Everything Gary Trent Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Let the rumor mill start....Nurse does not mince words these days...

And some of you thought Gary gambled BEFORE, just wait

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I love it. It either lights a fire under the player (as it should) or the player becomes a suck, but either way I love that the coach doesn't sugar coat it.
      Everyone needs to read the block quote as well. Doesn't sound quite a critical.

While Nurse does sound harsh here, he also gives Trent some credit and said it's probably because he hasn't felt fully healthy yet this season.

Perfect mix of lighting fire under his ass while not throwing him totally under the bus.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I love it. It either lights a fire under the player (as it should) or the player becomes a suck, but either way I love that the coach doesn't sugar coat it.
        Well given that Poole and Herro got over 30 million per season for basically just shooting the 3 well & not playing much defense, there really isn't much that GTJ can hurt his value with defense other than not scoring the 3 pointer when needed.

Remember he is going to be a free agent this summer so if the Raptors don't want to pay him close to that price someone else probably will.

It looks at the moment given Gary recent slump, NN comments on his overall effort & team financial commitment to other players that it is more likely that GTJ will probably find a home elsewhere in a trade before the deadline.

Comment

• Again, he is not healthy.
          We all know what he is capable of when at 100%.
          Just like with Scottie and Fred, it's not helping if we keep throwing our guys under the bus UNFAIRLY.

Comment

Nurse has done this before with everyone from Pascal to RHJ. You can do this when management and ownership are all on the same page as the coach, otherwise, it doesn't work.

Honestly, though, a lot of Trent's issues have just been that his shot isn't falling and that wears on you. People can talk about just play defense and all that but when you're a scorer who is not scoring it takes a toll on your game. Once some more shots start going down he will look better overall.

Comment

Well given that Poole and Herro got over 30 million per season for basically just shooting the 3 well & not playing much defense, there really isn't much that GTJ can hurt his value with defense other than not scoring the 3 pointer when needed.

Remember he is going to be a free agent this summer so if the Raptors don't want to pay him close to that price someone else probably will.

It looks at the moment given Gary recent slump, NN comments on his overall effort & team financial commitment to other players that it is more likely that GTJ will probably find a home elsewhere in a trade before the deadline.
              Maybe something similar to the Powell-Trent deal? Who is Trent in that scenario?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Maybe something similar to the Powell-Trent deal? Who is Trent in that scenario?
                Well rumor has it that the Warriors are interested in GTJ and they may be willing to give away some pieces of their disappointing young core who was expected to step up to replace their departed bench vets but so far has not.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2h7ghuxf

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

We'd want a scoring guard back, so you'd be looking at teams that have an excess of shooting/combo guards, possibly.... Pacers, Kings, Rockets, Blazers, Jazz.

Comment

• I doubt they trade kuminga for trent. Maybe Moody

Comment

• Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Blazers, Jazz.
                        Back to the Blazers?! lol not sure if doable.

Jazz on the other hand something can be worked out with another 2nd rounder thrown by the Raptors perhaps.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2exhxww7

Comment

• I'm so late with the tweet lol. I was getting some work done on my car and I saw that tweet. Couldn't post until I came home.

Comment

Back to the Blazers?! lol not sure if doable.

Jazz on the other hand something can be worked out with another 2nd rounder thrown by the Raptors perhaps.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2exhxww7
                            Saedon Sharpe?

Yes!

Comment

And some of you thought Gary gambled BEFORE, just wait

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

We'd want a scoring guard back, so you'd be looking at teams that have an excess of shooting/combo guards, possibly.... Pacers, Kings, Rockets, Blazers, Jazz.
                                First team I thought of was the Pacers as well, but there's not chance we are getting Mathurin and I don't think Heild would fit long term. Duarte is having a down year after looking like a steal in the draft.

From Portland, Josh Hart is kind of interesting because he does a lot more in terms of assists and rebounding than Trent. He's one of the few guards I've taken note of over the last couple of seasons which maintains a good fg% for a guard. Certainly in comparison to Fred and Gary.

Don't think Jazz would be interested in Trent.

Don't think Eric Gordon fits our timeline.

I'll put Lou Dort's name out there again. Won't replace Trent's shooting but on defense he's a beast.

Comment

Working...
                                X