Trade Market is God Awful - One Piece Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    Whoa, if we get Carroll along with Horford, I am definitely OK with moving Ross in that deal. Carroll is seriously undervalued.
    Agreed. Here's the deal I had in mind:

To ATL:
    Amir
    T-Ross
    Hansborough

To TOR:
    Horford
    Carroll
    2nd Round Pick (Maybe???)
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
      Agreed. Here's the deal I had in mind:

To ATL:
      Amir
      T-Ross
      Hansborough

To TOR:
      Horford
      Carroll
      2nd Round Pick (Maybe???)

I don't think that has a chance. Closest thing to your trade I see is the following and even that I'm unsure of:

To ATL:
      Amir
      Ross
      Bro
      2015 1st

To TOR:
      Horford
      Carroll

Could be problematic on Toronto's side as it now makes them a tax team too.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
        But we need good defence. Taj would just take more touches than Amir, which would mean even less for JV.

Amir doesn't need plays for him, he's good at being the 5th option and putbacks and such.

We need defence from PF, which he gives.
        Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        I like Al Horford as well, but signing him would constitue the biggest signing in Raptors history wouldn't it? I don't know if we are still that attractive a team for players yet. Would an Amir for Taj Gibson trade work? Taj is not as good defensively, but better on offense.
        huh?? taj gibson was a snub for the all-defensive first team. his defense is basically elite.

Comment

Amir + TRoss+ Hayes+ 2016 1st =Horford +Carroll is more balanced financially . This keeps the Raptors under the Tax level and
          Keep Steemer and Hamilton and remain under the cap.

Front Court is Horford, JV, PPat, hansborough , Bebe and Steemer-
          Swing JJ ,Carroll,Bruno and fields
          Sg is DD and Lou, hamilton
          Pg is KL and GV

Comment

This thread was meant to be a discussion about the trade market in general. If you want to discuss specific trade ideas, please use the Trade Proposal Forum.

LINK: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...Proposal-Forum

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
              Amir + TRoss+ Hayes+ 2016 1st =Horford +Carroll is more balanced financially . This keeps the Raptors under the Tax level and
              Keep Steemer and Hamilton and remain under the cap.

Front Court is Horford, JV, PPat, hansborough , Bebe and Steemer-
              Swing JJ ,Carroll,Bruno and fields
              Sg is DD and Lou, hamilton
              Pg is KL and GV
              The issue is that ATL would probably want Bro over Hayes.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Than can Atlanta pay up to 2.5 million of Horford 's salary for 2015, as they are allowed to pay up to $3 million dollars . Please confirm.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  huh?? taj gibson was a snub for the all-defensive first team. his defense is basically elite.
                  I don't associate Taj Gibson with being an elite defender, but I do think he is a good defender. My post was meant to say that I think Amir is a better defender than Taj, not that Taj is a poor defender in any way.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    I don't believe I said Taj was a dominant scorer, but that he was a better scorer than Amir. You can throw him the ball, in the post (once in a while) and let him go to work, as he has some post moves. With Amir, it's more of a cleaning up the glass or when plays break down he gets it in the post situation. Plus keep in mind Taj, has never been a feature PF in the Bulls line up. Amir is more efficient with those clean up's and finishing plays, but that does not mean his is a better scoring option.

Secondly, I wasn't saying Taj is a bad defender. He is quite good, but you put Amir on that roster and into coach Thib's system and I think Amir is the better defender.
                    First bold: I know you didn't say he's dominant, I was just pointing out he isn't a stand-out post player. He has some moves, but he's a backup level scorer. The thing that makes him arguably starter material is his D.

Second bold: Maybe it's because he doesn't have the talent to be a featured offensive player. He never scored as well as Boozer, nor did he pass as well as either he or Noah. However he's consistently posted higher USG% than Amir because he is a "featured option" off the bench for them, with less efficiency. I don't see how that's good.

Scoring option quality is relative to roster. Who do you want to take touches away from to get Taj some post touches? He'd still be the 4th/5th option on our starting unit, but less efficient than Amir, who you pointed out finishes well in all the random situations he finds himself in as that lesser option, including as a shooter where Taj isn't very good. And yeah, he's not a great passer...He doesn't draw fouls particularly well...I don't see what he does to really help the team offensively compared to where they are now.

As for D, that's pretty difficult to compare. Taj was solid defensively in his rookie year before Thibs was hired in Chi-town. I don't think it's the system making him look good, and I'm not sure how much better/worse Amir would look in that system. But again, if there's any area where he could add value it's there, not offensively, in my opinion.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                      When you say he is a downgrade to Amir on offenes are you referring to Amir being more efficient or are you saying Amir is a better natural scorer than Taj? I agree about efficiency, but not at all about who is the better scoring PF
                      Taj is a bit better in the post, but Amir is better on PnR, sets better screens, and spaces the floor better. And Amir is actually pretty underrated in the post too.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        I don't think that has a chance. Closest thing to your trade I see is the following and even that I'm unsure of:

To ATL:
                        Amir
                        Ross
                        Bro
                        2015 1st

To TOR:
                        Horford
                        Carroll

Could be problematic on Toronto's side as it now makes them a tax team too.
                        To me, you do:

To ATL:
                        Amir
                        Ross
                        NYK 2016 1st
                        2015 1st

To TOR:
                        Horford
                        Carroll

I think that is what it takes to win the bidding for him. And I couldn't care less about going into the tax - to acquire a player like Horford that's not an issue.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          This thread was meant to be a discussion about the trade market in general. If you want to discuss specific trade ideas, please use the Trade Proposal Forum.

LINK: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...Proposal-Forum
                          Oops. Sorry.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The 'one piece away' talent needs to be dominant enough to make it difficult for a team like the Cavs to beat you. I don't think a guy like Taj Gibson would do that. Horford on the other hand probably would.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              To me, you do:

To ATL:
                              Amir
                              Ross
                              NYK 2016 1st
                              2015 1st

To TOR:
                              Horford
                              Carroll

I think that is what it takes to win the bidding for him. And I couldn't care less about going into the tax - to acquire a player like Horford that's not an issue.
                              Hopefully that 2016 pick would be the worst of the two picks raps have if that deal was available.

I don't care about tax either but we're not paying it

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                The 'one piece away' talent needs to be dominant enough to make it difficult for a team like the Cavs to beat you. I don't think a guy like Taj Gibson would do that. Horford on the other hand probably would.
                                Yup

This thread is about getting to a contender status.

Another all-star is the minimum I think......and another coach too.

Comment

Working...
                                X