Everything Gary Trent Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Trent is being asked to guard the opponents' best players on most nights? Gosh, I must have missed a lot of the season.
    Their best wing, not necessarily the best player.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

it's still not true. that assignment goes to OG if he's healthy or barnes otherwise (who started on harden in game 1 and has guarded him more than any other raptor over the course of this season against both philly and the nets)

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Trent is being asked to guard the opponents' best players on most nights? Gosh, I must have missed a lot of the season.
        People are just making stuff up now to fit their narrative.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

it's still not true. that assignment goes to OG if he's healthy or barnes otherwise (who started on harden in game 1 and has guarded him more than any other raptor over the course of this season against both philly and the nets)
          Fair.
          But i guess it's because the Sixers started with Danny too.

Comment

....I am sorry when was this?

Last time I checked Scottie was guarding a lot of the opposing team's best players. Or OG. Look who guarded Tatum, Lebron James, etc. Most of the time the opposing team's best player is too big to have Trent guard them.

He guarded Tatum, brogdon, Doncic, Mobley, Durant (actually Durant he guarded the absolute most, Beal, ... I don't think I need to go on here.

I get it that you like Trent. But he isn't guarding the opposing team's best player. Often times he isn't even the primary point of attack defender.. that is usually Fred or OG.

Like I said before, he has moments of greatness but he is not and will not be consistent offensively. It is just his game. He tends to like to go for 1 on 2 and 1 on 3 isos when it isn't needed and misses out on scottie, pascal, just the open man at times. When he hits he hits and its the craziest thing ever... but it is a high variance type of play.

I am sure he was sick but that doesn't change the fact that he is a high variance player with his offensive output.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

He is 23 years and still has an unknown potential. He aint a 28 year old who already reaches their full potential. Those, you dont re-invest but you sell to get max return.
              His problem is consistency not the struggles of someone who doesn't have counters. Also, someone doesn't reach their full potential at age 28. Often times good players start reaching their prime at age 28 but that prime and potential continue to blossom ... typically between 28-32. Depending on the game some people like Lowry, and CP3, and others can have an extended prime or a resurgence but it isn't like someone hits age 28 and then they are done...

That said, someone who is 28 is usually showing .... stuff that is closer to their peak than someone who is 21 years old or 23 years old in theory but its also not just as cut and dry. Even then one has to keep in mind the idea that some ppl have put on a TON of miles on to their body by playing AAU. Which I don't want to get into my usual AAU rant but yeah. Others have not.

It isn't exactly a hot take to say that someone who is 21 years old has more to grow.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

His problem is consistency not the struggles of someone who doesn't have counters. Also, someone doesn't reach their full potential at age 28. Often times good players start reaching their prime at age 28 but that prime and potential continue to blossom ... typically between 28-32. Depending on the game some people like Lowry, and CP3, and others can have an extended prime or a resurgence but it isn't like someone hits age 28 and then they are done...

That said, someone who is 28 is usually showing .... stuff that is closer to their peak than someone who is 21 years old or 23 years old in theory but its also not just as cut and dry. Even then one has to keep in mind the idea that some ppl have put on a TON of miles on to their body by playing AAU. Which I don't want to get into my usual AAU rant but yeah. Others have not.

It isn't exactly a hot take to say that someone who is 21 years old has more to grow.
                I disagree, but I do agree somewhat….oh wait I actually disagree all of your posts. Damn I dont know exactly where I stand. So My apologies

Comment

I disagree, but I do agree somewhat….oh wait I actually disagree all of your posts. Damn I dont know exactly where I stand. So My apologies
                  *shrug*

development doesn't stop at age 28.

Let's be real you knew that.

Comment

*shrug*

development doesn't stop at age 28.

Let's be real you knew that.
                    Of course, I have high hopes of Boucher.

Comment

Of course, I have high hopes of Boucher.
                      Would have been funnier if you said birch.

Comment

Would have been funnier if you said birch.
                        Nah….that’s the arbiter and for you to somewhat agree

Comment

....I am sorry when was this?

Last time I checked Scottie was guarding a lot of the opposing team's best players. Or OG. Look who guarded Tatum, Lebron James, etc. Most of the time the opposing team's best player is too big to have Trent guard them.

He guarded Tatum, brogdon, Doncic, Mobley, Durant (actually Durant he guarded the absolute most, Beal, ... I don't think I need to go on here.

I get it that you like Trent. But he isn't guarding the opposing team's best player. Often times he isn't even the primary point of attack defender.. that is usually Fred or OG.

Like I said before, he has moments of greatness but he is not and will not be consistent offensively. It is just his game. He tends to like to go for 1 on 2 and 1 on 3 isos when it isn't needed and misses out on scottie, pascal, just the open man at times. When he hits he hits and its the craziest thing ever... but it is a high variance type of play.

I am sure he was sick but that doesn't change the fact that he is a high variance player with his offensive output.
                          Best wing player, bro.

not their best player.

Comment

Nah….that’s the arbiter and for you to somewhat agree
                            I will do what I always do.

Go back. Quote where I am hugely in favor of Birch being our saviour like your lover has stated.

Comment

Best wing player, bro.

not their best player.
                              Define wing. Does lebron not play on the wing.. same with tatum.

Comment

Define wing. Does lebron not play on the wing.. same with tatum.
                                Hey, I'm just clarifying Claw's statement.
                                I don't agree 100%, but just noticed some folks reading what he wrote as best 'player' instead of best 'wing'

Comment

Working...
                                X