Game 43: Nuggets vs Raptors, Wed March 24, 7:30 pm, TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

It doesn't matter if they trade Lowry or/and Powell. If they trade both those guys they're going to get something back.

Raptors making the playoffs is a lock.
    They could waive some of the non-young prospects, or flip them for way in the future 2RPs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

They could waive some of the non-young prospects, or flip them for way in the future 2RPs.
      If they make a commitment they can make this roster perform bad.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Thing that struck me is that Matt and Jack are very fun but can go off the rails, and even more problematically often have no idea what they are talking about.

Last night made made me think adding a third member to the TSN call might be to their benefit. Kia would be ideal but she’s got stuff to do.

And SN should just throw out the whole broadcast and use the women from last night.
        I said that last night on reddit, they should make it Matt, Jack and Kia for all 82. That was her first ever game as an analyst?? She was incredible! But she's a 25 year old professional basketball player so schedules may not line up lol
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

If they make a commitment they can make this roster perform bad.
          Yeah, we’re just talking about sucking for a few months for the greater long term good. It would be a shame to go half-assed.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

like who?? lol on this roster you're either part of the core, or you suck. Oh no please don't get rid of Aron Baynes and Paul Watson Jr!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Also the all female broadcast was really fun. I'm a bigger fan of Kia Nurse than I am of Leo, and it was nice getting a bit of a break from Jack. Meghan McPeak did a phenomenal job. She really knows her basketball.. and I liked that there was no stupid chit chat through out the game.. it was just about the ball. They had nice pauses during the action. A good breakdown of what was happening, but not over the top. No crazy catch phrases.

Good for TSN to do that.. I enjoyed it. Hope Sportsnet does something similar.
              It was fine. I put Devlin up there with Eagle, Pranica and Breen, so comparing anyone to him outside of a handful of guys is unfair. You could team Matt up with pretty much anyone and have one of the best duos in the league.

The fact that Matt and Jack and even Leo have broadcast the entire season from a different country and held up is pretty impressive. Guys are totally underappreciated by much of the fanbase.

Comment

• Beat the shit of Nuggets so bad they made a trade
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

It was fine. I put Devlin up there with Eagle, Pranica and Breen, so comparing anyone to him outside of a handful of guys is unfair. You could team Matt up with pretty much anyone and have one of the best duos in the league.

The fact that Matt and Jack and even Leo have broadcast the entire season from a different country and held up is pretty impressive. Guys are totally underappreciated by much of the fanbase.
                  I don't think the play by play girl was that special, and I think she has experience doing it on a smaller level. I do agree with you Mattty D is a great pbp guy.

I liked Kia Nurse, the colour analyst. She's a basketball player with ZERO experience, and did fantastic. I don't think people appreciate how hard that is.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I don't think the play by play girl was that special, and I think she has experience doing it on a smaller level. I do agree with you Mattty D is a great pbp guy.

I liked Kia Nurse, the colour analyst. She's a basketball player with ZERO experience, and did fantastic. I don't think people appreciate how hard that is.
                    I got to tune into the 4th quarter. I thought they sounded pretty good. Hard to replicate Matt though. He is a bit goofy but it excellent at his job, and I feel Jack is the perfect comedy/basketball knowledge counter without being too formal. Leo not so much but he is a familiar face. The twine and wine makes me cringe so hard and they talk about it every game like it's the funniest thing in the world.

Agreed Kia did really well, I can see her being more involved going forward.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Matt has the traditional voice range and tone that hits the right excitement level at the appropriate spots. 3 pointers, dunks, steals, charges. Not a big fan of Leo but I could do entirely without Jack; he's just grating for me. The play by play person has to be able to ramp up the excitement, it's a big part of the fan experience and I didn't get that last night but the general flow was more relaxed and much better by the end of the game.

Yes, a tip of the hat to all of the regular crew this season tho.
                      Last edited by G__Deane; Thu Mar 25, 2021, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

If the something they get back is a really good or even functional C, yes, it is very likely they win a lot of games.

If not, I’d still peg them as most likely to end up at least in a play in spot. But I’m not 100% in that scenario.
                        When you look at the standings, this team could go up as high as 5th or 6th. It doesn't matter if Lowry or/and Powell gets traded. The teams above them - specifically the Hornets, Bulls, Pacers and Hawks are horrible.

As for the play in tournament, that's an even bigger lock. That's easy money. And it doesn't matter who they play in the play in tournament, it doesn't matter if it's the Bulls or Hornets or Knicks or whatever, they're gonna beat them.

#Playoffs
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                        X