Everything Gary Trent Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post

Klay is a pretty good comparison. I don't think Trent will ever be an isolation scorer, but he is solid off the dribble with a mid range game.
    Klay isn't really an ISO scorer either. Trent has shown he can go off the dribble a little, so its not crazy to think he can become a decent 1v1 threat.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Who does Trent Jr. project to be as a player? He kind of reminds me of a poor mans Klay Thompson, which would be amazing if that's what he ends up being. He just seems like a real good player that you can plug into most any system.
      Evan Fournier but a bit nasty
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Evan Fournier but a bit nasty
        Evan Fournier play defense?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          Who does Trent Jr. project to be as a player? He kind of reminds me of a poor mans Klay Thompson, which would be amazing if that's what he ends up being. He just seems like a real good player that you can plug into most any system.
          Rich man's (due to D) Eric Gordon?
          Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Tue Apr 13, 2021, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Slightly shorter Danny Granger
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• DeMar that can shoot 3s

Comment

• If Lowry will actually be gone, I hope we start and give ample minutes, usage and confidence to this kid. True nose for the basket and boy, do we need that now. Has the right attitude, confidence and clutch gene with a ton of range. That's the stuff I've been watching this morning

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                  If Lowry will actually be gone, I hope we start and give ample minutes, usage and confidence to this kid. True nose for the basket and boy, do we need that now. Has the right attitude, confidence and clutch gene with a ton of range. That's the stuff I've been watching this morning

Depending on what comes back for Lowry (assuming he is gone), if anything, he seems like a lock to start with them not taking Suggs. FVV, OG, Pascal, whatever big (Birch, FA C, Barnes???), and need another guard out there. Maybe that's addressed in a Lowry SnT (Lonzo?), but if not it's Trent's spot I would think.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This guy is still only 22 years old. Huge upside yet to reach.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Passing on Suggs seems like a big vote of confidence to Gary
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        Passing on Suggs seems like a big vote of confidence to Gary
                        I doubt it had anything to do with fit/need, but it sure comes with a big opportunity for Trent.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Congrats Gary! I have no qualms with this contract.

Comment

• Glad he is locked in. Hope to see some offensive consistency this year with defensive improvements.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• We generally have to overpay, so I was completely expecting he would get what OG got. Now he has to earn it.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                                Glad he is locked in. Hope to see some offensive consistency this year with defensive improvements.
                                An off-season to put in work in areas suggested by the coaching staff. Time to review video of how he operated on the floor with other members of the team, Time to get comfortable with his role, and work on specific skillsets. Having the team step up and give him a nice payday. And playing in front of the best fans in the league. I expect all of these things will give his game a boost. I definitely expect more "offensive consistency this year with defensive improvements."

Comment

Working...
                                X