Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replace Raptors roster with Wolves Roster would you be disappointed ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace Raptors roster with Wolves Roster would you be disappointed ?

Replace Raptors roster with Wolves Roster would you be disappointed ? I know it may sound stupid but they are young athletic and got two potential Canadian stars on their roster .. Short term pain for long term gain as a fan !!

Can they have Flip though lol

don't care about the 'canadian' angle. but wolves will be a 32-wins-but-exciting team to watch this season.

i like thaddeus young and pekovic a lot. JV hates playing against pekovic.

but no thanks to rubio. overall, nope i'd keep our roster.
    Last edited by iblastoff; Wed Oct 22, 2014, 10:29 AM.

Comment

I was an avid tanker and really wanted Wiggins.. so it would be hypocritical for me to say that I wouldn't want the Wolves roster.. They have pieces.. Not a big fan of Rubio, but he's got value. Could get some really good assets for him. I am also not a big fan of LaVine and I suspect he'll be a bust.

They will struggle, won't make the playoffs this year, but if Wiggins reaches his potential they could become better then the Raptors sooner then later.

Comment

Well yeah we'd be a bit disappointed considering we already have a winning team and Minnesota won't make the playoffs this year lol but they are a team headed in the right direction I believe.
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I'll be watching every Wolves I can this year, but I like our team
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

If my Ferrari (I don't have one for real) got replaced with a Buick, I would be pissed.

I've been watching ball for 25 years and have witnessed 100's of hyped players that don't amount to anything in the NBA. I wish Wiggins the best but he's nothing to me until he proves himself in the NBA.

Comment

The current TWolves team are like the Raptors after Rupaul left and before last season's success. Wiggins, like Demar back then was unproven. Rubio is Jose. They have a nice young core but they will take time before they will actually be a contender esp the western conference. But even though they won't be a contender yet, they will be an exciting team to watch. I wish Wiggins and Bennett the best, as they will lead the Canadian team to the olympics. Maybe we can get 1 of them to come home when they are now developed into better, much polished players.

That's why this season will be the biggest test for the Raptors. Can they backup what they started last season? Or was it just a fluke, just like the previous Raptor teams and other Toronto teams like the *cough Laughs? Based on the preseason and the offseason acquisitions, they look much better and are heading to the right direction. And they're getting some respect south of the border. So I'd take this team over the current TWolves. This city is famished for a winner, and the Raptors are the team who has the best chance of being that.

Comment

No
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                  The current TWolves team are like the Raptors after Rupaul left and before last season's success. Wiggins, like Demar back then was unproven. Rubio is Jose. They have a nice young core but they will take time before they will actually be a contender esp the western conference. But even though they won't be a contender yet, they will be an exciting team to watch. I wish Wiggins and Bennett the best, as they will lead the Canadian team to the olympics. Maybe we can get 1 of them to come home when they are now developed into better, much polished players.

That's why this season will be the biggest test for the Raptors. Can they backup what they started last season? Or was it just a fluke, just like the previous Raptor teams and other Toronto teams like the *cough Laughs? Based on the preseason and the offseason acquisitions, they look much better and are heading to the right direction. And they're getting some respect south of the border. So I'd take this team over the current TWolves. This city is famished for a winner, and the Raptors are the team who has the best chance of being that.
                  Did you just compare Wiggins to demar? Lol, demar has surprised the world by even making it to the leastern conference all star game and when he came into the league he was a lost puppy dog. Wiggins is a roy front runner with franchise player potential. Sure Wiggins could be a bust but lets be real he's in a different league then demar for potential and expectations.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Did you just compare Wiggins to demar? Lol, demar has surprised the world by even making it to the leastern conference all star game and when he came into the league he was a lost puppy dog. Wiggins is a roy front runner with franchise player potential. Sure Wiggins could be a bust but lets be real he's in a different league then demar for potential and expectations.
                    I'm comparing them based on how raw both players are entering the league. Wiggins was a sure one and done even back in hs, but his performance in Kansas put doubts on many about what his potential really is. Almost everyone has Jabari Parker winning ROY over him. He was supposed to be the next Lebron or KD. His nickname was Maple Jordan or Canada's Lebron. Demar also had other big names in front of him (Harden, Curry, Rubio, Flynn, Tyreke, Thabeet lol, etc.), but Demar was a sure Top 10 pick due to his youth and potential. And only 3 of the names I mentioned are now all-stars, which includes Demar.

If Wiggins will have the work ethic and dedication of Demar, that will be huge! He has a chip on his shoulder and he has a chance to shine in Minnesota.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                      I'm comparing them based on how raw both players are entering the league. Wiggins was a sure one and done even back in hs, but his performance in Kansas put doubts on many about what his potential really is. Almost everyone has Jabari Parker winning ROY over him. He was supposed to be the next Lebron or KD. His nickname was Maple Jordan or Canada's Lebron. Demar also had other big names in front of him (Harden, Curry, Rubio, Flynn, Tyreke, Thabeet lol, etc.), but Demar was a sure Top 10 pick due to his youth and potential. And only 3 of the names I mentioned are now all-stars, which includes Demar.

If Wiggins will have the work ethic and dedication of Demar, that will be huge! He has a chip on his shoulder and he has a chance to shine in Minnesota.
                      Good post. You swayed me but while swaying me you made me disagree with something else you said. I think what could make their careers equal or even demars better is that i feel wiggins biggest negative is his lack of dedication and work ethic. Does he have a chip on his shoulder? I dont see it, he seems just happy to be here, completely lacks that mj/Kobe gene.

He almost seems very Vince like in his approach to the game, all the talent in the world but doesn't really care if he ends up one of the greats.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Since Day 1 wrote: View Post
                        If my Ferrari (I don't have one for real) got replaced with a Buick, I would be pissed.

I've been watching ball for 25 years and have witnessed 100's of hyped players that don't amount to anything in the NBA. I wish Wiggins the best but he's nothing to me until he proves himself in the NBA.
                        Love the analogy haha

Comment

Working...
                        X