No announcement yet.

Everything Gary Trent Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning when to pass is something you can work on and hopefully Gary does and continues to improve his defense. If he develops that part, I'm okay with him not being a good finisher. He is meant to be a support player for Pascal and Scottie.
    Last edited by A.I; Sun May 1, 2022, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

that won't help him. that isn't is problem. Why do we want to turn him into demar?
      Demar is the midrange king and you don't want Gary to study his game?
      TGO basically said everything great on DeMar's evolution. Imagine Gary being able to get to his spots with ease, that would be an awesome complimentary piece to Scottie and Pascal.
      Last edited by Kagemusha; Sun May 1, 2022, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Demar is the midrange king and you don't want Gary to study his game?
        TGO basically said everything great on DeMar's evolution. Imagine Gary being able to get to his spots with ease, that would be an awesome complimentary piece to Scottie and Pascal.
        because we already have teams that will be better in the mid range. everyone keeps saying you have two guys that operate in the midrange and you want to add another? Gary tends to do hero ball and it just isn't good basketball.

Game 6 highlights
        https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?CF...EndPeriod=0&En dRange=28800&GameID=0042100136&PlayerID=1629018&Ra ngeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Playoffs&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0 & TeamID=1610612761&flag=3&sct=zone&section=game

Game 5 highlights
        https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?CF...EndPeriod=0&En dRange=28800&GameID=0042100135&PlayerID=1629018&Ra ngeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Playoffs&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0 & TeamID=1610612761&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

Watch every 2 pointer he takes whether he makes or misses.

Then go back game 6 and watch Hardens field goal attempts. Click on the box score from the link provided above and it will take you there then click FGA for Harden. Every single time he went at Trent. Same with his assists.

Comment

• I'm happy with Gary's progress. He puts the effort in on defense which was the concern with him. He'll improve on that end the longer he is a Raptor .

Like I said before. I want to see him get to the basket more next season so hope he works on his drives.

Comment

because we already have teams that will be better in the mid range. everyone keeps saying you have two guys that operate in the midrange and you want to add another? Gary tends to do hero ball and it just isn't good basketball.

Game 6 highlights
            https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?CF...EndPeriod=0&En dRange=28800&GameID=0042100136&PlayerID=1629018&Ra ngeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Playoffs&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0 & TeamID=1610612761&flag=3&sct=zone&section=game

Game 5 highlights
            https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?CF...EndPeriod=0&En dRange=28800&GameID=0042100135&PlayerID=1629018&Ra ngeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Playoffs&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0 & TeamID=1610612761&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

Watch every 2 pointer he takes whether he makes or misses.

Then go back game 6 and watch Hardens field goal attempts. Click on the box score from the link provided above and it will take you there then click FGA for Harden. Every single time he went at Trent. Same with his assists.
            I don't understand this post.
            we are talking about Gary's offense, not his defense.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I don't understand this post.
              we are talking about Gary's offense, not his defense.
              If you click on his the links you will see Gary's offence.

Comment

• Am I mistaken that nurse said earlier in the season that they thought Trent could be the best perimeter defender in the league? I think he was referring to why they traded for him. If they really do believe he has that potential, then I doubt they move him unless for really great player.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                  Am I mistaken that nurse said earlier in the season that they thought Trent could be the best perimeter defender in the league? I think he was referring to why they traded for him. If they really do believe he has that potential, then I doubt they move him unless for really great player.
                  you have a press conference for that? but also Mitchell is a great player

Comment

you have a press conference for that? but also Mitchell is a great player
                    Donovan Mitchell? Uh, great is a little strong...

I recall Nick saying that too, but it was in the same way that they say that about all their guys. Little bit of public motivation for Gary. I don't think Nick deludes himself into actually believing that, but using that as a way to get Gary to provide decent defensive value via high energy and effort, that's just good coaching.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Donovan Mitchell? Uh, great is a little strong...

I recall Nick saying that too, but it was in the same way that they say that about all their guys. Little bit of public motivation for Gary. I don't think Nick deludes himself into actually believing that, but using that as a way to get Gary to provide decent defensive value via high energy and effort, that's just good coaching.
                      you don't think Donovan Mitchell is good?

Comment

• Gary’s room for improvement is consistency. 1 in 5 games he would play like an all star then disappear for a week.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                          Gary’s room for improvement is consistency. 1 in 5 games he would play like an all star then disappear for a week.
                          I'd add Precious to that list as well. If both those guys become a bit more consistent then we're better than the 48 win team we were this season.

If we can add a vet guard who can provide some depth then we're onto something. Just to throw a name out there, I think Rubio might be a good fit if we can get him for cheap.

Comment

you don't think Donovan Mitchell is good?
                            Hmm. Not sure where you are getting that. Good is about right. I believe the term you used and I disagreed with is "great."
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I'd add Precious to that list as well. If both those guys become a bit more consistent then we're better than the 48 win team we were this season.

If we can add a vet guard who can provide some depth then we're onto something. Just to throw a name out there, I think Rubio might be a good fit if we can get him for cheap.
                              I’m very wary about these types of point guards like Rubio or Tyus Jones that are being named mainly bc they thrive off running a traditional offence centred around plenty of pick and rolls.

We hardly do that and focus much more on hunting mismatches and exploiting them, which those players can’t really do at all.

Comment

• I guess that falls into do you want to push further into the style we’re going for or pick up different profiles to have more options.

There is a good chance we try the second, realize those options are sub optimal for our key players, and those players you brought in for those options are deemed useless though.

Comment

Working...
                                X