Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One
    replied
    And why have we not learned any lessons yet? it's been 4 years!!!! Trent is in one those hot streaks right now. You know he's going to go on another cold streak. It's just a matter of time. C'mon guys.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

I don't think it can in the long run if we want to be a good defensive team. We're just too small and not not physical enough at the guard spots.
    Yeah Trent might be a short term starter but long term he's a bench player on a good team. That's no reason to walk away from him though, unless his price is high enough that it's out of family for a high end bench player.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    WJF wrote: View Post
    Trent has been shooting the leather off the ball for the whole month of January. He just turned 25! He’s not under contract, but is he worth looking at keeping? Will he cost too much in the off season? Can IQ, Trent, and RJ work as a starting g group? Nwora, Grady, and a PG as perimeter players off the bench. Can that core work?
    No. The whole point of drafting Dick is for him to eventually take over as the starting 2 guard.

Now, they gotta find a way to add shooters off t he bench to replace Trent's shooting but those are easy to find in the draft.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Trent has been shooting the leather off the ball for the whole month of January. He just turned 25! He’s not under contract, but is he worth looking at keeping? Will he cost too much in the off season? Can IQ, Trent, and RJ work as a starting g group? Nwora, Grady, and a PG as perimeter players off the bench. Can that core work?
    I don't think it can in the long run if we want to be a good defensive team. We're just too small and not not physical enough at the guard spots.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Could extend him right now if they wanted to! I'd hope he'd cost a little above the MLE, more than that would be less obviously a good retention.

Personally, I'd lean to extending him, planning to re-sign Nwora with his Early Bird rights, and take back some dead salary next year in your Brown, Boucher, and Schroder trades to maximize the prospect and pick returns.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Was really pleased with his game against Miami. But what I wanted to see was if he could be someone to count on the next game. 0-4. Sad trombone.
    Thats who Gary is. He is shooting 40% from 3, so he usually more consistent than not.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Was really pleased with his game against Miami. But what I wanted to see was if he could be someone to count on the next game. 0-4. Sad trombone.
    When people show you who they are. Believe them.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Yessir Norm!

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

Sadly, I gotta agree. Maybe it's the lack of a contract or being in and out of the starting line up, but he's just been very blah going on a second straight season now. Maybe a fresh start somewhere else will do him some good.
    I agree, I think he'll do better elsewhere as well.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post

yeah, hes got no interest in being here.
    Sadly, I gotta agree. Maybe it's the lack of a contract or being in and out of the starting line up, but he's just been very blah going on a second straight season now. Maybe a fresh start somewhere else will do him some good.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    Gary Trent is like. I would like 2 be moved, plz, anybody..stop talking about Siakim.
    I honestly think if he goes somewhere else, he'll b productive and go back what he does best, Jack shots up.
    He definitely needs a change of scenery.
    yeah, hes got no interest in being here.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    Gary Trent is like. I would like 2 be moved, plz, anybody..stop talking about Siakim.
    I honestly think if he goes somewhere else, he'll b productive and go back what he does best, Jack shots up.
    He definitely needs a change of scenery.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Facts! lmao

Leave a comment:

Working...
X