Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Bosh Warrant Being Called a Superstar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Bosh Warrant Being Called a Superstar?

Another good piece I came across this morning.

Courtesy of Gregory Dale from "The National Newspaper"

Why should he stay in Toronto? The team has not had success in the Bosh era, other than a brief flirtation during their Atlantic division-winning season in 2007.

Clearly Bosh could benefit from a change of scenery, but at the same time he should be held accountable for his lack of success. At what point does he become the difference maker? At what point does he become a winner? Or is he just a paper tiger?
    Let the facts speak for themselves: Bosh has never done anything to warrant being called a superstar player.

I believe he is just outside that level of greatness. Some players make plays to win big games. Robert Horry comes to mind. While he was no great star, he consistently hit game-winning shots and seven NBA titles with three different teams are proof of his effectiveness.

The bottom line is that perhaps Bosh is not a franchise player but rather a top complementary player who will never win on his own.
    So, do you think he's pretty accurate? That Bosh is and will likely be just a great complimentary player or do some think he is a "franchise" type guy?

Source - Click here

Well, it happened to Garnett(realization he was best fit to compliment another) and Garnett in his prime was a greater player overall than Bosh is right now. When you look back at the Spurs greatness, when the game was on the line the ball wasn't in Duncan's hands. I think this great big men need a great wing to win. Shaq never won a title without a great wing. Bosh probably won't win anything without a great wing either. Bosh most definitely would be a good Scotty Pippen to James or Wade. If he stays here what currently is on roster will never get it done.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Bosh probably won't win anything without a great wing either. Bosh most definitely would be a good Scotty Pippen to James or Wade. If he stays here what currently is on roster will never get it done.
      What are you talking about? Did you not see Antoine Wright last night? Wing shming .. they're overrated.

Comment

I agree with the article. Bosh isnt a Superstar, maybe 2nd level Gasol type player who needs to be 2nd or 3rd option. Garnett never won in Minny, but he was a dominant player who made a difference and gave the max effort on both ends everynight. CB is honestly invisible on defence, many times a smaller player will go right at him and lay it up while he stands there with his hands up and back arched. As an athletic big man, Bosh has the ability to set the defensive tone, but chooses not to. MJ23 used to go 100% on a crappy Bulls team back in the day until they took notice and followed suit and looked how that turned out. Acting, but not playing like ur the basketball god in Canada and throwing ur teammates under the bus isnt the characteristics of a true superstar. Ppl are scared that he will leave thats why they say he's the only one playing hard, but if he plays like he has been the last couple weeks after signing a max deal....im sure ppl would see things different.

Comment

Yeah I think he does warrant being called one. I believe he can put up the same numbers on a good team. He can defend when he wants to, though he doesn't (or can't) jump that high when contesting shots. Difference maker? Now that I don't know. What constitutes as being a difference maker? Playoff success? KG hardly had any at Minny. Can you be a difference maker and still lose?

Anyways, we know he's no KG, but that doesn't make him less of a superstar. Just not as great as the others.

Comment

But its not just about putting up numbers. Zach Randolph puts up numbers but is he a superstar? There is more to being a superstar like leadership and being able to carry a team to wins. Bosh doesn't make an impact on defense like Kobe or LeBron or TD or Garnett or Shaq(in his prime), etc.

Comment

hell no he isnt a superstar. dump calderon and bargs while were at it too. this is turk the turks team whether you like it or not.

Comment

Raffy15 wrote: View Post
                hell no he isnt a superstar. dump calderon and bargs while were at it too. this is turk the turks team whether you like it or not.
                ROTFLMAO .... thanks for the afternoon laugh. That was pretty funny.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                  ROTFLMAO .... thanks for the afternoon laugh. That was pretty funny.
                  its time to accept the truth. this is how its going to go down whether the fans like it or not. Bosh is bolting, Bargs will be dumped, and so will Jose. Embrace it, dont fight it.

Comment

N O
                    but jose sucks up enough to him that he might think he's a superStar
                    more like a clutch black-whole

Comment

Bosh is the sole reason we lost this game tonight, the whole team was giving effort and he just pranced around and did his best VC impersonation. 2 trips to the line all game and not until 3 mins left in the game??????? wtffffff!!!! Franchise my ass....it almost seemed like he didnt want us to win??? .............he gets the jackass award this evening...total sabotage of an otherwise great team effort...

Comment

Ya I seriously wanted to see Bosh start crying at the end of this game, or see him shunned by the rest of his team. We were in control of everything until Bosh decided to bobble that rebound out of bounds. It seriously reminded me of a crappy movie I saw awhile ago about College sports gambling, and how this guy was betting against his own team... Bosh sure made it look convincing tonight?? Kidding of course, I know he didn't try to blow it, but he sure did.

Comment

If Bosh is a Max player, what would Nene be? Everytime we play the Nuggets Nene owns Bosh. Seriously , no free throws until 2.5 mins left in the game???? cmon...u complain that no one has any desire and when they show some fight, u dont get their backs?? I feel really bad for the team, they fought hard......I dont think i can stand 5-6 more years of this 6-10 fade-away jump shooter....
                          omg...it friggin hurts....aaarrrhhhggg

Comment

Working...
                          X