Everything Gary Trent Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

If Gary does stay 6th man, then I have to say that Nurse finessed it beautifully. He used injuries as an excuse to sneak Trent onto the bench with Scottie (to lessen the ego blow)... basically the first chance he got to do it.
    It's genius lol.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yeah, JV definitely comes to mind as a guy who lost his quickness after bulking up. Not sure who was training him back then, but that was a mistake. Hard to say if it's the ankles or bulk that's making Scottie look a step slower this year. He didn't need to bulk up, because he had an NBA body last year and was easily bullying vets. He just needed to do some light muscle toning and yoga (with Hakeem).
      100%.
      He would have focused on explosiveness and lateral quickness instead

Comment

• Lol…genius my ass said the bunny

Poor Nick

Comment

Yeah, JV definitely comes to mind as a guy who lost his quickness after bulking up. Not sure who was training him back then, but that was a mistake. Hard to say if it's the ankles or bulk that's making Scottie look a step slower this year. He didn't need to bulk up, because he had an NBA body last year and was easily bullying vets. He just needed to do some light muscle toning and yoga (with Hakeem).
          It may even be unintentional bulking. Like that friend who hits the gym for the first time in his life and starts putting on muscle like crazy cause he has the genetics for it. Muscles mature with age so this could just be a part of Scottie going from boy to a man. Hopefully if this is the case they identify now and adjust his workout program like you said.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

It may even be unintentional bulking. Like that friend who hits the gym for the first time in his life and starts putting on muscle like crazy cause he has the genetics for it. Muscles mature with age so this could just be a part of Scottie going from boy to a man. Hopefully if this is the case they identify now and adjust his workout program like you said.
            Forced bulking can also put stress on the joints and tendons, perhaps the reason why he is very injury prone this year

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Forced bulking can also put stress on the joints and tendons, perhaps the reason why he is very injury prone this year
              Core strength is where the focus is starting to be which is the better way to gain weight.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                Lol…genius my ass said the bunny

Poor Nick

Comment

Lol…genius my ass said the bunny

Poor Nick

Comment

Hilarious tradition. Lol

Comment

Hilarious tradition. Lol
                      Gary had a great game off the bench and logged 35 minutes. No idea what the hell Claw is complaining about.

Comment

• If this were my roster I would be Starting Koloko and Trent with Scottie as the sub. I like the traditional set of the the starting 5 man rotation. I feel that having the spacing of Trent, FVV, ang OG opens the floor better for Pascal to operate and have the team get off to a quicker start. Also better spacing for Kolko to be used as a roll man.

Barnes comes in for anyone who may be in early foul trouble or subs out Koloko at the 5-6 minute mark. I love Scottie's long term potential but he is still young and relatively inexperienced, and it's been showing lately .
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                          If this were my roster I would be Starting Koloko and Trent with Scottie as the sub. I like the traditional set of the the starting 5 man rotation. I feel that having the spacing of Trent, FVV, ang OG opens the floor better for Pascal to operate and have the team get off to a quicker start. Also better spacing for Kolko to be used as a roll man.

Barnes comes in for anyone who may be in early foul trouble or subs out Koloko at the 5-6 minute mark. I love Scottie's long term potential but he is still young and relatively inexperienced, and it's been showing lately .
                          One problem with that is Koloko will be matching up with the opponent's best center. He will be feasted on and foul out by Q2.
                          i like Boucher better.

Comment

One problem with that is Koloko will be matching up with the opponent's best center. He will be feasted on and foul out by Q2.
                            i like Boucher better.
                            The thing is I don't care if he does foul out. He would never be my closer but his short shifts to start the 1st and 3rd quarters would keep guys like Boucher, Young, and Barnes in a regular and comfortable rotation spot off the bench.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

The thing is I don't care if he does foul out. He would never be my closer but his short shifts to start the 1st and 3rd quarters would keep guys like Boucher, Young, and Barnes in a regular and comfortable rotation spot off the bench.
                              Ok, l get that.
                              I hope the coach does that.
                              And also cut Fred and Pascal's playing time. OG's too. ( Perhaps when Precious comes back.)

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Gary had a great game off the bench and logged 35 minutes. No idea what the hell Claw is complaining about.
                                I think he's referring to bringing Gary off the bench not having fixed the problems people perceived it would. In fact it has backfired since they are currently playing even worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X