Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

So far so good.
    A little heart/hustle/grit/sandpaper and attitude that's normally lacking a bit on this team....
    Missed the game (Wrestlemania!) but he sure had himself a night. He definitely brought the sandpaper in Portland so not surprised by that.

Be interesting to see how it plays out this offseason as to what his role is going forward.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Missed the game (Wrestlemania!) but he sure had himself a night. He definitely brought the sandpaper in Portland so not surprised by that.

Be interesting to see how it plays out this offseason as to what his role is going forward.
      It exciting just to have another (unexpected) young player with serious potential. If Flynn progresses, you have new core with GT Jr. and OG playing with the "old" core in FVV and Pascal and Boucher(?)

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
        Just tought he deserved to get back on top of this forum! I think he's going to be a star for us! To me Masai made a steal... again.

Comment

• He's alive!!!

Comment

• Comment

• I still need to watch these...

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Yeah I don't see Gary getting paid less than OG.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Much like VanVleet, he's got a lot of power and strength in his shot. Never looks weak on his stepbacks.
                  Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Tue Apr 13, 2021, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

If we miss the playoffs then he might.. guys get paid more after a good playoff experience typically.

Comment

You can't really compare Trent to OG that way. You have to compare them both to their roles on the team and what the market price is for players who do the same thing as them.

OG is getting paid $18M/yr as a 3+D SF/PF. Some comparables are: Robert Covington (12M), Jae Crowder (9M) & Royce O'Neal (9M).

Trent is a SG that gets buckets, but is not known for much else, yet. Some comparables are: Malik Beasley (12M), Jordan Clarkson (12.5M), Buddy Hield, Hardaway Jr (18.5), Buddy Hield (23.5M). Salaries are all over the map.

Since Trent is RFA, big question is: do we think there's a team with cap space that will make a big offer?

Comment

Why not? He has essentially the same PPG this year outside of the small sample with the Raps, where he is scoring 3 points more (on 4 more shots), while having significantly fewer rebounds, steals, blocks, and even assists. Nowhere near the same defensive reputation or impact.

I would peg OG's salary as a likely ceiling for Trent at this point. It's always possible someone overpays in FA, but I don't think it's something we should consider a foregone conclusion.

Somewhere in the 12-18M range is what should be expected IMO. His floor is certainly above the MLE, and his ceiling should be below 20M. So 15M is a pretty good guess.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

If we miss the playoffs then he might.. guys get paid more after a good playoff experience typically.
                          Big time. Raps have been giving everybody the "role player on a championship team" premium, the last few years.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

You can't really compare Trent to OG that way. You have to compare them both to their roles on the team and what the market price is for players who do the same thing as them.

OG is getting paid $18M/yr as a 3+D SF/PF. Some comparables are: Robert Covington (12M), Jae Crowder (9M) & Royce O'Neal (9M).

Trent is a SG that gets buckets, but is not known for much else, yet. Some comparables are: Malik Beasley (12M), Jordan Clarkson (12.5M), Buddy Hield, Hardaway Jr (18.5), Buddy Hield (23.5M). Salaries are all over the map.

Since Trent is RFA, big question is: do we think there's a team with cap space that will make a big offer?
                            No, OG's comparables are guys who signed the same year and are his peers, not Jae Crowder and Robert Covington. May as well compare him to what Karl Malone made his 4th year. OG was 4/$72. His comps are:
                            • Jonathan Isaac: Four years, $80 million with the Orlando Magic
                            • Derrick White: Four years, $73 million with the San Antonio Spurs
                            • Luke Kennard: Four years, $64 million with the Los Angeles Clippers
                            • Markelle Fultz: Three years, $50 million with the Orlando Magic
                            His other comps would be the balance of his draft class: Kuzma 3/$30 million, Tatum, Adebayo, Mitchell and De’Aaron Fox (maxes).

Trent will be interesting cause his draft class has a lot of guys where getting the price right will be difficult, including him.

Comment

• Who does Trent Jr. project to be as a player? He kind of reminds me of a poor mans Klay Thompson, which would be amazing if that's what he ends up being. He just seems like a real good player that you can plug into most any system.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Who does Trent Jr. project to be as a player? He kind of reminds me of a poor mans Klay Thompson, which would be amazing if that's what he ends up being. He just seems like a real good player that you can plug into most any system.
                                Klay is a pretty good comparison. I don't think Trent will ever be an isolation scorer, but he is solid off the dribble with a mid range game.

Comment

Working...
                                X