Everything Gary Trent Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shredder wrote: View Post

I think there are instances that you trade both, but not necessarily to the same team. I think the question is does management think we are going to retool or rebuild.

If they think retool, then I think you're right, they package two really good players for a better player with a better fit.

If they think rebuild, then potentially they trade Trent for some young players and Fred for a younger player and a pick.

Say hypothetically
    Trent to GS for Kuminga and Wiseman
    Fred to Chicago for Williams, White and a pick.

Obviously there are hundreds of different scenarios.

Both Fred and Gary want a huge raise and term this off-season. That's why they're in trade discussions.

If Gary was signed for 2 more years we wouldn't be considering moving him. Same with Fred.

If we were on the cusp then we keep them. Unfortunately we stink, and paying a ton to keep a stinky roster together is stupid.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Both Fred and Gary want a huge raise and term this off-season. That's why they're in trade discussions.

If Gary was signed for 2 more years we wouldn't be considering moving him. Same with Fred.

If we were on the cusp then we keep them. Unfortunately we stink, and paying a ton to keep a stinky roster together is stupid.
      Agree. We need to re-stock with as many picks and prospects on rookie/value contracts as we can. We also need clear cap space to absorb bad contracts to get more picks & prospects. Not adding big, long contracts. Hopefully we can also tank to our own top 7 pick, at least. It’s overdue to replenish the well.

Indy is an example of a very quick 1-yr rebuild. No guarantees it will pan out, but they’re definitely a young team with exciting upside.

This Raptors team feels about as stuck-in-the-middle as it gets.

Comment

• Let's go!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Knicks are now rumored to be interested in Trent. They have four 1sts this year.

Knicks
          Dallas top 10 protected
          Detroit top 18 protected
          Wizards top 14 protected

The Knicks and Dallas pick will convert this year.

They are looking to make a deal to improve their playoff chances.

Trent for

Rose (Salary filler)
          Quickley (Prospect)
          2023 1st round pick

I think that's a great deal for both sides. Would need some bargaining over what pick we get from them. Theirs, or Dallas pick.

Comment

Knicks are now rumored to be interested in Trent. They have four 1sts this year.

Knicks
            Dallas top 10 protected
            Detroit top 18 protected
            Wizards top 14 protected

Trent for

Rose (Salary filler)
            Quickley (Prospect)
            2023 1st round pick

I think that's a great deal for both sides. Would need some bargaining over what pick we get from them. Theirs, or Dallas pick.
            I like that trade.

Suns also interested in GTJ.

https://www.si.com/fannation/nba/fas...-gary-trent-jr

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I like that trade.

Suns also interested in GTJ.

https://www.si.com/fannation/nba/fas...-gary-trent-jr
              Suns don't have a good prospect to include in the deal. Their pick this year could be decent though.

Comment

Knicks are now rumored to be interested in Trent. They have four 1sts this year.

Knicks
                Dallas top 10 protected
                Detroit top 18 protected
                Wizards top 14 protected

Trent for

Rose (Salary filler)
                Quickley (Prospect)
                2023 1st round pick

Eric Koreen stole your trade. lmao.

To Knicks: Trent

To Raptors: Derrick Rose (one year, $14.52 million, plus team option for 2023-24), Immanuel Quickley (two years, $6.49 million, RFA in 2024),
                worse of Mavericks/Knicks 2023 first-round pick

The Knicks view: I don’t see the Knicks doing this one, especially with the way Quickley is starting to turn it on. He’s become New York’s best team
                defender on the perimeter. Trent is a quality scorer and shooter. He can get hot. But I’m not sure that’s what the Knicks need, especially considering
                there’s a chance he could end up a rental if he chooses not to pick up his player option this summer. Quickley, on the other hand, is still on a rookie
                contract for the next year and a half. — Fred Katz
                https://theathletic.com/4082014/2023...et-gary-trent/

Comment

• The Knicks deal is something that would be a great flip. If we can get another scoring guard with upside ala the original norm trade plus a 1st rounder we should jump at it
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Eric Koreen stole your trade. lmao.

https://theathletic.com/4082014/2023...et-gary-trent/
                    If Knicks don't wanna include Quickley I'll take Grimes instead. Fine with either of those guys coming back.

Comment

If Knicks don't wanna include Quickley I'll take Grimes instead. Fine with either of those guys coming back.
                      would you take back fournier if it meant an additional pick?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

would you take back fournier if it meant an additional pick?
                        Yes I probably would.

Comment

• Happy 24th Birthday GTJr, not sure how long we'll know ya'

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                            Happy 24th Birthday GTJr, not sure how long we'll know ya'
                            Happy 24th to this future former Raptor.
                            You are what this team needs but also what this team needs to give away.

Comment

• SN:
                              In 16 games since returning to the lineup, he’s averaging 21.4 points a game, shooting 41.1 per cent from three — on nearly eight attempts a game — and collecting 2.1 steals a game.

For context, the only players in league history to average three threes a game and two steals a game while shooting better than 40 per cent from deep for an entire season are Steph Curry during his consecutive MVP seasons in 2014-15 and 2015-16 and Paul George in 2017-18 when he was third-team all-NBA.

Not to suggest that Trent Jr. will hit those marks for an entire season, just that the five-year veteran is playing at an exceptionally high level.

Comment

• I'm thinking hte likelihood that the Raptors trade Fred instead of GTJr is narrowing. Of course they could always do nothign of significance and sell shat as shineola "we believe in what we have hea rand want to give the players to opportunity blah blah BS"

SN:
                                Which is one reason Trent Jr. is thought to be available at the deadline: if Toronto isn’t ready to sign him to a contract well north of $100 million, the thinking goes, the Raptors need to trade him so they don’t lose one of their starters and best three-point shooters — something the Raptors are don’t have a surplus of — for no return.

But the reverse is also true: the chances of the Raptors finding a player as good or better than Trent Jr. — an elite shooter at just 24 years old — via trade is slim, and there is almost no chance of replacing his production if he leaves in free agency.

In that context, it is in some ways more likely that the Raptors sign Trent Jr. than trade him before the end of the current road trip on in the days thereafter.

Comment

Working...
                                X