Everything Gary Trent Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper

Last edited by Kagemusha; Mon Jul 25, 2022, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
      Keeper

hard to have turnovers if you never pass and only shoot

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Facts lol.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Isn't that what catch and shoot players do?

Comment

Not true. Often guys who force shots often get in trouble and get stripped or travel as they try to get a difficult shot off. Gary is no ball mover, but he is not a complete black hole.

While 2 assists per game is low, especially for a guard, we have guys on the team like Boucher who in 2021/22 was at 0.3 assists per game in over 20 minutes per and OG who is a career 1.4 assist per game guy in over 26 min per.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

Not true. Often guys who force shots often get in trouble and get stripped or travel as they try to get a difficult shot off. Gary is no ball mover, but he is not a complete black hole.

While 2 assists per game is low, especially for a guard, we have guys on the team like Boucher who in 2021/22 was at 0.3 assists per game in over 20 minutes per and OG who is a career 1.4 assist per game guy in over 26 min per.
              Klay is only 0.8 assist better per game.
              Maybe he is a bad player too?
              Last edited by Kagemusha; Mon Jul 25, 2022, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Stole my words right out my mouth.
                Imagine this guy stays and his a free agent this upcoming year, u think anyone is gonna get the ball, better move him before it's 2 late, he will make raptors offensive look so iso..u gonna b so sick of hearing his name, u would think his Freddy Vanvleet...I kidding.. but u get the picture.
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

Stole my words right out my mouth.
                  Imagine this guy stays and his a free agent this upcoming year, u think anyone is gonna get the ball, better move him before it's 2 late, he will make raptors offensive look so iso..u gonna b so sick of hearing his name, u would think his Freddy Vanvleet...I kidding.. but u get the picture.
                  OR
                  he can improve his game and be a better playmaker to show off.

Comment

OR
                    he can improve his game and be a better playmaker to show off.
                    He plays shooting guard... not passing guard. lol.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Exactly. Lol
                      and folks here complain about his lack of assists

Comment

Exactly. Lol
                        and folks here complain about his lack of assists
                        Not so much assists, but he does need to get better at finding the pass to the open man when its there instead of taking a contested shot.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Not so much assists, but he does need to get better at finding the pass to the open man when its there instead of taking a contested shot.
                          I agree.
                          but then perhaps Klay (.547 TS% , 2.8 assists) has to be better too.
                          Gary = .546 TS%, 2 assists

https://insider.espn.com/nba/holling.../_/position/sg
                          Last edited by Kagemusha; Mon Jul 25, 2022, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• I like that the only thing I've heard related to Trent so for this off season is Scotties' tweet about Trent making the all defense team this season. It's far fetched I realize, but a pretty good indicator of what the coaching staff have asked him to work on and what Trent is focused on.

If he can be a good defender by Toronto Raptors' standards its going to be huge. I can't wait to find out if he starts or not next season.

Comment

• This team goes through so many dry spells not sure how you can criticize trent. We need a shoot first guy. And we need more of them not less. Sometimes in the playoffs it seems everyone on the team is afraid to shoot except trent. Again my favourite part about him is he doesnt shrink in the big moments. These type of guys you keep for playoffs

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

whats your point... dude doesn't pass at all and makes bad offensive decisions at times. I can appreciate the role he plays and still be aware that he could pass more and make better decisions. I am not expecting him to initiate offence like barnes, or siakam... but he still can be significantly better about recognizing the bad options that are on the floor in front of him literally.

There were many times last year when he could have passed the ball to someone open but opted to drive against two or three defenders.. if you have two guys on you or more.. someone is wide open simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                                X