Everything Gary Trent Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    Unless they find a trade for Gary, I foresee them resigning him, Raps management does not like losing assets... This is a big year for him, hopefully we can see some more consistency and a little bit of play making.
    Well, no management team likes losing assets so a trade or resign are safe assumptions.

You're right it is a big year for him and I think he gives you a bit more consistency on both ends that you're looking for. Natural progression and the roster being more balanced should allow him to slip into a more stable role.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      Unless they find a trade for Gary, I foresee them resigning him, Raps management does not like losing assets... This is a big year for him, hopefully we can see some more consistency and a little bit of play making.
      This management just let Kawhi and Gasol walk tho

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

you don't think the team preferred to keep kawhi?

Comment

Well, they didn't "let" Kawhi walk. Gasol, sure, he was pretty much done, as was Serge.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

We gave Kawhi a super max offer, quite the opposite of letting him walk.

Gasol was washed so we let him go, which was the correct move.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Raps have 102M committed to 9 guys next year.

Tax currently projected at 162M, but cap has been outrunning projections, could be as high as 165M.

5 guys to sign, means something like 3 guys at 2M a pop, leaving 57M to combine between Fred and Trent.

57M as the base salary on a 5 year max raise deal means a combined AAV of... 66.1M. So, 35M a year for Fred and 30M a year for Gary - check. Can fit under the tax next year, then worry about the year after once that is done. That may well mean trading one of those two (I very much suspect it will) but hard to believe it would be both of them, and it doesn't have to be before this summer.

The following year is trickier. Assuming the above re-signings of Fred and Trent, you have 85M committed to 5 players. Three key re-signings (Pascal, OG, Precious), so 6 minimum salaries as a best case for flexibility. That's 97M, with a tax line of (again, assuming the max cap runaway as has been happening of late) 182M. 85M to split between those three. Tricky. Pascal's max will be (assuming no supermax eligibility, though it's not particularly unlikely) 45M. OG's max about 37M. Precious needs more than 10M for sure, likely near 20M, could be more depending on the interim - nevermind the 3M left over here. In any case, by then you likely have to offload Trent or Fred or someone else or be ready to pay a pretty significant tax bill. Heck, maybe they bite the bullet at that point knowing that they'd struggle to hit the tax line the following year when the cap is likely to spike.
              Hold on second.
              Raptors are gonna pay the luxury...lol..we're talking about MLS, they ain't paying tax.
              When have they done that, Ever..Never.
              Honestly I be careful giving players who are in there 30s, giving them big contracts.
              Especially Freddy, his a injury prone walking, every year his hurt, also this would benefit of him not being here and let Scottie be the man, as long as Freddy is here, he will never be what we all believe.
              Scottie needs the ball, everybody say play Freddy off ball, well u gotta play other end, sure Freddy plays hard, u c it, his small for sg. If it was me I would move him and get that guy we all wanted. Shai Gilgeous Alexander, also I keep OG, this guy bugs me, but he has talent 2 be great, maybe this year he will show finally what we all been waiting for..his the only guy if we move him, will regret..his got that Kawli thing, I don't know.
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

Masai just let Kawhi go when there was a perfectly reasonable solution, according to Kag.

Comment

Sign and trade?
                  i know it's almost impossible to deal with a robot, but not even a 4th rounder back?
                  Kawhi is still my favorite player but his decision to just leave for that crappy team still pisses me off
                  Last edited by Kagemusha; Tue Oct 18, 2022, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Sign and trade?
                    i know it's almost impossible to deal with a robot, but not even a 4th rounder back?
                    Kawhi is still my favorite player but his decision to just leave for that crappy team still pisses me off
                    By the time they got the Paul George trade completed, there wasn't a whole lot left that the Clippers wanted to give up and/or that we wanted to take, as I recall.

Comment

Sign and trade?
                      Sign and trades only work when the team you're hoping to trade with needs to off-load salary. With the PG deal, Clips were able to take Kawhi in outright.

You can't expect Masai to swing a sign and trade when there's literally zero reason for the other side to partake.

We got lucky as hell that, with the marginal amount of cap Miami was looking to maneuver, they unwittingly handed us our future starting centre.

Kagemusha wrote: View Post

This is just an utterly ridiculous take.

Comment

Nah. We chartered a plane to make sure that bum left the country, if I recall correctly.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Nah. We chartered a plane to make sure that bum left the country, if I recall correctly.
                          Ka-bye

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

Hold on second.
                            Raptors are gonna pay the luxury...lol..we're talking about MLS, they ain't paying tax.
                            When have they done that, Ever..Never.
                            Honestly I be careful giving players who are in there 30s, giving them big contracts.
                            Especially Freddy, his a injury prone walking, every year his hurt, also this would benefit of him not being here and let Scottie be the man, as long as Freddy is here, he will never be what we all believe.
                            Scottie needs the ball, everybody say play Freddy off ball, well u gotta play other end, sure Freddy plays hard, u c it, his small for sg. If it was me I would move him and get that guy we all wanted. Shai Gilgeous Alexander, also I keep OG, this guy bugs me, but he has talent 2 be great, maybe this year he will show finally what we all been waiting for..his the only guy if we move him, will regret..his got that Kawli thing, I don't know.
                            I guess you missed the championship season when they paid a pretty substantial (though not near the Warriors craziness) tax bill. They pay the tax when it makes sense. It rarely does.

The rest of your suggestions are moderately crazy. Fred can't guard PGs on defence while playing off ball on offence? You think OKC flips Shai for what exactly? Fred's not really injury prone, I guess if you assume we drive him into the ground playing 40 minutes a night every year, sure.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I guess you missed the championship season when they paid a pretty substantial (though not near the Warriors craziness) tax bill. They pay the tax when it makes sense. It rarely does.

The rest of your suggestions are moderately crazy. Fred can't guard PGs on defence while playing off ball on offence? You think OKC flips Shai for what exactly? Fred's not really injury prone, I guess if you assume we drive him into the ground playing 40 minutes a night every year, sure.
                              Fred's availability isn't the worst, but it's not good either. Last 4 seasons, he's consistently below 70 games.

64/82
                              54/72
                              52/82
                              65/82

Also, it's funny how when I compared Nurse minutes management to Thibs, 3 years ago, everybody had a fit. Now it's accepted as fact.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Sign and trades only work when the team you're hoping to trade with needs to off-load salary. With the PG deal, Clips were able to take Kawhi in outright.

You can't expect Masai to swing a sign and trade when there's literally zero reason for the other side to partake.

We got lucky as hell that, with the marginal amount of cap Miami was looking to maneuver, they unwittingly handed us our future starting centre.

This is just an utterly ridiculous take.
                                Why would Ballmer not partake on a Kawhi deal?

Comment

Working...
                                X