Everything Gary Trent Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    His form is really good. Bodes well for further development. Like pull ups and stuff. I wonder why Blazers gave up on him though lol
    For Blazers it's all about winning now. Norm probably helps more on that end and has more of an inside drive to the basket game to compliment Dame and CJ's perimeter game.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

For Blazers it's all about winning now. Norm probably helps more on that end and has more of an inside drive to the basket game to compliment Dame and CJ's perimeter game.
      Exactly. Everything is on Dames timeline. He's gonna be 31. Strike while the irons hot.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Every Gary in the NBA got traded yesterday

Gary Harris traded to Orlando

Gary Clark traded to Denver

Gary Trent Jr traded to Toronto

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          His form is really good. Bodes well for further development. Like pull ups and stuff. I wonder why Blazers gave up on him though lol
          He was really good in the bubble, averaged about 17 points and shot 50% and 48% 3P. He is gonna be a good player in the future.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post

He was really good in the bubble, averaged about 17 points and shot 50% and 48% 3P. He is gonna be a good player in the future.
            He might even be...norm powell!

I kid, I kid

Comment

I think Trent's potential is way, way higher than Powell's, as much as I liked him. At 22, Powell was a rookie averaging less than 6 PPG for us. He was also averaging less than 6 two years later... Trent is 22 right now. I know this ain't all about scoring... but I like this trade a lot. I really think Trent could be our legit starting SG in the long run.

Comment

TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                I think Trent's potential is way, way higher than Powell's, as much as I liked him. At 22, Powell was a rookie averaging less than 6 PPG for us. He was also averaging less than 6 two years later... Trent is 22 right now. I know this ain't all about scoring... but I like this trade a lot. I really think Trent could be our legit starting SG in the long run.
                Maybe Norm's recent ascend made us forget his overall impact. Like let's not forget Go Daddy Powell lol
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

22 yrs old with room to grow...I also like taller guards who have decent defensive fundamentals, very very reliable three point shot...lots of room to grow for a controllable salary

Same age timeline of OG and young Flynn

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Exactly. Everything is on Dames timeline. He's gonna be 31. Strike while the irons hot.
                    Yes. I'm also not sure Norm is the guy but Portland realizes they have to move now. Honestly still a bit baffled that Miami and Philly are making safe moves so they can hang onto 21 year olds while they have a window right in front of them. Miami especially - Butler's in his 30's and the time to try go get over the top is now. There's an opportunity cost going all in on a chip, and that is your young players and assets and your future flexibility. Look at what Kawhi & PG cost the Clippers, what AD cost the Lakers, what Kawhi cost the Raptors, what Harden cost the Nets... Sometimes I think guys like Ainge in particular are outsmarting themselves, trying to play all the angles at once. Riley and Morey right now too are kind of trying to have their cake and eat it too. If you're on the precipe of being a top contender in the league, you push your chips to the middle of the table. If you can put yourself in that position for 2-3 seasons, you do it. You don't get better opportunities than that. Who gaf what Tyler Herro might or might not be by the time the 2027-28 NBA season rolls around? You could have a ring or two by then if you go all-in.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                      22 yrs old with room to grow...I also like taller guards who have decent defensive fundamentals, very very reliable three point shot...lots of room to grow for a controllable salary

Same age timeline of OG and young Flynn

What do you mean by ''controllable salary''?

Comment

What do you mean by ''controllable salary''?
                        Gary Trent Jr. signed a 3 year / $3,919,177 contract with the Portland Trail Blazers, including $3,919,177 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $1,306,392. In 2020-1, Trent Jr. will earn a base salary of $1,663,861, while carrying a cap hit of $1,663,861 and a dead cap value of $1,663,861.
                        Raptors can do whatever they want in the offseason

Comment

He bet on himself for not signing the extension of $53 million the Blazers offered...

Gary Trent Jr. says he intends to play the season out and become a restricted free agent rather than negotiate a contract extension. In a sense, this is him betting on himself rather than trying to nail down the security of a multi-year deal. Good incentive for him to play well
                          RFA with Games remaining to prove his worth to Bobby and Masai with a very minimal cap hold

Comment

But I don't understand what it means in the sense that if another team offers him a big contract this summer, we'll have to match it to keep him, right?

Comment

But I don't understand what it means in the sense that if another team offers him a big contract this summer, we'll have to match it to keep him, right?
                              Yup
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Raps have No commitment with a very minimal dead cap value

Masai or Bobby can do whatever they want plus no “emotional attachment” like our homegrown Norm

Comment

Working...
                                X