.
        Maybe a poster..with intricate cap knowledge.

either danh or dr hannibal lecter.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Maybe a poster..with intricate cap knowledge.

either danh or dr hannibal lecter.
          Hannibal can't spell or use grammar properly...so I'm pretty sure he's bad with numbers too. DanH criminally undervalues Ibaka, and would have definitely made a token offer to washed Gasol.... if only just to piss off Serge.

I think we have a winner here.

Last edited by golden; Mon Mar 22, 2021, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
            I think we need to trade Kyle for the hero Miami package, and Norm for a center....
            I'd trade Kyle, keep Norm and try to sign a centre.
            Time to show we can bring a decent guy in on a fair contract and not have to fall back into losing assets all the time. Losing Kyle AND norm, who's going to score on this team?

Comment

• Duncan Robinson honestly doesn't excite me. It's gotta be Herro, who barely excites me, plus achiuwa. Plus a pick.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                Duncan Robinson honestly doesn't excite me. It's gotta be Herro, who barely excites me, plus achiuwa. Plus a pick.
                Also if we get Robinson or Nunn then we have to pay them as they are both RFA's. So it's trading for the right to pay them their next contract. It's a pass for me too.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Honestly, next season doesn't matter either. The franchise has built up so much goodwill that I don't mind us roaming in the wilderness for a bunch of years, even if that means blowing up the current roster and starting over, completely. There is nothing really exciting about the FVV/Siakam/OG core that screams.... we gotta keep these guys together. Other teams are on the rise and FVV/Siakam are already entering their peak years.
                  Don't entirely agree with this Golden. The franchise values bandwagoners and casuals as much as hard cores as long as they buy tickets and merch. The bandwagoners have already jumped ship and broken an ankle faster than you can say lebron and the casuals are dropping like flies. Another 1/2 year like this and they will be down to hard core fans which might be fine for you and me and RR, but the suits won't like it one bit.

With the Leafs and Jays squarely on the upswing, Raps could be back to 3rd string in a heartbeat imo.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Don't entirely agree with this Golden. The franchise values bandwagoners and casuals as much as hard cores as long as they buy tickets and merch. The bandwagoners have already jumped ship and broken an ankle faster than you can say lebron and the casuals are dropping like flies. Another 1/2 year like this and they will be down to hard core fans which might be fine for you and me and RR, but the suits won't like it one bit.

With the Leafs and Jays squarely on the upswing, Raps could be back to 3rd string in a heartbeat imo.
                    Well that's just what they will have to accept. Being a mediocre playoff team doesn't excite bandwagoners also.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Every single team in sports has bandwagon fans that show up halfway through a deep playoff run. Raptors have nothing to worry about, they have built a loyal fanbase that will stick around and pass it down to their kids, much like the Jays did in the 90s
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Also if we get Robinson or Nunn then we have to pay them as they are both RFA's. So it's trading for the right to pay them their next contract. It's a pass for me too.
                        Well that's the thing though, the Raptors are in a position where it's better to keep assets because you have a lot of room between the cap and the tax. Trades and re-signings can keep you in that territory. If guys continue to walk outright you're pretty soon trying to replace Gasol/Ibaka/Lowry/Powell/? with $20m cap space or whatever. They'll definitely take another step back if they keep losing guys for nothing. They'll use all their cap space to try to replace the talent that's walked and they won't be able to.

A starter (Robinson), a prospect, and a pick is good return for a Lowry rental and quite a bit better than continuing to lose guys for nothing.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Well that's just what they will have to accept. Being a mediocre playoff team doesn't excite bandwagoners also.
                          For bandwagoners, you don't always even need to win games, either. All you need to do is draft an exciting young player who looks like he could be the next big thing. (See: Carter, Vince)

Comment

• The Toronto Raptors fined star forward Pascal Siakam $50,000 after directing several heated choice words toward head coach Nick Nurse after Sunday's loss in Cleveland, sources tell
                            getting better and better by the day....

blow this team up and start afresh

Comment

• Comment

• pascal to nick "YOU'RE NOT EVEN A DOCTOR!"

Comment

Working...
                                X