No announcement yet.

Everything Gary Trent Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like how he dabbles in the midrange. It's almost jarring to see these days, the classic square up 15 foot jumper.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I like how he dabbles in the midrange. It's almost jarring to see these days, the classic square up 15 foot jumper.
      so true. we always are amazed when it happens

Comment

• You don't want over reliance on a mid ranger... (which I don't think will be an issue because he can pop the 3pt shot. I do want him to start slashing down a bit more, but it is a VERY useful skill. All of the top top top top guys have one. Kawhi was a midrange maestro. PG, Lebron, etc. Not comparing them to Gary Trent Jr. but it is an important thing to point out. It is a lost skill and yet a very useful skill if combined with others. I see him being useful on this team for a while.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
          You don't want over reliance on a mid ranger... (which I don't think will be an issue because he can pop the 3pt shot. I do want him to start slashing down a bit more, but it is a VERY useful skill. All of the top top top top guys have one. Kawhi was a midrange maestro. PG, Lebron, etc. Not comparing them to Gary Trent Jr. but it is an important thing to point out. It is a lost skill and yet a very useful skill if combined with others. I see him being useful on this team for a while.
          Over reliance on anything isn't good, but having a mid range shot when you need it is valuable. Its why Pascal and Fred struggle, they can shoot the 3 (Pascal hasn't shot well in general this season), they can both drive (Fred doesn't shoot well), neither use the mid range a whole lot.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Over reliance on anything isn't good, but having a mid range shot when you need it is valuable. Its why Pascal and Fred struggle, they can shoot the 3 (Pascal hasn't shot well in general this season), they can both drive (Fred doesn't shoot well), neither use the mid range a whole lot.
            Yeah they end up driving and forcing an issue
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• oh hello future of this franchise

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

it really shifts the geometry of the floor too

Comment

• What a game by GT Jr.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Tony Parker also had a great floater. Flynn is gonna need that in the pros. Malachi looks so tiny out of there... like a skinny, grade school version of Fred.
                    Check.

Comment

• Sometimes, when players move to a new team, they have a burst of energy and seem to channel superstars of the past, for a few weeks. I'm hoping that this is not the case with GTJr in this instance. He is showing a great skill set, and a wider range of skills than was advertised. His passing game is a pleasant surprise for me. Hope it continues. And I am confident it will.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        Sometimes, when players move to a new team, they have a burst of energy and seem to channel superstars of the past, for a few weeks. I'm hoping that this is not the case with GTJr in this instance. He is showing a great skill set, and a wider range of skills than was advertised. His passing game is a pleasant surprise for me. Hope it continues. And I am confident it will.
                        i honestly dont think so

Comment

• Yeah this guy is a keeper. He just plays with a lot of energy, and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. This doesn't feel like contract year play. Because he did a lot of this in the bubble. This is a kid who plays hard, and wants to win.. but also has a lot of confidence in his abilities.

Really great trade for Masai. Let's hope we can get him for a reasonable contract.

Comment

• Great shooter, and works hard on D, I think he could improve going to the basket a bit. If he get's all three levels and pairs that with his D, I think he could be the best player on the team. It's early, but there's a ton to like.

Comment

• Just a really good get by Masai. Typically year 3 is when players start to show who they are, but playing behind Dame, CJ and Melo didn't give Trent a real opportunity to develop or show how good he can be on offense. He's got a lot of untapped potential which Masai is banking on.

Comment

• Isn't it true, even if his contract is 20 mil, that it doesn't affect our cap space the same way as norm, something like a 5 million hit regardless?

Comment

Working...
                                X