Everything Gary Trent Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    They also may drop the vax issue at the border soon.
    They should coz it doesn't make any sense.

Comment

• I keep watching the Rico runs and Trent has been looking good out there. They matched up vs. a squad with Steph Curry, Trae Young, and Michael Porter Jr. and cooked them easily. Trent hit kick out 3's, shot faked Trae out his shorts for a pullup, and created his own shot off the bounce, The ball was not sticking either, if he didn't have something he moved it quick. The lineup was Trent, Scottie, Pascal, Boucher, and Koloko.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Not sure if Nick is there but he is basically having Rico Hines experiment with all of the lineup possibilities during the off season now lol

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
          Not sure if Nick is there but he is basically having Rico Hines experiment with all of the lineup possibilities during the off season now lol
          I picture Nick there on the sidelines in disguise ....

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
            Not sure if Nick is there but he is basically having Rico Hines experiment with all of the lineup possibilities during the off season now lol
            Of course, Rico Hines is all Nurse’s creation. He doesn’t need to be there to take the credit.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Of course, Rico Hines is all Nurse’s creation. He doesn’t need to be there to take the credit.

Comment

• Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                  I keep watching the Rico runs and Trent has been looking good out there. They matched up vs. a squad with Steph Curry, Trae Young, and Michael Porter Jr. and cooked them easily. Trent hit kick out 3's, shot faked Trae out his shorts for a pullup, and created his own shot off the bounce, The ball was not sticking either, if he didn't have something he moved it quick. The lineup was Trent, Scottie, Pascal, Boucher, and Koloko.
                  Are you prepared to pay Trent Jr., 4/$120 similar to Barrett, Herro and less than Poole? Do you believe Trent Jr., will be a top 5 SG?

Comment

• Code:

Season      Age  Tm Pos   G  GS   MP  FG  FGA 3PA  3P%  2P%  FT% TRB AST STL BLK TOV  PTS
                    2018-19      20 POR  SG  15   1  7.4 1.1  3.3 1.4 .238 .379 .429 0.7 0.3 0.1 0.1 0.3  2.7
                    2019-20      21 POR  SF  61   8 21.8 3.2  7.2 4.4 .418 .486 .822 1.6 1.0 0.8 0.3 0.3  8.9
                    2020-21      22 TOT  SG  58  38 31.1 5.5 13.5 7.4 .385 .435 .783 2.6 1.4 1.0 0.2 0.7 15.3
                    2020-21      22 POR  SG  41  23 30.8 5.3 12.8 7.4 .397 .438 .773 2.2 1.4 0.9 0.1 0.8 15.0
                    2020-21      22 TOR  SG  17  15 31.8 6.1 15.4 7.3 .355 .431 .806 3.6 1.3 1.1 0.2 0.7 16.2
                    2021-22      23 TOR  SG  70  69 35.0 6.4 15.5 7.8 .383 .445 .853 2.7 2.0 1.7 0.3 1.0 18.3
                    Career                  204 116 27.9 4.8 11.6 6.2 .389 .447 .820 2.2 1.4 1.1 0.2 0.7 13.5

3 seasons           POR 117  32 23.1 3.7  8.7 5.1 .401 .454 .772 1.7 1.1 0.7 0.2 0.5 10.2
                    2 seasons           TOR  87  84 34.3 6.4 15.5 7.7 .378 .442 .847 2.9 1.9 1.6 0.3 1.0 17.9
                    Provided by Basketball-Reference.com: View Original Table
                    Generated 10/16/2022.

Gary Trent Junior will get the what he deserves based on the numbers he has shown in the early years of his career.

P.S. He is far from being a chucker, far from being a one-trick pony and definitely far from being a hot garbage….hottakes from a couple of posters here in this forum who’s opinions have ZERO worth to the majority of Raptors Republic and most definitely to those who makes decisions about his market value.
                    Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Sun Oct 16, 2022, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• In relation to what I stated above….the collective opinion of the majority of posters welcoming GTJ to the fold would support it.

First few pages of this thread says a lot how knowledgeable this joint is….great job.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post

Are you prepared to pay Trent Jr., 4/$120 similar to Barrett, Herro and less than Poole? Do you believe Trent Jr., will be a top 5 SG?
                        I will be honest... I would rather have Barrett than Trent especially at Barretts number but I don't think that is an option that is available without taking back Fournier and including another big salary .... which likely isn't worth it.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post

Trent doesn't need to be a top 5 SG to be worth something near 30M or so.

I suspect his market is a little cooler than that. But mid to high twenties is just fine, even if his future is a supersub. Can't do it for the term of his deal, but to hold onto him and move him (or someone else) eventually, it's enough value that they wouldn't be looking at a negative asset.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Good as Gone...Look at contracts, yikes..
                            I would put Freddy in the same boat..Bye Bye..
                            Your gonna pay Freddy 35 million and Trent 30 million...lol..
                            Build around Scottie, Siakim, OG..Trade those 2 guys and try 2 get Shai Gilgeous Alexander who is signed and locked in and his good money compared 2 all these clowns getting overpaid.

Hunter 4 years at 95 million..wtf..his ok player, but damn..
                            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                              Good as Gone...Look at contracts, yikes..
                              I would put Freddy in the same boat..Bye Bye..
                              Your gonna pay Freddy 35 million and Trent 30 million...lol..
                              Build around Scottie, Siakim, OG..Trade those 2 guys and try 2 get Shai Gilgeous Alexander who is signed and locked in and his good money compared 2 all these clowns getting overpaid.

Hunter 4 years at 95 million..wtf..his ok player, but damn..
                              Raps have 102M committed to 9 guys next year.

Tax currently projected at 162M, but cap has been outrunning projections, could be as high as 165M.

5 guys to sign, means something like 3 guys at 2M a pop, leaving 57M to combine between Fred and Trent.

57M as the base salary on a 5 year max raise deal means a combined AAV of... 66.1M. So, 35M a year for Fred and 30M a year for Gary - check. Can fit under the tax next year, then worry about the year after once that is done. That may well mean trading one of those two (I very much suspect it will) but hard to believe it would be both of them, and it doesn't have to be before this summer.

The following year is trickier. Assuming the above re-signings of Fred and Trent, you have 85M committed to 5 players. Three key re-signings (Pascal, OG, Precious), so 6 minimum salaries as a best case for flexibility. That's 97M, with a tax line of (again, assuming the max cap runaway as has been happening of late) 182M. 85M to split between those three. Tricky. Pascal's max will be (assuming no supermax eligibility, though it's not particularly unlikely) 45M. OG's max about 37M. Precious needs more than 10M for sure, likely near 20M, could be more depending on the interim - nevermind the 3M left over here. In any case, by then you likely have to offload Trent or Fred or someone else or be ready to pay a pretty significant tax bill. Heck, maybe they bite the bullet at that point knowing that they'd struggle to hit the tax line the following year when the cap is likely to spike.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Unless they find a trade for Gary, I foresee them resigning him, Raps management does not like losing assets... This is a big year for him, hopefully we can see some more consistency and a little bit of play making.

Comment

Working...
                                X