• Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    That's why I keep repeating this:
    OG 24
    GT Jr just turned 23
    Achiuwa 22
    Scottie 20

You either take advantage of Pascal and Fred this/next year (both just turned 28) or future signings/drafts/trades should revolve around this younger core with Fred traded and Pascal taking a secondary role.
    Of you do exactly what they did this season and fast track the young core as best you can so you can compete for a title with Pascal and Fred while they remain in their primes. Say 2 more years of development? Pascal and Fred would be 30 at this point. Then if find you can't compete still then you look at making a trade of one or both of those guys to compliment the young core.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
      That's why I keep repeating this:
      OG 24
      GT Jr just turned 23
      Achiuwa 22
      Scottie 20

You either take advantage of Pascal and Fred this/next year (both just turned 28) or future signings/drafts/trades should revolve around this younger core with Fred traded and Pascal taking a secondary role.
      Isn't that exactly what's happening?
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

which is not a great starting level guy... but Hield is also a VERY VERY VERY VERY good shooter all respect to him.
        There are players who you can easily tell are losing players. Hield is one of them. There's a reason he's never made the playoffs. Now, you can counter and say that he spent most of his career in Sacramento but whenever I watch Hield play I can tell he's not a guy I want on my team. Fournier the same thing.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I mean, you guys were calling Harden washed up just yesterday, no?

You guys creates all these silly narratives about these players like how Harden is washed up and how Trent is a good defender. Shouldn't a "good" defender like Trent be able to guard a "washed up" player like Harden?

Anyways, I agree with slaw. Harden on Trent. That's what created all the problems that spiralled. Trent couldn't guard him at all.
          Harden is washed up.
          He probably put everything on the line last night.

Watch how Miami will exploit him.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

OK fine, we can go by season over age. Neither Demar or Kawhi had made an all star game thru 4 seasons. Norm was nowhere near who is now. That's my point, not saying GTJ will ever be them, but to call him a finished product is beyond silly. Far more likely he's got room to grow.
            What could be Trent's ceiling?
            He's not really crafty and his footwork is average.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

What could be Trent's ceiling?
              He's not really crafty and his footwork is average.
              I'd be happy if Trent refined his 3pt shooting to be someone like a prime Danny Green or JJ Reddick because he already better at creating his own shot than those two guys. Maybe his ceiling is somewhere between those two guys and CJ?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I'd be happy if Trent refined his 3pt shooting to be someone like a prime Danny Green or JJ Reddick because he already better at creating his own shot than those two guys. Maybe his ceiling is somewhere between those two guys and CJ?
                CJ McCollum?
                We can be a force if he reaches that level.

Yeah, Reddick is the first guy that came to mind too.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

OK fine, we can go by season over age. Neither Demar or Kawhi had made an all star game thru 4 seasons. Norm was nowhere near who is now. That's my point, not saying GTJ will ever be them, but to call him a finished product is beyond silly. Far more likely he's got room to grow.
                  Most people say that you are who you are after your 4th year meaning if you've not shown any improvement from year 1 to year 4 then you are who you are.

I'm a Duke fan(because of Grant Hill) so I know Trent very well. He was Grayson Allen's backup. He was a chucker then he's a chucker now. He has not shown any improvement. His ppg are up because he took a hell of a lot more shots this year.

As for DeRozan, DD got better every year. Siakam the same thing. Norman Powell is another one. He's a completely different player now. Kawhi I didn't follow his early years with SA but I know he won the Finals MVP his 3rd year in the league. Trent? he's the exact player when he was at Duke.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Most people say that you are who you are after your 4th year meaning if you've not shown any improvement from year 1 to year 4 then you are who you are.

I'm a Duke fan(because of Grant Hill) so I know Trent very well. He was Grayson Allen's backup. He was a chucker then he's a chucker now. He has not shown any improvement. His ppg are up because he took a hell of a lot more shots this year.

As for DeRozan, DD got better every year. Siakam the same thing. Norman Powell is another one. He's a completely different player now. Kawhi I didn't follow his early years with SA but I know he won the Finals MVP his 3rd year in the league. Trent? he's the exact player when he was at Duke.
                    DeMar, Siakam and Kawhi were/are first options on the Raptors. I don't think anyone is saying Trent is that, but he can certainly be a really good role player. We need those guys too.

Comment

• I'm sorry, did u guys watch Gary Trent Jr in the playoffs, he is Trash, Philly was switching just 2 get him matched up, bad defender, communicator, his a chucker..his worse than Harden, the guy does not know how 2 pass, every shot is good shot.
                      I trade his ass in a second, if raptors can Rudy Golbert, Myles Turner..off course u would have 2 add some other pieces to get these guys.
                      I don't care how young he is, I don't like his game. He does not play team game, also..he quit in game 6, u can't have those kind of players on your team, ain't gonna work, good talent, but his not a winner.
                      Plus next year he can opt out, u can't pay him in the 25 to 30 million range..lol..PASS..Big time.
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

I think you should listen to Gary Trent Sr.'s interview with Will Lou... yup his Dad has some bias, but the interview goes into Trent Jr.'s high school resume, Duke stint, and his career with the Blazers. I don't think his time with Duke is indicative of what he is becoming with the Raptors.

Gary has just as much upside as OG.

Comment

great post, trent is a 6 man at best. i was hoping for a rip hamilton type player but his basketball IQ and foot work is no where near good enough. you can’t teach killer your born that way.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post

I think you should listen to Gary Trent Sr.'s interview with Will Lou... yup his Dad has some bias, but the interview goes into Trent Jr.'s high school resume, Duke stint, and his career with the Blazers. I don't think his time with Duke is indicative of what he is becoming with the Raptors.

Gary has just as much upside as OG.
                            everytime i think of OG i think poor mans corliss williamson. OG another one who’s basketball IQ is super low

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

everytime i think of OG i think poor mans corliss williamson. OG another one who’s basketball IQ is super low
                              Lol. OG has super low basketball IQ, unlike grindhouse. OG has forgotten more about sets and schemes than you could ever dream to absorb from your lazy boy recliner.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

leaving aside how abusrd it is to use the "poor mans" qualifier here because OG is already way better than corliss williamson ever was, can you explain just WTF you think they have in common?

corliss was an old school, slow footed and undersized power forward who operated almost exclusively in the post and guarded only other forwards, who attempted 44 three pointers in 822 games. OG operates mostly on the perimeter, attempted 6.6 threes per game this year, and can guard all 5 positions.

it's like you're just pulling names out of hats.

Comment

Working...
                                X