Everything Gary Trent Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I'm not worried at all. He's a career 39% from 3 and averaged a career high 16ppg last season. He's a decent athlete, and while I don't think he'll be a standout defensively he doesn't show signs of being a negative on that end. He'll also always be surrounded by really good defenders. It's not unheard of for players to regress early in their career, but he's 22 with no major injuries sustained that I'm aware of. I think he'll improve on what he did last season, which was pretty good for a third year player.
    I really think that he just needs to start. I know they want Dragic starting to help out Freddie with playmaking but he hasn’t really been doing that anyway and their fit together hasn’t been great. Also Gary just seems to be one of those guys who plays better starting. He needs to be alongside our better players or else he ends up doing too much which in turn makes him look worse than he is. I also think our better players (starters) will be able to keep him in check a little better. Especially when Pascal comes back
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I hope they test Gary out starting in one of these preseason games to see if it makes a difference for him
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post

I really think that he just needs to start. I know they want Dragic starting to help out Freddie with playmaking but he hasn’t really been doing that anyway and their fit together hasn’t been great. Also Gary just seems to be one of those guys who plays better starting. He needs to be alongside our better players or else he ends up doing too much which in turn makes him look worse than he is. I also think our better players (starters) will be able to keep him in check a little better. Especially when Pascal comes back
        I think he will start once the real games get going.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Let's give it a bit more time for him to get integrated into the system and then see. The lineups he played in last season where this info was pulled from, were a shit show. And the defense is one of the harder ones to learn, just ask Baynes who still couldn't get it after a full season.

Comment

Yeah, but what's his KENTAVIOUSCALDWELL-POPE per 36??
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Just went back and watched the game focusing on SVI, I think he should be ahead of Gary Trent jr. Whether that’s as a starter or coming off the bench. His basketball IQ is really good

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                Just went back and watched the game focusing on SVI, I think he should be ahead of Gary Trent jr. Whether that’s as a starter or coming off the bench. His basketball IQ is really good
                I agree. At this point he should be getting minutes over Trent. Trent needs to really improve his play.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I agree. At this point he should be getting minutes over Trent. Trent needs to really improve his play.
                  You don’t pay a guy 17M and then play a guy making 10 times less over him, unless the 17M guy sucks really, really bad. That’s part of how decisions are made in pro sports.

Comment

You don’t pay a guy 17M and then play a guy making 10 times less over him, unless the 17M guy sucks really, really bad. That’s part of how decisions are made in pro sports.
                    Agreed, 2 games into preseason and he wants to write off the proven guy for basically an unknown quantity? Talk about jumping the gun. Especially for a streaky player like trent.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

Agreed, 2 games into preseason and he wants to write off the proven guy for basically an unknown quantity? Talk about jumping the gun. Especially for a streaky player like trent.
                      he didn't play in first game
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

not disagreeing

Comment

• Born January 18, 1999

22 years old

right at this very moment….still deprived of starter minutes and playing time as a result of whatever intentions they have for the 35 years old Goran Dragic

so please, anyone has to give their head a shake by ignoring how very young this player is and yet some are talking how elite Van Vleet is….

perspective

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                            Born January 18, 1999

22 years old

right at this very moment….still deprived of starter minutes and playing time as a result of whatever intentions they have for the 35 years old Goran Dragic

so please, anyone has to give their head a shake by ignoring how very young this player is and yet some are talking how elite Van Vleet is….

perspective
                            Yep don't really see a point for dragic to take minutes away from Gary. This is our young core, and we aren't going for a ring this year why not give the young guys ample time to improve and develop chemistry. Dragic can still be featured as a trade chip off the bench
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Overrated. Thinks his a great player..maybe in his dreams..pass the F#$% ball.
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• this is how the raptors should tell Trent to play

Comment

Working...
                                X