Game #42 Raps at Rockets Monday March 22nd 9pm on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

No Masai is actually calling Air BnB's and find great places to stay, asking about their policies on pets, and if they accept mastercard
    You just know there's some guy with a MBA from UofT three levels removed from Teresa Resch on the phone at 3:00 am trying to find someone to fix some plumbing issue in Tampa wondering WTF he is doing with his life....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I kinda agree with this at least in principle but you really think Masai is "helping players find homes and figure out travel schedules" for instance? There are 20 coaches, a GM and 73 support personnel that do that, not the President. He's just kept in the loop imo
      Fair enough, but I wouldn't be surprised that when playing in Toronto was not an option, Masai was on the blower scooping out the potential alternatives. One of the major variables would be where the hell does all his players(and their potential families) sleep? He would be checking out the housing market and meeting with big wig real estate agents so that once the decision was made he could hand over resources on a silver platter so that it was a smooth of a transition that it could be. Even if some lackey was doing it for him, it would be one more thing on his plate that he was managing.

Comment

That as written in 2009 lol
        Oct 09, 2009, 09:46 pm - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/kyle-lowry-608/ ©DraftExpress

"Brings some things to the table as a back-up, but still has a ways to go as an all-around player. -
        Was the first scouting thing that came up (I wasn't terribly diligent in looking : ) is there more up to date scouting on Kyle? I'd be interested to see what his vertical was in his NBA tryouts

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

Was the first scouting thing that came up (I wasn't terribly diligent in looking : ) is there more up to date scouting on Kyle? I'd be interested to see what his vertical was in his NBA tryouts
          you literally just have to watched kyle lowry play any time for the last decade to know hes not a freak athlete by any means. hes a crafty, smart player. but to say hes getting rebounds because of his freak athletic ability is super weird.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

you literally just have to watched kyle lowry play any time for the last decade to know hes not a freak athlete by any means. hes a crafty, smart player. but to say hes getting rebounds because of his freak athletic ability is super weird.
            Agreed. He gets rebounds because of his strength, high IQ and hustle, not because he can out jump people.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

Saying "he gets rebounds by just knowing the game and where balls are likely to bounce after certain shots" is weird. And dumb. lol.

It's okay to admit you don't know what you're talking about dude. I was talking about a comparison between Kyle and FVV. You have taken one part of it and now all you want to talk about is rebounding. "He's crafty" - that's why, bahahaha. Thanks for the detailed breakdown, Rebounding guru

Comment

• Mea culpa here. Starting to think this team can tank (this year)!

A lot of it I think is guys know there is a trade coming, combined with guys not being recovered from COVID yet, combined with other guys being burnt out from carrying the team, combined with some... interesting rotation decisions (even among some very good rotation decisions of late), combined with OG being so important to their defence with no real C and sitting out. But still. They are showing with the right mix of circumstances they are quite capable of piling up losses, and if they get enough of a future-oriented return on Lowry and Norm, could actually stay in the lotto.

Still think the team team could well end up as high as 6th even if they trade those two, but the range of possibilities is wider than I had thought. Especially if they don’t address the C position.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Depending on the trade(s) the results could further tank this season or they could actually rally and grab a playoff spot as remaining players realize they caused this and new guys want to impress. I'm hoping they bring in some attitude and leadership back in the deal(s)

Comment

Depending on the trade(s) the results could further tank this season or they could actually rally and grab a playoff spot as remaining players realize they caused this and new guys want to impress. I'm hoping they bring in some attitude and leadership back in the deal(s)
                    honestly, either option a) or b) is fine. Either tank to the bottom or show you're good and get a fire lit under your asses ala 2013 post Rudy Gay. Either is better than where we are now.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Mea culpa here. Starting to think this team can tank (this year)!

A lot of it I think is guys know there is a trade coming, combined with guys not being recovered from COVID yet, combined with other guys being burnt out from carrying the team, combined with some... interesting rotation decisions (even among some very good rotation decisions of late), combined with OG being so important to their defence with no real C and sitting out. But still. They are showing with the right mix of circumstances they are quite capable of piling up losses, and if they get enough of a future-oriented return on Lowry and Norm, could actually stay in the lotto.

Still think the team team could well end up as high as 6th even if they trade those two, but the range of possibilities is wider than I had thought. Especially if they don’t address the C position.
                      Knowing this team and this voodoo season, the Raptors will go on a Ewing Effect run after trading Norm and/or Kyle, flame out in the 1st or 2nd round and miss out by 1 draft position on the next generational superstar.

Comment

• A lot of big games tonight but none bigger than Raps and Nuggets. I say we go out with a bang with a win for old times sake. Kind of feel bad for the whole female crew tonight who are going to have to talk about rumours more than the game. Let's get a thread going!

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          A lot of big games tonight but none bigger than Raps and Nuggets. I say we go out with a bang with a win for old times sake. Kind of feel bad for the whole female crew tonight who are going to have to talk about rumours more than the game. Let's get a thread going!
                          The whole female crew thing is kind of ridiculous. I'd sooner they have a regular female crew member who deserves the spot over what's more seen as a token night. Signalling at its finest, why didn't they do this a year ago? Have to admit I'm not a big fan of what Kia Nurse has brought so far ....

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

honestly, either option a) or b) is fine. Either tank to the bottom or show you're good and get a fire lit under your asses ala 2013 post Rudy Gay. Either is better than where we are now.
                            Sure but can we have our cake and eat it too? Make the trades, get the pieces, lose some games, get a high lotto pick, flip the switch next season. Let's do this.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Sure but can we have our cake and eat it too? Make the trades, get the pieces, lose some games, get a high lotto pick, flip the switch next season. Let's do this.
                              As long as Siakam keeps calling Nurses mother a filthy ***** we should be fine.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I'm no thread 2 raptors vs Denver game.. Wow..bad times, both Powell and Lowry are playing, why..these guys should sit..wtf...
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X