Everything Gary Trent Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Well not to harp on it, I'm not saying it's got to be Rubio or nobody, but it's not like Raps rest their entire starting unit and bring 5 bench guys in right. There will always be ways to have some scorers around him.

Also, Rubio would be a short term addition while we bring Banton/Flynn/future back up along.
    if I was Cleveland i'd hold on to him

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

if I was Cleveland i'd hold on to him
      He's not on Cleveland and is a UFA.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        And Sarver has a reputation of being cheap over the years.
        Among other things...

Comment

He's not on Cleveland and is a UFA.
          oh shoot I forgot.

Comment

• So Trent is calling himself a 2 way tough shot maker now? lmao dude knows free agency is coming. He wants to get paid!

Not even sure if he's a 1 way player because we know how unreliable he is offensively. Defensively? I remember a "washed up" James Harden schooling him in the playoffs last year. And no, just because you're one of the league leaders in steals doesn't mean you're a great defensive player.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Last edited by LJ2; Sat Jul 23, 2022, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Yay, it worked. Thanks Mars!

Comment

Hard to dispute the facts.
                  I hope this silences the haters.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Hard to dispute the facts.
                    I hope this silences the haters.
                    I was most surprised with his very good TS%, 3rd overall in that group at 62.9%

Gary only turned 23 this year. I can wait to see some added maturity this year in his game. He still wont be a finished product, but slight improvements in decision making with the ball and defensive discipline will make me happy.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Unfortunately with a guy like Gary that's probably just sample noise. Like, if it's talent, he should be putting up even better efficiency against worse defences. But he's not. So it's likely just capturing some random hot vs cold streaks throughout the year since he's so heavily a jump shooter.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Unfortunately with a guy like Gary that's probably just sample noise. Like, if it's talent, he should be putting up even better efficiency against worse defences. But he's not. So it's likely just capturing some random hot vs cold streaks throughout the year since he's so heavily a jump shooter.
                        that is the thing he doesn't drive to the hoop and doesn't go to the free throw line so when you take out his january streak it looks a lot worse

Comment

Unfortunately with a guy like Gary that's probably just sample noise. Like, if it's talent, he should be putting up even better efficiency against worse defences. But he's not. So it's likely just capturing some random hot vs cold streaks throughout the year since he's so heavily a jump shooter.
                          Better efficiency from both of our guard spots is something I'm hoping for this season. Sub 42% from the field for both Gary and Freddy is kind of ugly.

Still it's nice to see Gary on the list when he probably had no reason being there.

Comment

What about the other “talented” guys? Shouldn’t they be dominating worse defences? Your theory doesn’t check out for Lebron, for example.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

What about the other “talented” guys? Shouldn’t they be dominating worse defences? Your theory doesn’t check out for Lebron, for example.
                              I think it's noise for them too. Sampling like this is usually noise. Gary's just particularly prone to noisy samples since his shots are even higher variance than the average.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 39% career 3 point shooter on high volume. Joined the Raps during the shit show Tampa season, dealt with teammates being injured and roster construction last year. Will have a full training camp with a good core of hopefully a healthy squad.

While he may not score 18ppg this year I can see 15 on better splits.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X