Everything Cap Space 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JawsGT wrote: View Post

Poor example i think comparing okc. They once had durant, harden, westbrook, and ibaka. 9 or 10 years later they have none of those guys, no chip, shai and a bunch of picks. Looks good presently, but compare the last 9 or 10 seasons with the raptors and which would you take?
    Not comparing, stressed on the original post that their situation was different over the past few years. The point remains though that as a non-free agent destination, you're best avenue for team building is trades and picks. Sometimes you can't control when the players will leave in free agency but as a whole I'm sure they didn't lose durant, harden, westbrook, ibaka and Paul george all for nothing.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post

Not comparing, stressed on the original post that their situation was different over the past few years. The point remains though that as a non-free agent destination, you're best avenue for team building is trades and picks. Sometimes you can't control when the players will leave in free agency but as a whole I'm sure they didn't lose durant, harden, westbrook, ibaka and Paul george all for nothing.
      They didnt, but all it got them was the situation they are in now. Which is great, and i dont doubt they'll improve quickly with the talent they presently have and all the incoming assets. But they still dont have the chip, and we do. And we also got it via trades and picks, remember. No big free agent signings. We drafted derozan, poeltl, wright and JV, which we traded for kawhi, green, and gasol. And ross was drafted and flipped for ibaka. We have done, and will continue to do exactly what you have pointed out. The difference is we dont have a player worth 3-4 1st rounders or a trade partner foolish enough to pull the trigger on a crazy deal like.

Listen, the raps were never gonna tear it down Marlins style after winning the title just because kawhi left. They are a proud group with a desire to compete and win. And they certainly had enough to make a go of it. Thats hard to argue against, because if we had pre bubble spicy p in the bubble and playoffs, we likely would have made the ecf or better. Thats not a bad outcome.

There was no reason to dump ibaka or gasol last season, nor was there one to dump kyle this season. There was no plethora of picks and prospects going to be offered for these guys.

I dont know, the celtics took advantage of foolish trade partner, got a bunch of assets and all they got from it so far is tatum, brown and maybe smart, a failed kyrie experiment, a failed hayward experiment, and now what is shaping up to be a failed kemba experiment, and one ecf appearance. They are presently sub .500, and are almost as thin up front as we are. I do hope okc does better.

Anyways, you gotta let go of this "lost for nothing" idea. We got the chip, and thats as far from nothing as you can get in a sports league.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

We've had Lowry all season and still aren't a playoff team. Not sure how losing Norm, Davis, and Thomas fixes our issues and gets us back in the playoffs.

Expect us to rest the starters regularly down the stretch and not make up the ground we're behind for a playoff spot. Those other teams want it, we clearly do not.
        Well, Davis and Thomas were both terrible when they saw the court, so that alone seems good.

Norm leaving hurts, a little. Trent Jr is a bit of a drop off overall. Question is if the main scorers on the team can stay healthy - if they miss time we will miss Norm’s scoring a lot. At C, we will see what they try to add in terms of buyout guys. Got my eyes on Gorgui Dieng.

We’ve had Lowry all season, yes. We’ve also had a brutal start coming out of a non-training camp after hastily relocating right before the season and had basically the entire roster miss 2 weeks plus the recovery games. When healthy and clicking they were 15-9 or some such. Very possible they replicate that win rate the rest of the way. Heck with Baynes in a reduced role and guys like PWJ, Bembry and Flynn playing over Davis and Johnson they might actually be better.

Or, yes, maybe they rest guys to lose some ground. But I doubt it, at least until much later in the season if they’ve shown they are falling apart on merit.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          I wrote a whole thingy on the trades and their impact on the summer if anyone is interested.

https://www.raptorshq.com/2021/3/26/...future-options
          Always interested Dan.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            Would signing Drummond with our ~$20 mill of cap space be so bad?
            No takers?

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

No takers?
              It's not like we have a young C here who we need to audition. It's clear Masai/Bobby are not trying to get better but couldn't move Kyle

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Well, Davis and Thomas were both terrible when they saw the court, so that alone seems good.

Norm leaving hurts, a little. Trent Jr is a bit of a drop off overall. Question is if the main scorers on the team can stay healthy - if they miss time we will miss Norm’s scoring a lot. At C, we will see what they try to add in terms of buyout guys. Got my eyes on Gorgui Dieng.

We’ve had Lowry all season, yes. We’ve also had a brutal start coming out of a non-training camp after hastily relocating right before the season and had basically the entire roster miss 2 weeks plus the recovery games. When healthy and clicking they were 15-9 or some such. Very possible they replicate that win rate the rest of the way. Heck with Baynes in a reduced role and guys like PWJ, Bembry and Flynn playing over Davis and Johnson they might actually be better.

Or, yes, maybe they rest guys to lose some ground. But I doubt it, at least until much later in the season if they’ve shown they are falling apart on merit.
                Lowry out 10 days with "foot infection". A totally normal injury we've seen a million times in the NBA.

They say he's been dealing with it all season, but it started to get worse after the last game. Funny how that timing works out?

The rest days have already begun

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

Lowry out 10 days with "foot infection". A totally normal injury we've seen a million times in the NBA.

They say he's been dealing with it all season, but it started to get worse after the last game. Funny how that timing works out?

The rest days have already begun

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

yes it has begun

Comment

Working...
                    X