Everything Gary Trent Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post

An off-season to put in work in areas suggested by the coaching staff. Time to review video of how he operated on the floor with other members of the team, Time to get comfortable with his role, and work on specific skillsets. Having the team step up and give him a nice payday. And playing in front of the best fans in the league. I expect all of these things will give his game a boost. I definitely expect more "offensive consistency this year with defensive improvements."
    You hit some great points. His role changed quite a bit, gained a ton of freedom offensively coming here. Never really settled in, but you saw the talent. Some development and video work will go a long way.

Even without Lowry I see out offense improving, it should feel much more balanced and everyone should be more settled.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

You hit some great points. His role changed quite a bit, gained a ton of freedom offensively coming here. Never really settled in, but you saw the talent. Some development and video work will go a long way.

Even without Lowry I see out offense improving, it should feel much more balanced and everyone should be more settled.
      Fred and Pascal both had bigger offensive net rating swings on-court vs off-court than Lowry did (though Lowry's numbers are dragged down by the time those guys missed during the COVID stretch). There are signs the offence could be OK without him. Will obviously have to wait and see.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Fred and Pascal both had bigger offensive net rating swings on-court vs off-court than Lowry did (though Lowry's numbers are dragged down by the time those guys missed during the COVID stretch). There are signs the offence could be OK without him. Will obviously have to wait and see.
        Yeah FVV was out best player last year, his strengths are unsexy and his weaknesses are glaringly gross. With these other guys developing I think Freds going to have a great year. This team is shaping up to be reeeeaaallly fun… though probably a year or two away from serious damage in the playoffs. Curious to see how we round out the offseason, think the market could still shift in a couple different ways.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I don't know if this shows up in stats, but eye-test tells me that Fred, and especially Pascal become super-aggressive on offense when Lowry is out. I think they have so much respect for Lowry (and rightfully so), that they end up deferring to him and start thinking too much about maintaining the right balance of selfishness vs getting Kyle touches. The best case scenario for Lowry leaving is that it could mean Pascal feeling a sense of freedom to dominate the ball and result in him having a monster year.
          Last edited by golden; Tue Aug 3, 2021, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I don't know if this shows up in stats, but eye-test tells me that Fred, and especially Pascal become super-aggressive on offense when Lowry is out. I think they have so much respect for Lowry (and rightfully so), that they end up deferring to him and start thinking too much about maintaining the right balance of selfishness vs getting Kyle touches. The best case scenario for Lowry leaving is that it could mean Pascal feeling a sense of freedom to dominate the ball and result in him having a monster year.
            I felt like last year they just played better when lowry didnt play. It was a weird year though, alot of lineup iterations and inconsistency with playing time due to covid, injuries and packing it in mid-march.

Comment

• I know if Im OG Im scratching my head with this contract. Making half pascal and less than fred and trent. Trent had better step up.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                I know if Im OG Im scratching my head with this contract. Making half pascal and less than fred and trent. Trent had better step up.
                Trent is being paid fair value, the OG contract is just an absolute steal for us.

Comment

• I think trent being paid fair value is yet to be determined, although i have faith he will outplay his contract. OG, though, might be the best player on the team before the season is through. Looks like a steal to us, hopefully not robbery to OG.

Comment

I think trent being paid fair value is yet to be determined, although i have faith he will outplay his contract. OG, though, might be the best player on the team before the season is through. Looks like a steal to us, hopefully not robbery to OG.
                    I think og and siakam will improve and definitively be a tier above FVV

Comment

I think trent being paid fair value is yet to be determined, although i have faith he will outplay his contract. OG, though, might be the best player on the team before the season is through. Looks like a steal to us, hopefully not robbery to OG.
                      OG wanted the early extension and signed the deal. I'm sure he's fine with the certainty of being rich for life. If he wanted more money he should have gone to RFA and he'd probably be getting $25M per year right now. You know other teams would have thrown big money at him. Masai and Bobby are just next level at getting guys to sign before their full abilities are shown to the world.

Comment

• Trent Jr doesn't need to hire a bodyguard, he can just bring his dad wherever he goes.

Comment

OG was never healthy before his extension. It was fair deal considering that
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Some random summer run from Gar

Comment

• wearing pants while playing, craziness.... I still think he is going to be the biggest surprise of this season, and he rarely gets mentioned

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                                wearing pants while playing, craziness....
                                Slow down cowboy. I wear pants when I play. Hasn't hurt my game any. (tall guy skinny leg syndrome)

Comment

Working...
                                X