No announcement yet.

Everything Gary Trent Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creates more drag, you’re missing out on that blow by speed.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      Creates more drag, you’re missing out on that blow by speed.
      I don't think my speed difference would vary far from the margin of error on any measurements taken. I depend on my Bball IQ.

Comment

• I wonder how Gary would fare guarding 1s. If, say, we surrounded him by 6'9ers.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          I wonder how Gary would fare guarding 1s. If, say, we surrounded him by 6'9ers.
          I think he’d struggle on and off the ball. Quickness off the dribble seems to be the thing he struggled with the most. That being said, he’s not the strongest so his ceiling as a defender isn’t quite as high as most of the other wings on this roster.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

I think he’d struggle on and off the ball. Quickness off the dribble seems to be the thing he struggled with the most. That being said, he’s not the strongest so his ceiling as a defender isn’t quite as high as most of the other wings on this roster.
            Not the strongest? For a shooting guards he looks built like a brick shit house, non?

Comment

• Yeah defensively he looks better chasing shooters around then I imagine him on ball. But he’s damn young still.

Comment

Yeah defensively he looks better chasing shooters around then I imagine him on ball. But he’s damn young still.
                yeah thats fair.. so better off ball defender?

Comment

Not the strongest? For a shooting guards he looks built like a brick shit house, non?
                  I would rather he not have to defend guys a whole lot bigger than him. That definitely limits him to guarding smaller wings. Even a guy like Demar I feel would give him trouble. Maybe it’s his wingspan, which looks pretty normal compared to our freak athletes.

Comment

I would rather he not have to defend guys a whole lot bigger than him. That definitely limits him to guarding smaller wings. Even a guy like Demar I feel would give him trouble. Maybe it’s his wingspan, which looks pretty normal compared to our freak athletes.
                    in 2018 he measured at 6'4.25" ( no shoes) with a 6'8.75" wing span, not a freak, but not bad either.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Gary Trent Jr. needs to put on some muscle but, he's only a .5 shorter and than DeMar (measurements in shoes) and 1/4" shorter wingspan. I think DeMar could muscle him on drives and get where he needs to, but DeMar can do that with most defenders. Gary Trent Jr. will fill out a bit, he's still young.

Comment

• Gary Trent will always guard the worst opposing wing player while he on Raps. he'll be fine. He won't guard Demar. He'll guard Lonzo.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Gary Trent will always guard the worst opposing wing player while he on Raps. he'll be fine. He won't guard Demar. He'll guard Lonzo.
                          very true, if he is the worse defensive player we have in the starting line up.... we are doing pretty damn good.

Comment

• I am starting to worry more and more about Gary Trent Jr's defense...he looks horrible, both on the help and in the team concept. Looks slow and lost.

Given he is a black hole on offence and is shooting is inconsistent, it might be hard to justify giving him much playing time.

Comment

• black angus wrote: View Post
                              I am starting to worry more and more about Gary Trent Jr's defense...he looks horrible, both on the help and in the team concept. Looks slow and lost.

Given he is a black hole on offence and is shooting is inconsistent, it might be hard to justify giving him much playing time.
                              I'm not worried at all. He's a career 39% from 3 and averaged a career high 16ppg last season. He's a decent athlete, and while I don't think he'll be a standout defensively he doesn't show signs of being a negative on that end. He'll also always be surrounded by really good defenders. It's not unheard of for players to regress early in their career, but he's 22 with no major injuries sustained that I'm aware of. I think he'll improve on what he did last season, which was pretty good for a third year player.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I'm not worried at all. He's a career 39% from 3 and averaged a career high 16ppg last season. He's a decent athlete, and while I don't think he'll be a standout defensively he doesn't show signs of being a negative on that end. He'll also always be surrounded by really good defenders. It's not unheard of for players to regress early in their career, but he's 22 with no major injuries sustained that I'm aware of. I think he'll improve on what he did last season, which was pretty good for a third year player.

Comment

Working...
                                X