Everything Gary Trent Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    It's really hard 2 watch this guys game and cheer for him, even last night's game, I shake my head....
    Lecture them Lecter.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Jakob has proven that we don’t need Fred at the $30M+ price tag he’s looking for. Jakob elevates Fred and the whole team, so all we need is a lower cost, lower USG, 3&D PG.

That also gives Scottie and OG the extra touches they’ll be demanding next year. I’d rather overpay Jakob, tbh, since he’s the guy unlocking the potential of this roster. Fred doesn’t elevate lower cost guys, like Lowry did, and we’re going to have a bench filled with minimum salary guys if we run this group back.
      I mean by that logic Fred is also unlocking Jak, isn't he? I haven't checked Jak's stats before and after the trade but he's had some monster games playing with Fred. Can't say I know what the Raps' record is with Jak but doubt it's anything special, however the last couple of wins have come when Fred plays well. May not get those performances from a lower cost, lower USG PG.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I mean by that logic Fred is also unlocking Jak, isn't he? I haven't checked Jak's stats before and after the trade but he's had some monster games playing with Fred. Can't say I know what the Raps' record is with Jak but doubt it's anything special, however the last couple of wins have come when Fred plays well. May not get those performances from a lower cost, lower USG PG.
        In Jakob's last 3 full seasons in San Antonio, he led the Spurs in On/Off net rating (for all players > 1000 minutes). He hit +9.6 and +10.3 on/off net ratings twice... which is spectacular. He's doing the same floor raising here with the Raps (thanks to Pop's development). It's not a coincidence. The first half of this season with the Spurs was the exception.

Jakob IS the tide lifting ALL boats, especially Fred's. Make no mistake. It's not Fred.

Comment

In Jakob's last 3 full seasons in San Antonio, he led the Spurs in On/Off net rating (for all players > 1000 minutes). He hit +9.6 and +10.3 on/off net ratings twice... which is spectacular. He's doing the same floor raising here with the Raps (thanks to Pop's development). It's not a coincidence. The first half of this season with the Spurs was the exception.

Jakob IS the tide lifting ALL boats, especially Fred's. Make no mistake. It's not Fred.
          Yeah, Poeltl makes life easier on everyone, especially the PG.

Glad Masai and Bobby finally saw the light. Lock him up long term and focus on getting more shooters and play makers.

Comment

So no coincidence at all that this 3 game win streak comes in the midst of Fred playing some of his best basketball of the season? Jak has been great as predicted but Fred has been doing his part, as of late, as well. You remove Fred and I'm not sure we're winning these games.

Comment

So no coincidence at all that this 3 game win streak comes in the midst of Fred playing some of his best basketball of the season? Jak has been great as predicted but Fred has been doing his part, as of late, as well. You remove Fred and I'm not sure we're winning these games.
              I think that's a fair assessment. Fred is our 1b to Pascal 1a, if he's off we're not a good team. If he's on we're a good team.

The risk is can you depend on Fred to be "on". The majority of this season we couldn't.

Comment

Replace Fred with Jalen Brunson or Tyus Jones, and yes… we are winning these games. The point was that Jak makes it possible to get a cheaper option than the $30M+ that Fred is looking for this off-season. Heck, maybe even super cheap options like Jevon Carter or Shake Milton would be enough, and Scottie and OG carry a bit more usage.

Comment

Replace Fred with Jalen Brunson or Tyus Jones, and yes… we are winning these games. The point was that Jak makes it possible to get a cheaper option than the $30M+ that Fred is looking for this off-season. Heck, maybe even super cheap options like Jevon Carter or Shake Milton would be enough, and Scottie and OG carry a bit more usage.
                  but this does not solve our backup issues. Plus, can Milton play PG?
                  Last edited by TomAmnot; Sun Mar 19, 2023, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

but this does not solve our backup issues. Plus, can Milton play PG?
                    Milton put up 21p/5r/6a as starting PG when Maxey and Harden were hurt this year. Last year: 16p/5r/4a as a starter. In other words, more than capable as a backup… just caught a logjam at the guard spot in Philly. Milton could actually be a starter on the Raps. A lot of combo guards could, if given an unlimited green light.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I think that's a fair assessment. Fred is our 1b to Pascal 1a, if he's off we're not a good team. If he's on we're a good team.

The risk is can you depend on Fred to be "on". The majority of this season we couldn't.
                      The question is can Fred keep up against the better PG we see in the post season? History suggests he can't and therein lies the problem.

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

The question is can Fred keep up against the better PG we see in the post season? History suggests he can't and therein lies the problem.
                        Post season is nothing - next 4 years is what matters

Comment

Well, I hope he led them in net rating cause the rest of the team is fucking terrible.

And can you please stop with the 'coach's development' nonsense for every player in every circumstance. Poeltl deserves the credit not some tired old hippy who hasn't done jack shit since Duncan left.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

Post season is nothing - next 4 years is what matters
                            So no to both then.

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

The quick, athletic ones are definitely tough for Fred. Maxey usually goes nuts against the Raptors.

Someone like Smart or Holiday is definitely easier for Fred to guard.

I guess it'll depend on which team we play.

Comment

LOL, Jak is a good player but he's hardly the reason for making big personnel decisions. Not saying Fred will be in a Raps uniform next year, but if they let Fred walk or sign and trade him, it will have nothing to do with the addition of Jak.

Also, you don't think Jalen Brunson isn't going to want that $30M per on his next contract? Brunson is Fred from a contract ago so you're not signing him or anyone with his potential to the same contract as of today. It's tough to take a swing on an unproven player. For every Brunson, there's a Dennis Shroder, Reggie Jackson and Dante Exum. A guy that is young and shows enough promise that some team takes a chance on them and they don't deliver. Also need to consider that they should probably be adding to our compliment of PG's, not moving the one solid one we have for someone who may or may not be any good.

Comment

Working...
                                X