Everything Gary Trent Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Even if they give him $20M.. his cap hold is only $4.7M. Sign that center before we re-sign Trent Jr.
    The 48 hour window is crucial...

what if Lowry stays?
    what we missed out on Holmes or a Center who HAS to be 1 shower better than Baynes
    what if we dont round out the bench?

btw...do we have any direct competitor who has that cap space to offer GTJ and his agent massive enough that would force the hand of Masai/ Bobby to look somewhere else?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

what if Lowry stays?
      what we missed out on Holmes or a Center who HAS to be 1 shower better than Baynes

btw...do we have any direct competitor who has that cap space to offer GTJ and his agent massive enough that would force the hand of Masai/ Bobby to look somewhere else?
      Lowrys not staying man. The team and lowry are prepared to move on. The question will be whether a SnT makes it happen. Nothing about the raps situation makes sense to keep lowry. Keeping him means we cant address the glaring issues in our lineup. We arent running out basically the same lineup next season with only a norm for gary swap. Unless that pick can turn into a starting C, I just dont see why we would retain lowry, or why he'd want to stay.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

what if Lowry stays?

DanH hates this site, but I can't find the info easily anywhere else:
        https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/2021/

Sort by practical cap space. It's not perfect though. Some teams have cap holds that they won't want to renounce. Like Charlotte with Monk. Those type of things can kill their cap space plans.

If a team gives Trent Jr an offer sheet.. they too will have to wait 48 hours before doing anything else in free agency. Their offer blocks them from spending money on other free agents.

Bogdanovic received $72M/4yrs from Atlanta. That's about what I think Trent Jr gets at the high end. And it took a long time before Atlanta made that offer.. basically it was one of the last big moves in free agency. Teams don't want to block themselves only to get matched. They really need to make sure they know they can get their guy. Atlanta knew since the Kings wanted to move on (they had already tried to trade him to the Bucks). We'll want to keep Trent Jr, and every NBA team knows that.

If we don't get Holmes, we look at someone else like Drummond or Theis or Harrell (if he opts out).. or pay less for someone like Noel to get us through the year. We have trade options like Turner (Indiana is sucking this year and might move him). I mean this is why Masai/Bobby are good though right? They'll figure it out.

And we'll have three picks this year.. maybe one of them could be the center of our future?

Baynes was a band aid solution because they wanted max space for Giannis. Now it's time for plan B.. they have way more wiggle room and don't have to give out 1 year deals now.

If Lowry stays, then we use our mid-level contract to get a big. Or we try to get a trade made. We have all our future picks. We can guarantee Baynes' contract and move him for salary. Same with Boucher's. We'll have options.

Comment

• This thread was on fire after his game winner against the Wizards. It's been pretty quiet since lol.

vs Lakers - 11 points
          vs Bulls - 6 points.

Y'all talking about paying him 20m/year this offseason? smh y'all need to stop overreacting every game. No way he's worth 20m/year.

I still look at him as a 6th man.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            This thread was on fire after his game winner against the Wizards. It's been pretty quiet since lol.

vs Lakers - 11 points
            vs Bulls - 6 points.

Y'all talking about paying him 20m/year this offseason? smh y'all need to stop overreacting every game. No way he's worth 20m/year.

Overpaying for potential is the Raptors way.

Comment

• You match whatever he's offered and you retain the asset.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                This thread was on fire after his game winner against the Wizards. It's been pretty quiet since lol.

vs Lakers - 11 points
                vs Bulls - 6 points.

Not completely disagreeing with you, but in those two games his starting PG was not named Lowry or FVV. This kid can ball, but I don't think play making and creating his own offence is his forte.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post

Not completely disagreeing with you, but in those two games his starting PG was not named Lowry or FVV. This kid can ball, but I don't think play making and creating his own offence is his forte.
                  And last game really shows that all 0 for 8's are not created equal. It seems that almost all of his 8 misses rolled around the rim, rattled of both sides of the rim...anything but dropping. He could have easily been 8-8. Not much of an excuse but it's something

Comment

• Judging anyone (who can't really create for themselves yet) playing with the team we have right now isn't smart in my opinion. And as someone said a lot of his shots went in and out. Just a tough break for him
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GTJ is young, got traded to a new team and had some good games and some bad ones. He'll be fine. Norm is also playing worse with the Blazers. It takes time for players to get used to their new teammates, schemes, plays, coaches and so on.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                        Judging anyone (who can't really create for themselves yet) playing with the team we have right now isn't smart in my opinion. And as someone said a lot of his shots went in and out. Just a tough break for him
                        Yup there's some people on this forum who are very reactionary. GTJ is 22 and if you compare him to OG, who just a year ago was not driving to the basket or taking pull ups. Now everyone is saying OG is untouchable. All things considered GTJ is very good and has a high ceiling as a two way player, you can't ask for anymore than that at this stage of his career. The fact that he's being forced to create more will only help him in the long run, so I see no issue with his shot selection. We're tanking this season anyway.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post

Yup there's some people on this forum who are very reactionary. GTJ is 22 and if you compare him to OG, who just a year ago was not driving to the basket or taking pull ups. Now everyone is saying OG is untouchable. All things considered GTJ is very good and has a high ceiling as a two way player, you can't ask for anymore than that at this stage of his career. The fact that he's being forced to create more will only help him in the long run, so I see no issue with his shot selection. We're tanking this season anyway.
                          Nobody on this team is untouchable until we get that alpha on the team. Especially not a 3&D type like OG.

Comment

• One thing that may not have been mentioned which the Trent Jr. trade low-key resolved is the often used against us mismatch in the backcourt. Trent is going to be able to guard bigger players which Lowry and FVV had trouble with.

Comment

• Just tought he deserved to get back on top of this forum! I think he's going to be a star for us! To me Masai made a steal... again.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                                Just tought he deserved to get back on top of this forum! I think he's going to be a star for us! To me Masai made a steal... again.
                                So far so good.
                                A little heart/hustle/grit/sandpaper and attitude that's normally lacking a bit on this team....

Comment

Working...
                                X