Everything Gary Trent Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Teams are not trading a lottery pick - especially a top 10 pick for Trent. C'mon man.
    I just said I would be ok with that not to suggest that teams would do it.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind bringing this clown back next year.......as a 6th man. As a starting 2 guard? hell no. If you're a one trick phony like Trent then that one trick better be elite. Problem is that one trick is pretty mediocre as well. He'll score 30 one night and 6 the other night. Can't have that. The Raps have no option this year because he's the only SG they have. They gotta address that this offseason.

Remember when I said earlier in the year that they need a starting 2 guard more than a starting C? yeah...anyone still want to argue that?

I'll look at trading for someone like Cam Johnson. A 3D guard would be nice.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Bright future for Gary Trent Junior

23 years old well who can play at both ends of the court.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          I wouldn't mind bringing this clown back next year.......as a 6th man. As a starting 2 guard? hell no. If you're a one trick phony like Trent then that one trick better be elite. Problem is that one trick is pretty mediocre as well. He'll score 30 one night and 6 the other night. Can't have that. The Raps have no option this year because he's the only SG they have. They gotta address that this offseason.

Remember when I said earlier in the year that they need a starting 2 guard more than a starting C? yeah...anyone still want to argue that?

I'll look at trading for someone like Cam Johnson. A 3D guard would be nice.
          Fred is the SG, Barnes the PG, Precious the C, OG and Pascal the wings.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Fred is the SG, Barnes the PG, Precious the C, OG and Pascal the wings.
            Yes. That is an option as well.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
              Bright future for Gary Trent Junior

23 years old well who can play at both ends of the court.
              Get stronger in the summer.
              Come back like a Tyler Herro.

Comment

• Fred, Trent, Flynn for Mitchell and NAW?

Comment

• Don't tell me anymore that Gary Trent is good Defender..lol...Philly was chewing him up..horrible.
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Yeah, real rough final game from Gary in spite of his offence carrying us early. Philly went at him all night, he was the weak link, alongside Scottie, on the defensive end. Both young players, so you expect improvement, but Gary still has a long way to go to be a true two way player.

Lots of good signs from him this season, he brought significantly more disruptor energy on defence throughout the year. But his stay-in-front defence is an area he should be focusing on this off-season for sure.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                      Don't tell me anymore that Gary Trent is good Defender..lol...Philly was chewing him up..horrible.
                      You're being nice lol. Harden ate him alive.

Trent was never a good defender so I don't know where the "he's a good defender" narrative came from. I know Skip Bayless called him a 3D guy the other day. Is that where it came from? lol.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, real rough final game from Gary in spite of his offence carrying us early. Philly went at him all night, he was the weak link, alongside Scottie, on the defensive end. Both young players, so you expect improvement, but Gary still has a long way to go to be a true two way player.

Lots of good signs from him this season, he brought significantly more disruptor energy on defence throughout the year. But his stay-in-front defence is an area he should be focusing on this off-season for sure.
                        I watch my old team (Blazers) a lot and Trent has greatly improved each year he’s been in the league but he has always struggled against big wings that can handle the ball. That should not be an issue in Toronto with all the big forwards but Nurse was willing to let those switches happen.

Still think Trent is a good player who can help and he’s one of their very few scorers. Maybe he can shore that up going forward.

Comment

• Name one player who does a very good job defending Harden.
                          He knows every trick in the book to fish for fouls.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I watch my old team (Blazers) a lot and Trent has greatly improved each year he’s been in the league but he has always struggled against big wings that can handle the ball. That should not be an issue in Toronto with all the big forwards but Nurse was willing to let those switches happen.

Still think Trent is a good player who can help and he’s one of their very few scorers. Maybe he can shore that up going forward.
                            I thought the problem this game in particular was Trent couldn't stay in front of Maxey or Harden, and Nick tried to protect him from the big wing matchup so the Raps tried to avoid switching his actions (especially onto Embiid, unlike the rest of the lineup), which just opened up the 76ers to attack him in PnR, getting Harden free for creation and scoring.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                              Name one player who does a very good job defending Harden.
                              He knows every trick in the book to fish for fouls.
                              OG historically has been excellent defending Harden.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I thought the problem this game in particular was Trent couldn't stay in front of Maxey or Harden, and Nick tried to protect him from the big wing matchup so the Raps tried to avoid switching his actions (especially onto Embiid, unlike the rest of the lineup), which just opened up the 76ers to attack him in PnR, getting Harden free for creation and scoring.
                                It was Harden on Trent. That's what created all the problems that spiralled. Harden is pretty much the type of high level, bigger wing that Trent can't guard.

Comment

Working...
                                X